” A former marine emerged as a hero of the Nairobi siege yesterday after he was credited with saving up to 100 lives.
The ex soldier was having coffee at the Westgate mall when it was attacked by Islamists on Saturday.
With a gun tucked into his waistband, he was pictured helping two women from the complex.
His story emerged as sporadic gunfire continued to ring out from inside the mall early today as Kenyan security forces battled Al Qaeda-linked terrorists into a fourth day.
The former soldier is said to have returned to the building on a dozen occasions, despite intense gunfire.
A friend in Nairobi said: ‘What he did was so heroic. He was having coffee with friends when it happened.
‘He went back in 12 times and saved 100 people. Imagine going back in when you knew what was going on inside.’ “
Tag Archive: Armed Citizen
” It’s apparent Eliud Martir Montalvo never heard of the old warning about taking a knife to a gunfight.
It was a retired Marine who was carrying a concealed weapon that brought a halt to Montalvo’s alleged crime spree, which included a series of attempted carjackings in Orange County, Fla., this week.
According to WFTV-TV in Orlando, the suspect allegedly tried to steal four cars, one after another, on Tuesday.
Authorities said the attacks all were within a block of one another, and the episode was halted when a Marine Corps veteran, Andrew Koplin, pointed his concealed weapon at the alleged carjacker and kept it there.
Online records show that Montalvo has been accused of kidnapping with a weapon, multiple counts of carjacking with a deadly weapon, several counts of aggravated battery with a weapon, attempted carjacking, counts of aggravated assault with a weapon, battery and battery on a person 65 years of age or older.”
” Investigators said that George Ramirez, 27, was walking home from a nightclub when he was approached by four to five armed men who opened fire on him.
Ramirez was also armed and fired back at the suspects, police said. Ramirez was hit once in the back, but was able to kill one of the suspects and wound another.”
This is what happens when you try and carjack an armed citizen!
Published on May 16, 2013
” Robbery gone very wrong in Venezuela Very Graphic ) Atraco Fallido”
” Prosecutor William Katz told the court that “The victim was in town visiting a family member and was standing outside a residence when he was approached by two males. They demanded his wallet, when he didn’t comply, they demanded his wallet again. It was at that point that they brandished a weapon and [the victim] took out his own .45-caliber weapon. Refusing to be a victim, he fired and struck one of the assailants in the neck.”
The victim was neither shot nor otherwise injured in the attempted robbery. He is also in full possession of his wallet and its contents.”
“An 84-year-old St. Charles grandmother caught a burglar in her home and held the suspect at gunpoint until police arrived, according to the St. Charles County prosecutor.
The grandma, who wishes to remain anonymous, woke up at 4 a.m. February 11 to find the blankets near her bedroom door were rearranged.”
” A Marine Corps veteran was able to stop a man early Tuesday, March 12th from nearly kicking a woman to death. It happened near 102nd and Lincoln, and Wisconsin’s concealed carry law made his efforts possible.
Charlie Blackmore was driving home from work at 4:00 a.m. along Lincoln Avenue when he saw something on the sidewalk. Blackmore didn’t realize it was a woman on the ground being kicked in the head and stomach until he got closer.
That’s when he jumped out of his car and sprung into action.
“I said ‘stop’ and he starts coming towards me and that`s when I drew on him. He started getting closer and I said ‘get down on the ground,’” Blackmore said.
Blackmore held his gun on the suspect and called West Allis police. He says several times while waiting for police to arrive, the attacker moved toward him.”
- Marine With Concealed Carry Permit Stops Man From Beating Woman (whnt.com)
- Kenneth Harris charged in beating of West Allis woman (fox6now.com)
- Video: Passerby with concealed carry in Wisconsin saves woman’s life (hotair.com)
- * Marine Stops Attack, Saves Milwaukee Woman (hardnoxandfriends.wordpress.com)
” BULLS GAP, Tenn. -
An 86-year-old woman grabbed a gun in self-defense when police say an intruder broke into her home. News 5 sat down with this woman today and listened to her tell about the experience.
Louise Howard lives just off a busy highway in Bulls Gap.
She told us she’s been the victim of theft many times before, and she’s had enough and it was time to take a stand.
“I told different people if I ever catch them, I mean to kill them,” said Louise Howard.
