” Over the Summer BenSwann.com reported on a viral video from a DUI checkpoint in Rutherford County, TN. The video featured Chris Kalbaugh, a Rutherford County citizen, filming his encounter with police at the checkpoint. His encounter has been viewed more than 4.3 million times on Youtube alone. Controversy swirled as viewers felt the cop was violating Kalbaugh’s constitutional rights. Deputy Ross, from the video, has just won the “Deputy of the Year” award from the Tennessee Governor’s Highway Safety Office (GHSO). The department is responsible for funding DUI checkpoints.
Ross has worked for the Sheriff’s department twice. He resigned after lying to police about having insurance after being in a car accident. A few years later, under a new sheriff, Ross was reinstated.
Gordon Duff, senior editor of VeteransToday.com, one of the country’s largest military veterans newsletters, referred to Ross as “America’s dirtiest cop“. “
- Illinois Mirror: Starting blocks August 22, 2014
- Cop Who Pushed CNN Anchor in Ferguson Suspended Over Racist Speech
- Goldman Sachs, US Agency in Mortgage Settlement Worth $1.2 Billion
- Big-Money Democrat Donors Were Especially Active in July
- The Obama Bank Shakedown: Waging Class Warfare Against Banks, Corporations and Rich
- White House Condemns Russian Move into Ukraine