” President Obama is unveiling a $3.99 trillion budget that is “designed to bring middle class economics into the 21st Century,” the White House announced Monday.
The proposed budget “invests in helping working families make their paychecks go further, preparing hardworking Americans to earn higher wages, and creating the infrastructure that allows businesses to thrive and create good, high-paying jobs,” the White House said in a statement.
To pay for new tax credits and other programs involving education, child care, paid leave, and new road and bridge construction, the budget calls for tax hikes on wealthier Americans by closing certain loopholes.
Congressional Republicans said the president’s proposals — many of which leaked out in advance of Monday’s announcement — involve too many tax hikes and high-spending programs.”
Here are just a few of the goodies to be redistributed by the State under “Uncle” Barack’s proposed budget :
” Among the economic plans in the proposed budget:
• A child care tax credit of up to $3,000 per child.
• $750 million for a Department of Education preschool development program, an increase of $500 million.
• More than $3 billion for science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education.
• A $500 tax credit for “second earners” in working families.
• A program encouraging paid leave programs for employees.
• Two years of community college tuition for qualified students, a program that would cost $60 billion over 10 years.
• $1 billion for a “long-term, comprehensive strategy” to develop a Central America “that is fully democratic (and) provides greater economic opportunities.”
Note that a great deal of this spending is earmarked under the guise of “investment” in education which is just another means of rewarding one of his strongest constituencies , the teacher’s unions .