” Sen. Chris Murphy wants NASCAR to pass on NRA’s race sponsorship.
In a letter sent Thursday to NASCAR CEO Brian France, Murphy, a Connecticut Democrat, asks the stock car racing association to drop the NRA’s sponsorship of an April race at the Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth. The race, in NASCAR’s top flight, will be the NRA 500.
“By giving the NRA sponsorship of a major NASCAR race, NASCAR has crossed a line – you have decided to put yourself in the middle of a political debate, and you have taken a side that stands in opposition to the wishes of so many Newtown families who support common sense gun reform,” Murphy wrote. “Whether or not this was your intention, your fans will infer from this sponsorship that NASCAR and the NRA are allies in the current legislative debate over gun violence. By announcing this new partnership at the very height of Congress’s deliberations over gun reform, NASCAR has inserted itself into a political debate that has nothing to with the business of NASCAR.” “
- Senator from Connecticut asks NASCAR to reject NRA’s sponsorship of April race at Texas Motor Speedway (trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com)
- Sen. Murphy (D-CT): NASCAR Siding Against Newtown Families by Accepting NRA Sponsorship (breitbart.com)
- Connecticut Nutbag Dem Urging NASCAR To Ditch NRA Sponsorship (patdollard.com)
- CT Senator Murphy Tries Dragging NASCAR Into Gun Control Fray (independentsentinel.com)
- NASCAR names new race NRA 500, Liberal whiner contracts Accute Offendeditis (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- NRA Convention: Glenn Beck? Again? Really? (thetruthaboutguns.com)