” Just when we thought it was safe to turn the news on again, a new scandal is brewing in the Obama administration, this one involving the Environmental Protection Agency. It has every possibility of being as big as the IRS scandal, because just like that one, it centers on administration officials playing favorites.
The Competitive Enterprise Institute reviewed FOIA requests received by the EPA from January 2012 to the spring of 2013, according to The Washington Examiner and the results were startling.
The Examiner’s Michal Conger reported:
For 92 percent of requests from green groups, the EPA cooperated by waiving fees for the information. Those requests came from the Natural Resources Defense Council, EarthJustice, Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility, The Waterkeeper Alliance, Greenpeace, Southern Environmental Law Center and the Center for Biological Diversity.
CEI received almost the exact opposite results — 93 percent of their requests for fee waivers to the EPA were denied.
The White House’s Chicago-style politics served as a blueprint for all the agencies under its control — the IRS, HHS, EPA, Justice and Labor to name a few. As Sen. Marco Rubio noted in a floor speech Wednesday, “These are the tactics of the third world.” “
- Uh oh: Obama’s EPA mistreated conservative groups, too? (theblaze.com)
- Benghazi, IRS, The AP And Now… the EPA?! One Scandal Follows Another In Exposing Obama’s Culture Of Discrimination (personalliberty.com)
- Another Obama administration scandal is brewing (conservativehammers.blogspot.com)
- Another Apolitical Agency Gone Bad (seeingthesword.com)
- Obamacorruption: EPA waives fee requests for friendly groups, not for conservatives (utsandiego.com)
- EPA to review claims of bias against conservatives amid fight over IRS (thehill.com)