” A federal court on Thursday halted — at least for the time being — an effort by the Environmental Protection Agency to ban all ammunition containing lead, much to the dismay of gun control groups hoping to use environmentalism to “make an end run around the Second Amendment” right of access to ammunition, according to officials from several organizations representing gun owners and manufacturers.”
” As the “Great Ammunition Shortage” continues, police departments across the country are struggling to supply their arsenals. One police chief turned to the community for help, and citizens stepped up.
When Wobig turned to the residents of Proctor by putting out a call for help meeting his department’s ammo needs, citizens contacted his office, eager to help.
“The citizens were like, ‘If you need something, we got plenty here,’” said Wobig.”
- Due To Shortage, Police Department Turns To Citizens For Ammo (patdollard.com)
- SHORTAGE: Police Department Turns to Citizens for Ammo (secretsofthefed.com)
- Police Chief Asks Citizens for Ammo, Gets 1,500 Round Loan Amid Strong Response (iowntheworld.com)
- Police chief asks citizens to provide ammo (wnd.com)
- Fools donate their ammo to police (lunaticoutpost.com)
” Before the smoke had cleared after the terror attacks during the Boston Marathon last month, New Jersey Senator Frank Lautenberg employed Obama’s favorite axiom of never letting a good crisis go to waste by immediately proposing major changes to federal laws pertaining to loose gun powder and explosives.
Reports quickly emerged after the bombing that the terrorists had used black powder for the explosive component of their pressure cooker bombs and this news prompted Lautenberg to action.
On April 23, Lautenberg introduced S. 792, the Explosive Materials Background Check Act. Originally, the Senator submitted the bill as a shell bill–meaning it was not fully written–but this month he has finally submitted the full text of his bill.
An analysis of the text reveals some disturbing changes ton current law. Lautenberg’s changes in the explosives law would seriously hamper history reenactor hobbyists, black powder hunters, sportsmen, target shooters, and anyone that loads their own ammo with modern smokeless gun powder or the older style black powder.
One change would require those that want to buy and store either smokeless powder or black powder to get a new license–at a rate of $50 every three years–to allow them to do so. The bill also says that they will only be allowed to have “limited” supplies but does not seem to say what amount would exceed those limits.”
” In the face of a national ammo shortage, Armscor USA and Armscor International have doubled their manufacturing capabilities and committed $4 million in new equipment and facilities to support shooting enthusiasts and gun owners.
“At Armscor, we recognize the inconvenience and frustration of gun owners have in finding ammunition and we are doing everything we can to push more product out the door and on to store shelves,” said Martin Tuason, CEO of Armscor International. “We are at something of an advantage in that our growth in US sales had us already looking at long term expansion so we are really accelerating our timelines.” “
” Last Christmas many Dick’s customers were sent one mean lump of coal in the form of a gift certificate. All customers who pre-ordered a Troy Carbine from Dick’s for their Black Friday special had their orders cancelled and their money returned.
Following the Newtown shooting spree, Dick’s Sporting Goods changed their policy and stopped selling AR-pattern and other semi-automatic, magazine-fed rifles, even the guns they had already sold.
If there’s a silver lining for all the people who were eagerly waiting for that Troy Carbine and were vastly dissappointed, it’s that Dick’s isn’t doing so well in the financial department.
At a time where the only thing a company has to do to sell firearms, ammo and accessories is to unlock their doors, Dick’s sales have flat-lined. In fact, their sales dropped 2.2 percent in the fourth quarter of 2012 compared to 2011 and their shares 10 percent in the last quarter.
Dick’s denied that their sales were low because of the store’s gun policy, instead they pointed the finger at the ammunition shortage.”
As we noted previously Cabela’s is doing very well despite ammo shortages .
“But other sporting goods stores are not feeling the pinch despite the ammo drought. In fact, Cabela’s is doing better than ever and investors have been quick to point out that it’s because of their strong gun sales.
“Cabela’s Inc. stock closed up more than 16 percent, among leading gainers on the New York Stock Exchange, and hit a 52-week high Thursday after reporting strong financial results above the market’s and the company’s expectations.” “
” DFW Gun Range burned to the ground in a 4 alarm blaze Sunday evening after one of their customers made the mistake of using the unauthorized ammunition at the indoor range. There were between 50 and 100 people in the range during the time of the fire. No one was seriously injured but one fireman had to be treated for smoke inhalation. No charges will be filed against the customer who started the fire.”
