” “Not everyone believes this country is moving in the right direction. Staring down a future of increased tax burdens and shifting cultural values, you can keep chasing the old dream, or you can literally live on a beachfront property in a tropical setting with your own staff for $2,000 a month.” That’s the offer of Orange County Real Estate Company, BuyBelize.com, according to President, Bill Bannon.
“We’re seeing increased demand for our premium properties in Belize. When people come out and see first hand that they can afford a lifestyle they never thought possible in the U.S., the word starts to spread.”
Perhaps the strongest motivator for the new stream of Belizean converts is the favorable tax climate. BuyBelize.com reports, “A key consideration for a direct investment or development opportunity in Belize is the country’s tax climate. Belize has long been regarded as one of the T-7 Tax Havens and it is for this very reason that it is such an attractive option for investors. With the US in economic downturn many investors are looking to internationalize their finances and their portfolios for both tax and asset protection reasons. Belize offers a legitimate path to investors seeking to cover both of these bases.” “
Tag Archive: Budget
” Is there anyone better at wasting money then the U.S. government? Despite the sequester and all of the talk about “deep cutbacks”, the federal government continues to waste money in some of the most outrageous ways imaginable. For example, does the U.S. government really have to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to study the size and shape of the reproductive organs of ducks? Does the U.S. government really have to spend 1.5 million dollars to study why so many lesbians are overweight? There is so much waste that could still be cut out of the federal budget, and yet the very small sequester cuts that just happened are being described as “catastrophic” by many of our politicians.
The following are some of the completely outrageous ways that the U.S. government is wasting money…
#1 The National Science Foundation has given $384,949 to Yale University to do a study on “Sexual Conflict, Social Behavior and the Evolution of Waterfowl Genitalia”. Try not to laugh, but much of this research involves examining and measuring the reproductive organs of male ducks.
#2 The IRS spent $60,000 on a film parody of “Star Trek” and a film parody of “Gilligan’s Island”. Internal Revenue Service employees were the actors in the two parodies, so as you can imagine the acting was really bad.
#3 The National Institutes of Health has given $1.5 million to Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts to study why “three-quarters” of lesbians in the United States are overweight and why most gay males are not.
#4 The National Institutes of Health has also spent $2.7 million to study why lesbians have more “vulnerability to hazardous drinking”.
#5 The U.S. government is giving sixteen F-16s and 200 Abrams tanks to the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt even though the new president of Egypt, Mohammed Morsi (a member of the Muslim Brotherhood), constantly makes statements such as the following…
“Dear brothers, we must not forget to nurse our children and grandchildren on hatred towards those Zionists and Jews, and all those who support them”
#6 During 2012, the salaries of Barack Obama’s three climate change advisers combined came to a grand total of more than $370,000. “
- Is there anyone better at wasting money then the U.S. government? 60 Completely Outrageous Ways The U.S. Government Is Wasting Money (familysurvivalprotocol.com)
- 60 ways the government wastes your money! (politicsandfinance.blogspot.com)
- 60 Completely Outrageous Ways The U.S. Government Is Wasting Money (blacklistednews.com)
” “The president and I, as I have made very clear, have a very good relationship. We’re open with each other. We’re honest with each other,” said Boehner.
“Do you trust President Obama?” Raddatz asked.
“Absolutely,” Boehner replied.
Framing Republicans as out-of-touch radicals, Raddatz then asked, “President Obama says these meetings are intended to find members of the common-sense caucus who he can make a deal with …. Are you not a member of the common-sense caucus?”
Boehner, falling for the trap, shot back, “I’m part of the common-sense caucus.”
Boehner is the dumbest Speaker I’ve ever seen . Fire him now .
- John Boehner Tells ABC He Trusts Obama, Agrees Debt Is ‘Not An Immediate Problem’ (mediaite.com)
- John Boehner Agrees With Obama: ‘We Don’t Have An Immediate Debt Crisis’ (businessinsider.com)
- Boehner says he ‘absolutely’ trusts Obama (rvnewstoday.com)
- Boehner says he ‘absolutely’ trusts Obama (cnsnews.com)
” The first budget from Senate Democrats in four years includes nearly $1 trillion in new taxes but would not balance the budget.The budget would dedicate $100 billion to economic stimulus in the form of infrastructure spending and job training.”
