” The Pentagon has released a statement confirming that soldiers could be prosecuted for promoting their faith: “Religious proselytization is not permitted within the Department of Defense…Court martials and non-judicial punishments are decided on a case-by-case basis…”.
The statement, released to Fox News, follows a Breitbart News report on Obama administration Pentagon appointees meeting with anti-Christian extremist Mikey Weinstein to develop court-martial procedures to punish Christians in the military who express or share their faith.
(From our earlier report: Weinstein is the head of the Military Religious Freedom Foundation, and says Christians–including chaplains–sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ in the military are guilty of “treason,” and of committing an act of “spiritual rape” as serious a crime as “sexual assault.” He also asserted that Christians sharing their faith in the military are “enemies of the Constitution.”)
So President Barack Obama’s civilian appointees who lead the Pentagon are confirming that the military will make it a crime–possibly resulting in imprisonment–for those in uniform to share their faith. This would include chaplains—military officers who are ordained clergymen of their faith (mostly Christian pastors or priests, or Jewish rabbis)–whose duty since the founding of the U.S. military under George Washington is to teach their faith and minister to the spiritual needs of troops who come to them for counsel, instruction, or comfort.”
- Christians in Obama’s military will be court-martialed for sharing their faith (cryandhowl.com)
- Pentagon May Court Martial Soldiers Who Share Their Christian Faith (pjmedia.com)
- Pentagon to Court Martial Those Who Share Christian Faith (conservativebyte.com)
- PENTAGON CONFIRMS: Sharing Christian Faith Could Lead to Court Martial… (redflagnews.com)
- Attention All Infidels: Pentagon Will Prosecute Those Who Espouse Judeo-Christian Faiths in the Military (sfcmac.wordpress.com)
- Pentagon: OK to talk about faith, but not to push beliefs on others (stripes.com)
- Pentagon Confirms May Court Martial Soldiers Who Share Christian Faith (ncrenegade.com)