- ‘Military’ Ammo Burns Down Texas Gun Range (newser.com)
- Military tracer rounds cause raging fire and explosions at Texas gun range (rawstory.com)
- Authorities: Tracer round caused gun range fire (star-telegram.com)
- What difference does knowing the number of bullets make? (americanliberaltimes.com)
- No Contamination Due To Lead From Gun Range Fire (dfw.cbslocal.com)
DHS Components Total Round Purchased In FY2010-2012 Total Inventory CBP 141,624,536 94,404,329 FLETC 61,131,009 18,797,942 FPS/NPPD 11,692,000 2,500,000 ICE 66,494,000 42,300,000 TSA 37,800,000 29,909,514 USCG 28,853,241 70,258,197 USSS 13,956,460 5,563,380 Total DHS 361,551,246 263,733,362
” I provided you a response from the Department of Homeland Security on Saturday concerning the large number of rounds of ammunition that they are soliciting for. I continue to leave it up to the reader to determine if they think DHS’ response is truthful or not. However, their response came just two days after they solicited for 360,000 more .40 caliber hollow point bullets. DHS told us these are for training purposes and, in fact, these are being sent to the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Artesia, New Mexico, which is the same location that 240,000 hollow points were sent to last month. However, I want to provide you with more details that DHS has put in print and ask some questions.
The current solicitation can be found on the Federal Business Opportunities website and you will notice that the “Bid MUST be good for 30 calendar days after close of Buy.” So this purchase is not one of those “over five years” kinds of purchase.
Several congressmen have pushed DHS on these purchases, which resulted in the response from DHS, including fifteen that banded together to get answers. Some of which were not addressed. “
- DHS to Buy 360,000 More Rounds of Hollow Point Ammunition (leaksource.wordpress.com)
- Is DHS Short Of Ammo Or Are They Sending it To The Cartels To Go With The Fast & Furious Weapons ? (youviewed.com)
- DHS Buys Another 360,000 More Rounds of Hollow Point Ammunition (thegatewaypundit.com)
- DHS Under Fire for Buying Another 360,000 Bullets ‘to save money’ (tarpon.wordpress.com)
- HOMEFRONT: DHS To Buy 360,000 More Rounds Of Hollow Point Ammunition (patdollard.com)
” On Monday, in New York City, the United Nations kicked off its final round of negotiations on its comprehensive global arms trade treaty agreement.
In preparation for the talks, UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon expressed his optimism in a statement released last week that all 193 Member State will “overcome their differences and muster the political will needed to agree on this landmark treaty.”
While it’s unclear what the final draft of the ATT will look like, Ban Ki-moon said that he expects it to include regulations on both weapons and ammunition, from “small arms to tanks to combat aircraft.”
“I reiterate my support for an Arms Trade Treaty that regulates international transfers of both weapons and ammunition and provides for common standards for exporting States. These standards are important for assessing the risks that transferred weapons are not used to fuel conflict, arm criminals or abet violations of international humanitarian or human rights law,” said Ban ki-moon.
Ban Ki-moon also noted that this treaty was only the beginning, a launching pad for more expansive regulations down the road.”
- NRA vs UN: Arms Trade Treaty stirs frenzy in US gun lobby (sgtreport.com)
- UN to debate global arms treaty (aljazeera.com)
- Nations gather for final U.N. arms trade treaty negotiations (Reuters) (newsdaily.com)
- US says it’s committed to strong Arms Trade Treaty (foxnews.com)
- UN reopens talks on NRA-opposed arms trade treaty (theseatonpost.com)
- NRA vs UN: Arms Trade Treaty stirs frenzy in US gun lobby (thedailysheeple.com)
” Big time ammo company Hornady released a statement Tuesday commenting on the ammo shortage and shed light on some key questions they’ve been asked repeatedly.
“The current political climate has caused extremely high demand on all shooting industry products, including ours,” Hornady said in the statement. “Empty retail shelves, long backorders, and exaggerated price increases on online auction sites – all fueled by rumors and conjecture – have amplified concerns about the availability of ammunition and firearms-related items.”In short, Hornady, like many other ammo and gun makers, are producing as much as they can, which is more than last year and a lot more than the year before that. And like any business they want to make their products available for those who want to buy them and in turn win the sale.”
- Hornady Clears Up Some Rumors (onlygunsandmoney.blogspot.com)
- Don’t Pay Outrageous Ammo Prices (lewrockwell.com)
- Editorial: When Will We Have Ammo Again? (guns.com)
- Hornady Addresses Ammo Shortage: We’re working 24/7 (guns.com)
“ Liberty Ammunition makes a radical and different type of lead-free frangible ammunition. It’s designed to break apart on impact, but unlike the majority of frangible ammo, it’s designed to be a no-compromises self-defense load, promising deep penetration in addition to fragmentation.