More union gifts , graft and no balanced budget …
” The Ryan budget would balance in 10 years without raising taxes and by reducing spending over the next decade by $5.7 trillion compared to the CBO baseline.”
- Democrats Set To Announce Plan With $1 Trillion In New Taxes And No Path To A Balanced Budget (businessinsider.com)
- Senate Dem budget: $1 trillion in new taxes (wnd.com)
- The GOP Plan to Balance the Budget by 2023 (realclearpolitics.com)
- Obama says U.S. won’t balance budget in next 10 years (rawstory.com)
- Obama to seek ‘fiscally sustainable path,’ not balanced budget (thehill.com)
- Jay Carney: Obama not interested in balanced budget… (bluegrasspundit.com)
- Senate Dems Offer $1 Trillion In New Taxes (patdollard.com)
” While President Obama claimed repeatedly during both the fiscal cliff and the sequestration debate that America’s problem lay just as much on the tax revenue side as it did on the government spending side, new statistics show what a lie that is. According to the Congressional Budget Office, federal tax revenue will hit $2.7 trillion in 2013, the highest number ever.
Liberals will hang their hat on the fact that tax revenue totals 16.9 percent of GDP this year, as opposed to 18.5 percent in 2007, but that is because people earn less taxable income during recessions.”
- Fed. Government has more tax revenue than ever before in history (bellalu0.wordpress.com)
- Tax revenue to hit record this year. So is spending ‘the problem’? (csmonitor.com)
- Analysis: Cuts unlikely to deliver promised U.S. budget savings (reuters.com)
- Renaissance or collapse? The choice is ours (triblive.com)
- Wealthy’s Tax Bill Will Hit 30-Year High in 2013 (cnbc.com)
” President Barack Obama announced three cabinet-level nominations, choosing Sylvia Mathews Burwell of the Wal-Mart Foundation as director of the Office of Management and Budget, scientist Ernest Moniz as head of the Energy Department, and Gina McCarthy to lead the Environmental Protection Agency, where she’s been an assistant administrator.
“I can promise you that as soon as the Senate gives them the go-ahead, they’re going to hit the ground running and they’re going to help make America a stronger and more prosperous country,” Obama said at the White House today.”
How will any of these appointments make America “a stronger and more prosperous country” ? We haven’t had a budget in over four years so what’s the point of Burwell and as to Departments of Energy and EPA we live with the results of those departments every day … $5 gas , an over-arching regulatory environment , bogus e-mails , corruption , green energy scandals … ah , transparency …
” U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry says Washington will provide Egypt with immediate financial aid because of the nation’s “extreme needs.” Kerry announced the deal after meeting Sunday with Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi. Cairo is the first stop in the Arab world for Kerry as he makes his inaugural trip as the top American diplomat.
Secretary of State Kerry says the United States will make $190 million available immediately from a promised $450-million package for budget support. He also pledged $60 million toward a new enterprise fund.”
- Kerry: US to Release Millions in Aid to Egypt (voanews.com)
- John F. Kerry gives Egypt $250 million (amresolution.com)
- US to Give Egypt $250M More in Aid (foxnews.com)
- U.S. To Release Millions In Aid To Egypt, Says Kerry (eurasiareview.com)
- Kerry says US releasing millions in aid to Egypt (cnsnews.com)
- Kerry Says U.S. to Release $190 Million of Economic Aid to Egypt (bloomberg.com)
- Kerry: US To Release Millions In Aid To Egypt (thetruthsoldier.com)
” Marijuana tourism is on the way to Colorado, under a recommendation made Tuesday by a state task force to regulate the drug made legal by voters last year.
But Colorado should erect signs in airports and borders telling visitors they can’t take pot home, the task force recommended.
Colorado’s marijuana task force was assembled to suggest regulations for pot after voters chose to flout federal drug law and allow its use without a doctor’s recommendation. Made up of lawmakers, law enforcement authorities and marijuana activists, the task force agreed Tuesday that the constitutional amendment on marijuana simply says that adults over 21 can use the drug, not just Colorado residents. If lawmakers agree with the recommendation, tourists would be free to buy and smoke marijuana.