Louise Howard may be 86 years old, but she isn’t afraid to defend her home or her life.”
Update : Suspect caught and apparently Ms Howard’s aim was better than she thought . Molena Nichole Dowell, 36 of Morristown was grazed by the single shot and has been apprehended .
- Burglary victim fights back (wwlp.com)
- UPDATE: Arrest made in the robbery of 86-year old woman (wjhl.com)
- Granny’s packing heat: 56-year-old woman fires at attacker (humanevents.com)
- Another Home Invader Stopped By A Gun … And A Twelve Year Old Girl (youviewed.com)
- Tennessee Introducing Major Gun Protection – NO Restrictions on Guns, Any Federal Law NULL AND VOID in Tennessee! (sherriequestioningall.blogspot.com)
- Suspect charged in robbery of 86-year-old woman was grazed by bullet (knoxnews.com)
Washington City Councilman Walks Out On Council Meeting Because Of Citizen With CCW
” JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — A homeowner scared off two would-be robbers after they tried to break into his Gasparilla Park Ct. home Tuesday afternoon, according to a report from the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office.
According to the homeowner, a second man entered his home through the broken window, and, out of fear, the homeowner fired shots from two handguns, a 9mm and a .38, at the suspect. The homeowner told police he wasn’t sure if he hit the suspect or not. “
- Today’s Feel Good Gun Defense Stories: Home Invasions Thwarted by Gun-Toting Homeowners (nicedeb.wordpress.com)
- Burglars draw gunfire from Jacksonville homeowner (jacksonville.com)
- Home invasion investigated (qctimes.com)
- Lyon County homeowner shoots suspect during home invasion (kansas.com)
- Man uses baseball bat to thwart armed home invasion in Athens (onlineathens.com)
- Police: Homeowner shoots at burglars (news4jax.com)
- Another Successful Home Defense (youviewed.com)
- Three Home Invasions Stopped Because of Guns (breitbart.com)
- Suspect Wanted in Georgia Home Invasion (wctv.tv)
SAN ANTONIO -- A pair of burglars got more than they expected when trying to haul away a big screen TV from a home in San Antonio.
A neighbor spotted the burglars and confronted them with a shotgun.
As you might expect, the men dropped the TV and took off running. They were later arrested.
The homeowner was at work at the time.
More Armed Citizens ... Everywhere You Look Nowadays
” This is a pretty amazing story. An armed private citizen assisted a police officer who was pinned down by the gunfire of a madman who had just killed 3 people and could have killed many more. Amazingly the concerned citizen, Vic Stacy, did so by taking a shot of 150+ yards using only a pistol. “
- Report: Officer justified in 2011 Anaheim killing (ocregister.com)
- Reporter sweats bullets while taking shot at police training (bangordailynews.com)
- 6 Deadly Assumptions About Violence (survivalsherpa.wordpress.com)
- ‘I bit his ear’: Homeowner battles burglar brandishing handgun (kens5.com)
” You may have seen our post about the Autozone employee who was fired for retrieving his personal handgun from his truck and stopping an armed robbery at the AutoZone store he worked at. McLean was fired two days later for violating the company’s policy on firearms in the workplace.
There is now some more info coming out that Devin previously served his country in the Air Force and is expecting his first baby (a boy) by the end of December.
In order to help Devin out, the administrator of a Boycott AutoZone Facebook Page has setup a donation page where you can make a donation. “
- Get Out Of The Zone (personalliberty.com)
- Heroic AutoZone Employee Fired for Using Gun to Thwart Armed Robbery (foxnewsinsider.com)
- Sheriff says he plans to honor ‘AutoZone Hero’ for taking action against ‘Fake Beard Bandit’ (wtkr.com)
- AutoZone Employee Fired For Defending His Employer’s Property From Armed Robber (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
” A West Knoxville man shot a suspect in the chest during a home invasion Friday morning.
Homeowner Gary Berthiaume, 59, of Lance Drive, told police he was sitting on his back porch when he noticed a black male peering through the window in his front door.