What makes Halo Point — that is to say Civil Defense — ammo different is that this stuff is hot. Their .40 S&W load uses a 60-grain bullet that promises velocities over 2,000 feet per second; rifle speeds from a handgun.”
One more sample to pique your interest
” The Department of Homeland Security is set to purchase a further 21.6 million rounds of ammunition to add to the 1.6 billion bullets it has already obtained over the course of the last 10 months alone, figures which have stoked concerns that the federal agency is preparing for civil unrest.
A solicitation posted yesterday on the Fed Bid website details how the bullets are required for the DHS Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Artesia, New Mexico.
The solicitation asks for 10 million pistol cartridge .40 caliber 165 Grain, jacketed Hollow point bullets (100 quantities of 100,000 rounds) and 10 million 9mm 115 grain jacketed hollow point bullets (100 quantities of 100,000 rounds).”
Are they shipping it to Mexico to supply the cartel’s Fast & Furious weapons ? WTF ?
- DHS adds another 200,000 rounds to stockpile (wnd.com)
- Homeland Security Hoarding Ammo, Depriving Police (patdollard.com)
- Feds to hold ammo advantage over states? (wnd.com)
- What’s Another 21.6 Million Rounds When You Already Have 1.6 Billion? (ncrenegade.com)
- Out of Ammo (powerlineblog.com)
- Something Stinks (youviewed.com)
” So what is going on? In part, certainly, the perception of a potential shortage due to the policies of the Obama administration has led to the reality of a shortage, as everyone started to stock up. I can understand the mentality: if I wandered into a gun store and found that they had just put 1,000 9 mm rounds on the shelf, I would buy them all. But does that fully explain what is happening? How about the fact that government agencies are buying up billions of rounds? There have been lots of news reports and lots of rumors, but no clear explanation of why the federal government has invested so massively in ammunition–including the most popular civilian calibers–over the last year. One way or another, it seems that there is a story here. But for it to be pursued, we would need “reporters.” Remember them? Nah, that was a bygone era: you probably don’t.”
If we had a real press instead of a government propaganda machine we might know the truth of the ammunition shortages and the unprecedented massive Federal agency purchases .
Update : Here is a story that differs from the norm regarding these massive ammo purchases by the “State” . It posits that the story is a clever smoke screen designed to root out malcontents . It’s months old but we had been unaware of it up til now .
- National ammo shortage continues as gun sales rise during gun control debate (wbtw.com)
- Wal-mart Caves to Limit Purchase of Ammo (americanfreedombybarbara.com)
- Walmart to Limit Ammo Purchases, Citing Shortages (breitbart.com)
- Nationwide Ammo Shortages: The Ammo is Gone (offgridsurvival.com)
- Ammunition Shortages? (vitasbrennus.wordpress.com)
- Three Per Day: Walmart Limits Ammo Sales (sgtreport.com)
- All out of ammo: US cops can’t stay stocked up as gun and bullet sales soar (rt.com)
- Nationwide ammo shortage so severe that even cops can’t buy bullets; ammo rationing imminent (conservativeread.com)
- Nationwide Ammo Shortages: The Ammo is Gone (sgtreport.com)
- Guns, ammo and … sex (politico.com)
” The largest gun show in the world has opened its doors in Las Vegas, revealing 12.5 miles of firearms, ammunition and related gear from every major gun manufacturer on earth.
The annual SHOT show — short for Shooting, Hunting and Outdoor Trade — is owned and sponsored by the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF), a firearms, ammunition, hunting and shooting sports industry trade association. Each year the show generates millions of dollars in revenue that NSSF uses to fund programs that help “promote, protect and preserve” hunting and the shooting sports.
Attendance to the show is restricted to shooting, hunting and outdoor trade professionals and commercial buyers and sellers of military, law enforcement and tactical products and services, however, meaning hunters, sports shooters and shooting clubs are not permitted entry.
Similarly, they do not permit any personal firearms or ammunition. Only exhibitors’ firearms on display that have had their firing pins are permitted.