“Imposing a residency requirement would almost certainly create a black market for recreational marijuana in the state,” said Rep. Dan Pabon, a Denver Democrat who sits on the task force.
Tourists could see purchasing caps though, possibly as low as an eighth of an ounce per transaction.”
- Rocky Mountain high: Pot tourism on way (wnd.com)
- Colorado marijuana task force recommends allowing pot tourism (denverpost.com)
- Get ready for pot tourism in Colorado… (bluegrasspundit.com)
- Rocky Mountain High: Pot Tourism OKed (abcnews.go.com)
- Toke tours to Colorado? State task force signs off on marijuana tourism idea (vancouversun.com)
- 20. Come Smoke! Rocky Mountain High (12160.info)
- Pot Tourism Receives OK From State Marijuana Task Force (huffingtonpost.com)
” Halftime in America is over and talking to the chair didn’t work, so Clint Eastwood’s taking his political disappointment directly to the people.
The actor, director and Man With No Name went on CNBC on Friday to lament the lack of bipartisan cooperation in Congress and to give some credit to former Republican Sen. Alan Simpson and former White House chief of staff Erskine Bowles for at least trying back in 2010. He worried aloud that the intractable disputes between both sides of the aisle will lead to political complacency that will only further complicate national politics.
“It’s almost like they don’t give a damn,” Eastwood said. “If they don’t give a damn, why do they expect anybody else to?”
It’s been an unusually active political cycle for Eastwood, whose appearance in Chrysler’s “Halftime in America” Super Bowl ad last year in the middle of primary season made onlookers speculate which side he would take in the 2012 presidential election. He supported John McCain in 2008, but his dissatisfaction with President Barack Obama’s economic policies led him to the Republican National Convention and his conversation with a piece of furniture standing in for the president.”
- Clint Eastwood on CNBC: America Needs to Cut Spending (Video) 2-08-13 (nalert.blogspot.com)
- Clint Eastwood on debt deadline: If they don’t ‘give a damn,’ why should we? (examiner.com)
- Clint Eastwood Slams Congress On Debt Deadline: ‘If They Don’t Give A Damn, Why Did They Expect Anybody Else To?’ (mediaite.com)
- Eastwood: If DC Doesn’t ‘Give a Damn,’ How Can We? (redalertpolitics.com)
The Consent Of The Governed … Is Being Lost At An Ever-Increasing Rate
” What are citizens to do when their government refuses to follow its own laws?
The answers to this question throughout history have been hugely unhappy. When individuals in government de-legitimize their own institutions by breaking the rules, rebellion, repression and general lawlessness have often been the result.
Americans have done better at this than anyone else, having inherited the love of the law from our British progenitors. The Founding Fathers took it a step further by ditching the idea of a monarch altogether and crafting what has become the world’s oldest and most revered national charter. The Constitution was a fulcrum point in human history and the greatest gift from the Framers to their nation: a government of laws, not men.
When leaders refuse to follow the rules laid out for them, societies devolve very quickly indeed. Ask any Argentine.
Like many good things – true love, baseball, table manners – the rule of law only exists by the voluntary participation of all involved and a willingness to be subject to sometimes seemingly arbitrary requirements.”
From the nation that that led the way with respect to the rule of law we have fallen , according to the above graphic .
