Category: War On Terror
” Because there’s nothing more threatening than a disabled tot in a hot-pink wheelchair and Velcro sneakers, TSA agents singled out 3-year-old Lucy, who has spina bifida, for extra screening at Lambert-St. Louis Airport in Missouri. Irritated parents Nathan and Annie Forck kept the camera rolling, despite agents insisting filming was illegal.”
Remember all these golden hits from not that long ago (plus a host of others) which the Left carped about DAILY? Remember the claims that Bush was a tyrant/dictator/fascist/Nazi? That he was a war-mongering war criminal who really, really loved war? That the United States should be the world's buddy, and shouldn't do things like forcibly extracting information from terrorists, or listen in on conversations between terrorists, 'cause THAT would be an egregious governmental overreach?
Bare in mind that Damon’s movie was at least partially underwritten by one of the oil producing dictatorships of the mideast … United Arab Emirates
” The analysis and other health assessments have been closely guarded by Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo and his administration as the governor weighs whether to approve fracking. Mr. Cuomo, a Democrat, has long delayed making a decision, unnerved in part by strident opposition on his party’s left. A plan to allow a limited amount of fracking in the state’s Southern Tier along the Pennsylvania border is still seen as the most likely outcome, should the drilling process receive final approval.
The New York governor is considered to be a potential 2016 contender. Cuomo has known about the report for months as he considered approving fracking. Fracking is a difficult issue for a Democrat considering a presidential future.
News of the report comes as Hollywood takes a tough stand on the issue.Matt Damon’s Promised Land, a movie about local, rural resistance to fracking, was released in December. The movie has not been received well and is currently rated “rotten.” “
Also bare in mind that fracking isn’t new :
” Since Stanolind Oil introduced hydraulic fracturing in 1949, close to 2.5 million fracture treatments have been performed worldwide. Some believe that approximately 60% of all wells drilled today are fractured. Fracture stimulation not only increases the production rate, but it is credited with adding to reserves—9 billion bbl of oil and more than 700 Tscf of gas added since 1949 to US reserves alone—which otherwise would have been uneconomical to develop.
In addition, through accelerating production, net present value of reserves has increased. Fracturing can be traced to the 1860s, when liquid (and later, solidified) nitroglycerin (NG) was used to stimulate shallow, hard rock wells in Pennsylvania, New York, Kentucky, and West Virginia. Although extremely hazardous, and often used illegally, NG was spectacularly successful for oil well “shooting.” The object of shooting a well was to break up, or rubblize, the oil-bearing formation to increase both initial flow and ultimate recovery of oil. This same fracturing principle was soon applied with equal effectiveness to water and gas wells.”
- Fracking Is Safe, NY State Health Department (independentsentinel.com)
- Desperately Needed Jobs For Upstate … But Will They Be Allowed To Be Created ? (youviewed.com)
- Anti-Fracking Film Produced with Abu Dhabi Oil Money (cnsnews.com)
- Stunning Revelation: Matt Damon’s Anti-Fracking Propaganda Film ‘Promised Land’ Was Financed With Arab Oil Money (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- Fracking industry draws closer in Illinois (sj-r.com)
- Leaked Report, Suppressed by Cuomo, Says Fracking is Safe (pjmedia.com)
- Is Cuomo stalling on declaring fracking safe for New York? (hotair.com)
- Fracking Safe in NY State, Says Leaked Report (blogs.the-american-interest.com)
” An Afghan policewoman has killed an American adviser at Kabul’s police headquarters today.
The killing could be the latest insider attack by a member of the Afghan security forces against their foriegn allies, and the first committed by a woman.