A bucketload of celebrities, from the A&E’s Duck Dynasty family through to NASCAR driver Jason White, will also be making an appearance this year. The show will also host legendary Vietnam War sniper Chuck Mawhinney, Medal of Honor recipient Jon Cavaiani, pro shooter Doug Koenig, country music singer Mark Wills and SEAL Team 3 sniper Chris Kyle. “
- Why Is NBC Sports Sponsoring America’s Largest Gun Show? (thinkprogress.org)
- NSSF hosts Las Vegas SHOT Show as nation debates gun rights (humanevents.com)
- The NSSF State Of The Industry Speech (onlygunsandmoney.blogspot.com)
- Nra Plans Fight of the Century… (washingtonpost.com)
- Newtown Gun Group Pres: ‘We Are Not the Evildoers’. (greatriversofhope.wordpress.com)
- Newtown-Based Gun Lobby Breaks Silence (huffingtonpost.com)
- NSSF Picks NICS Fix in Statement on Biden Commission Recs (thetruthaboutguns.com)
- CES 2013: Linux powered precision guided firearms turn an amateur into a sniper (gizmochunk.com)
- Teachers Sign Up For Free Firearms Training (thecoloradoobserver.com)
- Linux-Powered Sniper Rifle Presented at CES 2013 – VIDEO (news.softpedia.com)
” Actually made before the MkI (dont ask), the MkII was the most common type of Welrod with some 14,000 produced. It was rather heavy for a weapon designed to be secreted away at 38-ounces and was
Welrod MK II could make use of captured German, Italian and Japanese ammunition.
slightly over a foot long. Chambered for .32ACP (7.65x17mm), the same caliber as many popular Italian, German, and Japanese pistols, the gun was stated to be able to fire a 72-grain Kynoch lead head at 920fps. Its single stack magazine held 8-shots.
The German military captured many of the weapons dropped to European Resistance groups and the MkII Welrod was often in these caches. The SS special operations groups led by Otto Skorzeny (called once the most dangerous man in Europe) are known to have carried the occasional Welrod. A number were given as reverse-Lend Lease to the US Navy who referred to them as “.32 Hand Firing Mechanism Mk.1 Mod 0″ to obscure its use as a weapon of special applications. Many of these later were passed on to the CIA.
A Black Hole of Information
The individual who invented the Welrod or even company that manufactured them is a matter of conjecture and is a question that has never been definitively answered. Even the name ‘Welrod’ has never been fully explained other than in urban legends that have found their way onto the Internet over the years. While small resolution diagrams abound, the full and correct set of manufacturer’s blue prints have seemingly never been declassified. Additionally, the guns were almost completely unmarked so they could be deniable if captured. It is thought that BSA made the Welrod production pistols, although this information is still classified. “
- Stockholm Syndrome, Newtown and the Liberator Pistol (thetruthaboutguns.com)
- Forces issued with new pistols (express.co.uk)
- New Glock pistols for British forces (bbc.co.uk)
- British soldiers to be armed with Glock pistols (standard.co.uk)
” Last year, it was reported that theDepartment of Homeland Security had purchased 1.6 billion rounds of hollow point ammunition of various calibers for reasons that the agency refuses to reveal. On Wednesday, the DHS announced that it would acquire another 200,000 rounds from a company known as Evian Group, Inc.
The DHS put out a solicitation for the purchase on the FedBizOps.gov Web site on Dec. 17 for the agency’s Federal Law Enforcement Training Center, requesting .40 caliber hollow point rounds, Federal Ammunition of 1,000 rounds in 200 cases.
Not only is the reason for the agency’s stockpiling of nearly 2 billion rounds of ammo shrouded in mystery, but so too is the Evian Group. James Smith of Prepper Podcast did an investigation into the company and found some odd facts which he reported in an article on Thursday.
For one, “It seems that the Evian Group was formed on December 12, 2012, just 5 days before the announcement of the solicitation,” writes Smith.
The price that the agency paid for the rounds is suspect too, according to Smith.
“The contract for 200,000 rounds was $45,758, which boils down to about $0.21 per round. And to be quiet (sic) honest, that (is) a really good price. As in, unheard of good price.” “
- Did DHS Just Award an Ammunition Contract to a Shell Corporation? (activistpost.com)
- 6. Video: DHS Buys Even More Ammo- 200,000 Hollow-point bullets (12160.info)
- DHS Buys 200,000 More Rounds of Ammunition – [ prep 4 gun grab ?] (forum.prisonplanet.com)
- DHS Arms Itself to the Teeth While Obama Pushes for Gun Control (leaksource.wordpress.com)
” Reaction to threats by Senator Dianne Feinstein and others to ban certain weapons and serverely restrict ownership of guns generally has caused a run on gun stores, as is widely reported.
Less reported is the run on ammunition, leaving ammunition inventories down 93% since election day.
