Bipartisan Backstabber Pat Toomey
” A bipartisan deal seems imminent on expanding background checks to more gun buyers, an agreement that could build support for President Barack Obama’s drive to curb firearms violence.
Meanwhile, the Senate is ready for an opening vote on restricting guns as Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., set a roll call for Thursday on starting consideration of the firearms legislation. Odds are growing that Democrats will win enough Republican support to thwart an effort by conservatives and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., to block consideration from even starting.
Sens. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., and Patrick Toomey, R-Pa., were expected to announce a background check compromise on Wednesday. Subjecting more firearms purchases to federal background checks has been the chief goal of Obama and gun control supporters, who promote the system as a way to prevent criminals and other risky people from getting the weapons.
After weeks of negotiations, Manchin and Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., told reporters late Tuesday that a gun control agreement was close.”
Why does any “bipartisan” bill mean another democrat victory ? The Senate Republicans are the most spineless , cowardly , unprincipled lot one could imagine . The only thing they fear is a liberal media that they could never please anyway . If only they showed their constituents the same measure of respect that they afford the MSM.
- Deal on background checks is close (abcactionnews.com)
- Toomey-Manchin Compromise Could Mean Gun Bill Back On (usnews.com)
- Sen. Pat Toomey’s bipartisan deal on background checks for gun buyers is done (pennlive.com)
- Senators to announce background check deal (nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com)
- John McCain sides with Obama, as Mitch McConnell joins Senate gun filibuster (riehlworldview.com)
- Gun Control’s Trojan Horse to be voted on Thursday, April 11 (bunkerville.wordpress.com)
- Mitch McConnell Joins Filibuster Against Gun Control (rubinoworld.com)