The attack came just hours after an Afghan policeman shot dead five of his fellow officers at a checkpoint in northern Afghanistan. “
- Authorities investigating after Afghan policewoman kills US adviser in Kabul (foxnews.com)
- Afghan policewoman ‘kills US man’ (bbc.co.uk)
- Police: Afghan policewoman kills US adviser – USA TODAY (usatoday.com)
- American killed by Afghan policewoman (cbsnews.com)
- Police say Afghan policewoman kills US adviser (news.yahoo.com)
- Afghan policewoman kills civilian contractor (thehindu.com)
- Afghan policewoman kills American adviser (cbc.ca)
” The leader of Navy SEAL Team Four, one of the most senior commanders in the elite world of special operations, has died after apparently committing suicide in Afghanistan, it was reported today.
Commander John W Price, 42, was found dead in his quarters with a gunshot wound on Saturday – just three days before Christmas.
Cmdr Price was based in Naval Amphibious Base Little Creek, Virginia, near Norfolk and had been in the military for more than 23 years.
He leaves behind a wife, Stephanie and a nine-year-old daughter Jillian, who both live in Virginia Beach.
The commander is originally from Pottstown, Pennsylvania. “
- US Navy Seal’s apparent suicide in Afghanistan under investigation (guardian.co.uk)
- U.S. military probing navy SEAL commander suicide in Afghanistan (panarmenian.net)
- U.S. Navy SEAL commander dies in Afghanistan (news.yahoo.com)
- SEAL commander’s death probed as possible suicide (foxnews.com)
- Military: Top SEAL’s death likely suicide (edition.cnn.com)
- US commander dead in Afghanistan in suspected suicide (worldbulletin.net)
” As Americans get ready to travel for the holidays, here is a look back at last year’s Christmas-themed Remy-ReasonTV collaboration.
Here is the original text from the Dec 19, 2011 video:
In seasons past, Grandma only had to worry about getting run over by a reindeer. With “Grandma Got Run Over by TSA,” web sensation Remy gets us in the holiday mood with a song about Christmas, Homeland Security, and the joys of civil rights abuses. “
- Remy Takes on TSA in ‘I Saw Daddy Pat Down Santa Claus’ Video (arlnow.com)
- | Irradiating the Sheep: TSA to commission independent study of X-Ray Body Scanners! (truthaholics.wordpress.com)
- If the TSA’s ‘natural hair patdown’ practice is not racial profiling, what is? | Imara Jones (guardian.co.uk)
” “I have made a study of different cover-ups – the Pentagon Papers, Watergate and Iran-Contra. I’ve never seen anything like it. I think this is probably the greatest cover-up, in my memory anyway,” the Oklahoma Republican said in an interview Saturday night on Fox News.
Republican senators John McCain of Arizona, Lindsey Graham of South Carolina and Kelly Ayotte of New Hampshire said Friday that the State Department report does not address questions about the role of Cabinet officials in responding to the assault that night. “
Illustration By Gary Varvel
- Obama-Protecting Reporters Argue with GOP Senators on Benghazi Investigation (rushlimbaugh.com)
- The Wages of Libya (youviewedblog.wordpress.com)
- Inhofe: Benghazi cover-up bigger than Watergate, Iran-Contra (washingtontimes.com)
” The U.S. forces deployed last year to
Uganda to fight Joseph Kony’s Lord’s
Resistance Army, meanwhile, have
expanded out to the Central African
Republic, the Democratic Republic of Congo
(where local rebels for a period of time
recently took over one of its largest cities,
Goma), and the newly independent South
Sudan (which has had a tense relationship
with Sudan , from which it broke off last
year, with war sometimes appearing
Good thing that Evil ” Bushy McHitler” is gone or we might be mired down is endless warfare and petty tribalism .
” For the past several years SADJ has been following progress of the US Marine Corps’ program to identify and field a suitable alternative to the M249 Squad Automatic Weapon. While the 5.56mm belt fed SAW is touted as a relatively portable weapon that can pump out a high volume of fire, many of the Leatherneck MOS 0311 grunts who have been humping this twenty-plus pound package since 1985 have been asking for something lighter, simpler and more reliable. This sentiment has been repeated by many in their chain of command from fire team leaders to flag officers.
Like most any significant change to the status quo, the SAW-replacement process has been difficult as various factions have made their often contentious positions known. Details of this struggle within the Corps, spanning more than two dozen years, will be provided in Part 2.