- Enemies Of The Constitution – OpEd (albanytribune.com)
- Big Dangers as Obama Democrats Flout Budget Laws (conservativebyte.com)
- Why we must protect the rule of law (thetimes.co.uk)
- A Liberal Comes Clean: We Hate the Constitution (powerlineblog.com)
- America’s Immigration Agents Are Fed Up With Obama & Congress (grumpyelder.com)
- State House Blocks Obama Gun Laws (conservativebyte.com)
- Barack Obama Comes to Minneapolis (powerlineblog.com)
- KING: The Constitution always trumps politics (washingtontimes.com)
- The Rule of Law (milesfranklin.com)
- US Ignoring Rule of Law, Harming Economy (ritholtz.com)
” Conservative columnist Mark Steyn unleashed a torrent of pithy thoughts on the mercifully ended theater-of-the-absurd that resulted in a measly few billion dollars a year in spending cuts under the fiscal cliff deal. In the video above, the author of After America: Get Ready for Armageddon stated in his cheerfully sardonic way that “the American era is over“:
“In a sense America voted for big government in November. What it didn’t vote for is the willingness to pay for it. We have the biggest gap between revenue and spending of any nation on Earth. So people have got to get real about this. If you want Swedish-style government, you have to pay Swedish-style taxes. And if you don’t, you have to grow up and learn to live within your means.” “
- Mark Steyn: Fiscal Cliff Bill ‘Signals To World That American Era Is Over’ (patdollard.com)
- ‘Cliff’ Bill ‘Signals to World That American Era is Over’ (visiontoamerica.com)
- EIB Guest Host: Mark Steyn (rushlimbaugh.com)
- Saturday Steyn (youviewed.com)
- Steyn: Congress Spent “Two Months Negotiating 10 Hours of Savings” (townhall.com)
- Hugh Hewitt: Donald Rumsfeld, Mark Steyn and Jake Tapper on Benghazi (hughhewitt.com)
” “At one point several weeks ago,” Mr. Boehner told Wall Street Journal writer Stephen Moore, “the president said to me, ‘We don’t have a spending problem.’ “
Such began the divinely timed epiphany of Speaker Boehner that the president is an ideologue who perhaps can’t be reasoned with. Thus, the Speaker’s eyes were opened during the fiscal cliff negotiations that the president is out to draw political blood on Republicans, and really isn’t all-too-concerned about compromise. Well, unless you consider “compromise” making an outrageous offer and then getting 90% of what he wants. “
- Wow!… Barack Obama Tells John Boehner “We Don’t Have a Spending Problem” (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Obama Says Rich Should Pay More Taxes Through Fewer Loopholes (bloomberg.com)
- Boehner critic goes public (wnd.com)
- Boehner re-elected Speaker of the House (dispatch.com)
While the rest of us were eating, drinking and making merry (or turning in early) the drama queens in Washington were burning the midnight oil. They haven’t done their job all year, so we all had to endure the theatrics of the past several weeks with their climactic high drama last night.
And it’s still not over. Although the old media is talking as though all this is done, the House has still not voted on the bill.
” The Senate voted early Tuesday morning 89-8 in favor of the scaled-down bipartisan package that would halt historic tax hikes for many Americans and postpone automatic spending cuts for two months. The bill will now go to the House, which is expected to be back in session at noon today.
The outlines of the deal Mr. McConnell and Mr. Biden worked out included raising tax rates for individuals making more than $400,000 and families with incomes more than $450,000, and extended unemployment benefits for the long-term jobless. It also continued a number of programs from Mr. Obama’s 2009 stimulus law, including tax credits for college tuition and for green-energy programs.
The question now is whether the bill can pass the House. Breitbart points out that the deal reached “cuts only $15 billion in spending while increasing tax revenues by $620 billion—a 41:1 ratio of tax increases to spending cuts,” according to the CBO. Commenting on the lopsided ratio, one House Republican said, “I can’t imagine a ratio such as that warming our fiscal hearts.” “
- Senate approves fiscal cliff deal (thehill.com)
- Despite deal, more political drama likely on the way (nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com)
- Fiscal cliff: White House and Republicans reach deal to end crisis (guardian.co.uk)
- U.S. bill to avert fiscal cliff heads to House today (cbc.ca)
- What Did the Senate Decide on the Fiscal Cliff – Senate Halts Tax Hikes (americanlivewire.com)
- Senate Approves Fiscal Crisis Deal After Missed Deadline, Bill Goes to House (foxnewsinsider.com)
- U.S. Senate approves ‘fiscal cliff’ deal‚ crisis eased (thehimalayantimes.com)
“Famed Washington Post journalist and political pundit Charles Krauthammer was a guest on Fox News’ Special Report on Thursday and he offered some pretty bold, but sage advice regarding the fiscal cliff.
“It’s not just a bad deal, this is really an insulting deal. What Geithner offered, what you showed on the screen, Robert E. Lee was offered easier terms at Appomattox, and he lost the Civil War. The Democrats won by three percent of the vote, and they did not hold the House. Republicans won the House. So this is not exactly unconditional surrender, but that is what the administration is asking of the Republicans.
