” In the poll of 15,000 law enforcement professionals, 71% of respondents said an “assault weapons” ban would have zero impact on violent crime. Of those surveyed, 95.7% said the same of a “high capacity” magazine ban, and 79.7% said the same in response to a question on universal background checks.
Over 90% of these law enforcement professionals said “mandatory sentences with no plea bargains” for those who use a gun in perpetrating a crime would reduce violent crime.
When asked if they supported concealed carry laws for citizens without a felony in their past, 91.3% of respondents answered “yes” on “without question and without further restrictions.” “
Poll data here :
PoliceOne’s Gun Policy & Law Enforcement survey was conducted between March 4
and March 13, 2013, receiving 15,595 responses from verified police professionals
across all ranks and department sizes.
- Police Come Out Against Gun Control (visiontoamerica.com)
- Cops: Gun Control Won’t Work (thetruthaboutguns.com)
- Survey suggests law enforcement united against gun control (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- Police Officer Gun Control Survey Belies Common “Wisdom” (excoplawstudent.wordpress.com)
- Police Overwhelmingly Support 2nd Amendment (youviewed.com)
- Survey of 15,000 Law Enforcement Professionals about U.S. Gun Control Policies (tarpon.wordpress.com)