So reports Traction Control blog, Plunge! Ammunition Levels Less Than 10% of Pre-Election Levels:
Ammunition Stock levels have fallen by more than 90% from the pre-Election Day levels. Less than 10% remains available. Available Ammunition links will be updated throughout the day.
Handguns are down by 80%, Long Guns by 63% for an overall 72.2% reduction in firearms inventories.
AR pattern rifles are becoming particularly difficult to source.”
- Feinstein legislation is the Obamacare of gun control (legalinsurrection.com)
- Democrats Seek the Holy Grail of Gun Control (powerlineblog.com)
- Feinstein unveils sweeping gun-control agenda (wnd.com)
- ALERT: Legislation Details: Senate to Ban Hundreds of Semiautomatic Rifles, Handguns, Shotguns, Magazines (thedailysheeple.com)
- Ammo sellers blow through 3 years of magazines & Ammo in 72 hours (raptureimminent.wordpress.com)
- A Marine responds to Dianne Feinstein’s gun ban (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- Petition: Try Dianne Feinstein For Treason (sgtreport.com)
- Feinstein and Fellow Gun-Grabbers Are Going For Broke (sgtreport.com)
- Details of Dianne Feinstein’s Upcoming Assault Weapons Ban Proposal Begin Leaking (thetruthaboutguns.com)
- A bill to ban deadly ‘devises’? Sen. Feinstein is on it! (twitchy.com)
” In the face of possible legislation to restrict and possibly ban firearms and magazines over a certain capacity, waves of panic buyers have stripped shelves to the paint, at both retail and online gun stores.
A combination of demand and gouging has caused prices for rifle magazines and rifles, parts and accessories to more than double, with some vendors selling goods at five times what the average rate was just a few weeks ago.
Many online companies are selling magazines faster than their systems can handle, accepting orders for stock they don’t have and running out of stock mid-transaction.
Brownells spokesman Jason Corpus had this to say.”
- Note to Gun Control Advocates: “Hunting Rifles” Aren’t What You Think They Are (thetruthaboutguns.com)
- Brownells Sponsors 3-Gun Nation’s “Rumble on the Range” 2013 (prweb.com)
- 123, 000 licensed firearms dealers in the US – 13, 381 McDonald’s (dogmaandgeopolitics.wordpress.com)
- Gun owners are sociopaths (whitecoatunderground.com)
- How Do We Know an ‘Assault Weapon’ Ban Would Not Have Stopped Adam Lanza? Because It Didn’t. (reason.com)
- The Truth About the Guns Used in the Newtown School Shooting (thetruthaboutguns.com)
- Gear Up With Brownells’ Black Rifle Friday Specials (prweb.com)
” The finger of blame for Friday’s Sandy Hook school massacre has been firmly pointed at gun owners since the very first moments after the tragedy became public, but an additional scapegoat has now been identified – preppers.
“The mother of Adam Lanza, the gunman who killed 20 children and six adults in one of America’s worst ever school massacres, was a “survivalist” preparing for economic and social collapse, it has emerged,” reports the London Independent.
Lanza used three of his mother’s guns to carry out the shooting. Marsha Lanza underwent rigorous background checks and waiting periods before she was allowed to purchase the firearms.
It is now being implied that because Marsha Lanza was “self-reliant,” had readied herself for an “economic collapse,” and was proficient with firearms, that this rubbed off on her son and was a driving force behind the massacre.
The obvious inference being made is that anyone who buys storable food, owns firearms and is knowledgeable about societal and economic threats is potentially a mass murderer who needs to be watched very carefully, which is a meme that has already been making the rounds in recent months.
Because Marsha Lanza owned ten guns this means she somehow “stockpiled weapons” as part of her “paranoid” fantasies about doomsday.
It’s particularly cynical that Marsha Lanza’s lifestyle is being subtly blamed for the murder of 20 children given that she was the very first victim of Adam Lanza’s rampage.
Yahoo 7 News reports that, “Investigators are turning towards Nancy Lanza’s supposed identification as a survivalist,” as one of the contributing factors towards the shooting. “
- “The mother of the loner who massacred 26 pupils and staff at a US primary school may have played a major part in his catastrophic mental breakdown…” (althouse.blogspot.com)
- Gunman’s Aunt: Nancy Lanza Talked About Survivalism (littlegreenfootballs.com)
- What We Know About Nancy Lanza – The Mother of Sandy Hook Shooter Adam Lanza (americanlivewire.com)
- Adam Lanza shot mother four times before Sandy Hook massacre (metro.co.uk)
- Adam Lanza Tried to Buy Rifle Three Days Before Massacre (thetruthaboutguns.com)