Berthiaume went inside his house to get a handgun, but when he opened the door, two suspects rushed in and attacked him, forcing him back into a foyer area. “
- KPD: Man shoots would-be burglar (knoxnews.com)
- West Knoxville resident wards off intruder with gunshot (knoxnews.com)
- One Shot During Home Invasion (wreg.com)
” A trio allegedly responsible for 11 armed robberies over the past two weeks in Paterson, New Jersey, had their luck cut short when one victim, a store clerk armed with a handgun, decided to fight back Tuesday evening.
According to the Paterson Times, the string of robberies came to a close when two of the suspects, 23-year-old Jermaine Eason and 23-year-old Rayvon Wilson, both armed and wearing masks, entered Paterson’s El Jaya Deli & Grocery around 8 p.m. The owner of the store, who was behind the cash register, said one of the suspects kept an eye on two employees in the back of the store while the other was up front pointing a handgun at him.
He told the newspaper that he was frozen with fear as the suspect up front shouted, “Don’t look at me. Don’t look at my face. I will kill you. You’re going to be dead.”
The robbers then ransacked the store making off with $6,500 and several cartons of cigarettes, but as they made their way out the door an employee, the owner’s cousin, grabbed a gun, which he kept hidden behind the register, under a shelf of socks, and proceeded to chase the suspects. “
- Armed suspects tie up Target workers, rob Union Township store without others noticing (nj.com)
- Tifton Police search for armed robbery suspects (mysouthwestga.com)
- Wichita store clerk fatally shoots robbery suspect (sfgate.com)
- Armed jeweler scares off robbery suspects (upi.com)
- Suspects wanted in armed robberies of convenience stores (wafb.com)
” Public flashers are an odd bunch. They seem to get their kicks by running around and showing off their concealed, um, goods to complete strangers, so to speak. Flashers may want to be careful about who they flash, though…
A 35-year-old woman was visiting Lake Sacajawea in Washington state with her 6-year-old son when she had a close encounter with a flasher on Thursday around 8 p.m. She later told police that a man in his early 20s allegedly sat down near her and began performing a sex act, according to reports. He told the mother, “Miss, miss. Could you watch this? You need to watch this.”
Well, she wasn’t particularly interested in watching, but if the flasher wanted to do some show-and-tell then she wasn’t about to disappoint. “I put the magazine in my [Ruger .380]. I cocked it,” the woman said. “I said, ‘You need to leave or I’ll shoot you. I’m going to blow your brains out.’”
The man shouted, “Oh, [expletive]!” and fled. “
- Woman pulls gun on flasher: ‘Blow your brains out’ (usnews.nbcnews.com)
- Woman pulls gun out on flasher (dailyrecord.co.uk)
- Flasher flees after Longview woman pulls out gun (kgw.com)
- Masturbating flasher runs off after woman pulls gun on him (digitalspy.co.uk)
- Flasher runs away after Wash. woman pulls out gun (heraldonline.com)
- Flasher runs away after Wash. woman pulls out gun (utsandiego.com)
” A citizen with a gun stopped a knife
wielding man as he began stabbing
people Thursday evening at the
downtown Salt Lake City Smith’s store.
Police say the suspect purchased a
knife inside the store and then turned it into a weapon. Smith’s employee Dorothy Espinoza says, “He pulled it out and stood outside the Smiths in the foyer. And just started stabbingpeople and yelling you killed my people. You killed my people.” “
The Truth About Guns on whether an armed citizen may have stopped James Holmes .
“If Cinemark hadn’t made their business a “gun free” zone, if James Holmes knew he might face that kind of tactical disadvantage during his attack, maybe he would have chosen a different target. Or used explosives instead. Or . . . who knows. But sometimes the best offense is a good defense.”
I posted a link to the article in the LA Times yesterday but I was unable to post the video directly to the site until now . Enjoy …
“Two hooded men, their faces covered, went into a Florida Internet cafe Friday, hefting a baseball bat and toting a handgun. What they couldn’t have expected to encounter was Samuel Williams, a fleet-of-foot senior citizen with a gun.
The two suspects, identified by authorities as DuWayne Henderson and Davis Dawkins, went spinning and running after Williams, 71, dropped to one knee and aimed his .380.
Video of the incident at the Palms Internet Cafe in Ocala, Fla., shows two suspects directing patrons, who have their hands raised. Williams, a grandfatherly looking man in billed cap and shorts, stands, then bends briefly to one knee and begins shooting.”