This idea – there are not only no cuts in this, there’s an increase in spending with a new stimulus. I mean, this is almost unheard of. I mean, what do they expect? They obviously expect the Republicans will cave on everything. I think the Republicans ought to simply walk away. The president is the president. He’s the leader. They are demanding that the Republicans explain all the cuts that they want to make.” “
Illustration By Glenn Foden
” Almost all American households would take a financial blow next year-and low-income families would be among the hardest hit-if the White House and Congress fail to solve the “fiscal cliff.” Damian Paletta reports on Markets Hub. “
This is an interactive webpage that shows the impact of a journey over the fiscal cliff on all taxpayers class by class
- What is the ‘Fiscal Cliff’? (illinoisreview.typepad.com)
- Fiscal cliff ‘substantial threat’ (bbc.co.uk)
- Fiscal cliff negotiators are facing high hurdles (news.yahoo.com)
- Poll: Most Americans would blame GOP if Congress fails on fiscal cliff (thehill.com)
- Fiscal Cliff Looming Over Illinois Lawmakers (katherineiorio.wordpress.com)
- A Gentler Slope for the Fiscal Cliff – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- Rex Nutting: 10 people who led us to the ‘fiscal cliff’ (marketwatch.com)
- GOLDMAN: ‘Clear And Present Downside Risks’ Will Send Stocks Tumbling Into The End Of The Year (businessinsider.com)
” When British Prime Minister Harold Macmillan was asked what might knock his administration off course, he famously responded, “Events, dear boy, events.” There’s a lot of truth to that. At any point in time, an unexpected event can throw the political world into turmoil. However, more often than not, it’s not the blindside hit that gets you so much as the freight train you’ve seen coming for miles.
When Barack Obama came into office, he had a number of serious challenges to deal with and not only has he effectively addressed very few of them, many of them have worsened on his watch. In fact, the thing Barack Obama has proven most adept at in his first term is pointing the finger elsewhere. He may have been able to shift the blame from himself to George Bush, the filibuster, the Supreme Court, Republicans in Congress, Rush Limbaugh, ATM machines, the economy in Europe and everything under the sun, but after four years and counting in office, more and more of the American people are going to be interested in results rather than excuses. How Barack Obama handles those issues may not only determine how he’s viewed by the American people, it could conceivably impact the reputation of the Democratic Party for decades.
1) When does the economy recover? “
John Hawkins Is Always Worth A Read
- Arizona Gun Store: If You Voted For Barack Obama, “Turn Around and Leave” (conservativeread.com)
- Limbaugh On Obama Win: ‘I Went To Bed Thinking We’ve Lost The Country’ (oldschool945.com)
- The man who made us care about America… (standard.co.uk)
- FLASHBACK: At Least Petraeus Wasn’t Having An Affair With The Mistress Of A Soviet Spy (businessinsider.com)
- Events Will Save The GOP (dickmorris.com)
- If a scandal falls in the forest, and the press doesn’t think so… (legalinsurrection.com)
Via the Republican National Committee
Julia is finding her food budget stretched to the max .
Courtesy of PJmedia’s Bryan Preston we are treated to some highlights of Paul Ryan getting the best of some of the “best and brightest” in the Obama cartel .
” The plagiarist Joe Biden doesn’t stand a chance.against Paul Ryan.
In a Congress full of peacocks and grifters, Rep. Paul Ryan is a patriot. We were told that Tim Geithner was the only man in America who could understand our fiscal crises,despite the fact that Geither failed to run Turbo Tax properly. Ryan overmatches Geithner in this
exchange, from February 2010.”
What the Hell do we pay them for ?
“To mark the 1,200th day since the Democratic-controlled Senate last adopted a proper budget, House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan of Wisconsin and Senate Budget Committee Ranking Member Jeff Sessions of Alabama issued a joint statement slamming Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid for his actions in preventing a budget from being adopted.”
From The Rio Norte Line which graciously provides a choice collection of videos featuring Paul Ryan . View them all for a look at a serious man who understands the issues facing this country .
” I’m pretty excited about Romney’s
choice. These are two serious men who understand what needs to be done to correct our downward trajectory.
Compare the moral conviction, the
strength and intellect, the competence of these two, their devotion to their religions, their devotion to their families, their connection to reality and their
honesty to the two on the other side.
Not much of a contest is it?”