” Investigators have found female DNA on at least one of the bombs used in the Boston Marathon attacks, though they haven’t determined whose DNA it is or whether its presence means a woman helped the two brothers suspected in the bombings, according to U.S. officials briefed on the probe.
In another development, Russian officials revealed details about contacts between the older brother and suspected Islamist radicals in the Caucasus, including Internet exchanges that led to concerns by investigators that he was trying to join up with jihadist fighters.
One official familiar with the case said agents went to the house Monday to collect a DNA sample from Ms. Russell, the culmination of days of negotiations. FBI officials also have been negotiating with Ms. Russell’s attorney in recent days to gain fuller access to question her, the officials familiar with the case said. The officials said the DNA request was needed to determine whether it matched the DNA found on the bomb remnants.”
- Woman’s DNA Found on Boston Marathon Bomb (medicaldaily.com)
- Sources: Female DNA found on Boston bomb fragment (cbsnews.com)
- Boston Bomb Reportedly Contained Traces Of Female DNA, Authorities Say (huffingtonpost.com)
- Another Boston Bomb Suspect Female DNA Found On Bombs (4umf.com)
- Female DNA Found On Boston Bomb (zerohedge.com)
- Female DNA found on bomb (wnd.com)
- Boston Bombing New Evidence Found linking Female DNA To Bomb Fragment (familysurvivalprotocol.com)