Led by the Virginia-based “Operation Blessing International,” hundreds of volunteers rebuilt Bert and Jeanne Metz’s home.
The volunteers worked tirelessly to help the Queens couple get back on their feet.
As CBS 2′s Dana Tyler reported, the Metzes were led, eyes closed, to a giant blue tarp for the big reveal.
They burst into tears as their newly renovated home was revealed and much-needed cheers filled their Breezy Point neighborhood, Tyler reported.”
- Video: Sandy took away couple’s home, but volunteers resurrect it (usnews.nbcnews.com)
- Sandy Victims Surprised by ‘New’ Home (abcnews.go.com)
- Breezy Point Couple Overwhelmed As Volunteers Unveil New Home (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- Overwhelmed in Newtown|Tax assessor responsible for truckloads of gifts (rep-am.com)
- Hackers for Charity (boingboing.net)