Meanwhile, the decision has been made and the Corps is well on its way to issuing more than 4,400 M27 IARs as fast as gunmaker Heckler & Koch can deliver them. By early 2013, every Squad Automatic Rifleman in Infantry fire teams and Light Armored Recon scout teams will be carrying the new IAR.
But don’t mourn for the M249. A half dozen SAWs will be retained in each Infantry Rifle Company, available to the commander as tactical situations arise. “
How About Czar’s Pay ? If we are talking bloat here , then let’s start with politicians , bureaucrats and administrators before we think of cutting the pay of the one branch of government that is truly justified .
And remind us again how many aides Michelle has .
” Panetta said there were four areas he looked at when trying to achieve savings: efficiencies; force structure reductions, or decreasing total troop strength; procurement reforms; and, perhaps most controversially, compensation.
Troop pay was not directly affected by the Budget Control Act reductions, but if Panetta was laying out a road map for future cuts, as he appeared to be doing, it may not be spared for long.
“Everything has to be looked at if you’re serious about achieving the kind of savings that we need to achieve to address the budget deficit,” Panetta said, adding that he faced a $50 million healthcare bill at the Defense Department and that pay rates had grown significantly in recent years.
Still, military pay seems a strange place to start cutting. While troops do have a robust benefits package during service, pay can be barebones, starting at roughly $1,500 per month for junior enlisted service members. Cuts or cost increases to veterans’ healthcare are also a sore spot, as fee increases in the current defense budget bill have left some retirees feeling let down by the military. “
- Panetta Signs Order to Deploy 400 U.S. Personnel to Turkey (defense.gov)
- Defense Department now planning for sequestration (humanevents.com)
- DOD’s Leon Panetta: ‘I’m staying in D.C. to meet new challenges’ (mysanantonio.com)
- Panetta: The Budget ‘Went to S – t’ (freebeacon.com)
Except Now It Doesn’t
” Clinton may really have injured herself, and if that is the case we should cut her some slack. Having said that, this is still unacceptable. Clinton is THE person who should be testifying, not two flunkies under her we’ve never heard of. All of this is nicelytimed to fall apart right before the Christmas holidays.
Eat, drink and be fat and merry Americans… forget all about Secretary of State Clinton who will be resigning and is trying to escape having to testify to 4 Americans murdered by terrorists on her watch. That’s it, have another eggnog. Fire up the subpoena machine, Mr. Issa. You will not get her in to testify otherwise. “
Illustration By Gary Varvel
- Breaking!!!Hilarry suffers from permenent amnesia and personality change! (lunaticoutpost.com)
- Hillary Clinton Faints, Suffers Concussion… Will Not Testify Next Week (thegatewaypundit.com)
- EXCLUSIVE: Clinton will not testify before Congress on Libya, concussion cited (foxnews.com)
- Hillary Clinton Faints, Suffers Concussion (drudge.com)
- Secretary Clinton Contracts Norovirus, Faints, Suffers Concussion…Karma Speaks Up and Says, “Yep, That One’s Me.” (truthfrequencyradio.com)
“Obama laments “the unfair and misleading attacks on Susan Rice in recent weeks.”
President Barack Obama just released a statement praising Susan Rice’s service and saying he accepts “her decision to remove her name from consideration for Secretary of State.” Obama also lamented “the unfair and misleading attacks on Susan Rice in recent weeks.”
Today, I spoke to Ambassador Susan Rice, and accepted her decision to remove her name from consideration for Secretary of State. For two decades, Susan has proven to be an extraordinarily capable, patriotic, and passionate public servant. “
Take Note : You’ve just witnessed the first honorable action by any member of this administration in it’s entire existence . While we here view the woman with extreme distaste and consider her nothing short of incompetent we will at least be willing to acknowledge an historic ” first ” for an Obama appointee .
This is worth watching if only for Rep Mike Kelly’s performance .