Tag Archive: DHS
” It was Michael Barone who first wrote that Barack Obama was a practitioner of “gangster government.” Barone was right. The plethora of scandals now engulfing the administration, combined with all sort of prior scandals that a lapdog media largely ignored, show that this regime is thuggish beyond repair.
As they say in the game of bridge, “let’s review the bidding.”
* One of the most outrageous early examples of the vilest sort of hardball came in the case that we at The Washington Times(when I was there) called “Walpin-Gate.” When Gerald Walpin, the well-respected Inspector General for the Corporation for National and Community Service, dared to point an unwanted focus on a close personal ally of the Obamas, not only did the White House fire himwithout the necessary notice to Congress but also smeared Mr. Walpin with the clear insinuation that he was becoming senile.
The message was clear: “Mess with us and we’ll mess with you in a way you ain’t never been messed before – and it’s gonna hurt.”
* Obama himself had two well-publicized, airport-tarmac run-ins with Republicans governors. “Careful,” he warned Louisiana’s Bobby Jindal when visiting the Bayou State after the oil spill. “This is going to get bad for everyone.” He also publicly berated Supreme Court justices during his State of the Union speech.
* Again and again, top Obama officials in federal agencies issue threats – sometimes veiled, sometimes explicit – to private citizens and businesses to not even say anything displeasing to Obamites. Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius does it. The EPA has tried it repeatedly. The Obamites do it to the oil companies and to so many others that columnist David Freddoso has written a whole book about it.”
” Homeland Security recently staged a training exercise at a Seattle fairgrounds where disturbed individuals went on a shooting rampage. For some reason the agency felt the need to specify who that the shooters were, and made them the most feared terrorists of all: homeschooling parents.
When the state of public education in America is so appalling that a student feels the need to request that his teacher actually do her job, and then so many people empathize that the video of him doing so goes viral, homeschooling parents should be some of the most sympathetic people around.”
- Homeland Security Funded Exercise Portrayed Homeschoolers As Terrorists (ultimatefulfillment.org)
- Homeland Security Funded Exercise Portrayed Homeschoolers as Terrorists… (redflagnews.com)
- Homeland Security Funded Exercise Portrayed Homeschoolers as Terrorists (conservativeread.com)
- Homeland Security Funded Exercise Portrayed Homeschoolers as Terrorists (endtimebibleprophecy.wordpress.com)
- Homeland Security Funded Exercise Portrayed Homeschoolers as Terrorists (vineoflife.net)
- Homeland Security Funded Exercise Portrayed Homeschoolers as Terrorists (lunaticoutpost.com)
” Missouri Governor Jay Nixon repeatedly denied knowing anything about Missouri illegally sharing its citizens private CCW information with the federal government, even after his own head of Missouri Highway Patrol contradicted him in a public hearing. Now we’ve learned that Nixon not only knew about the violation of Missouri law, but he was thanked in a letter by Janet Napolitano:
Missouri law — signed into effect by Gov. Nixon himself — prohibits full compliance with the Real ID Act. This includes sharing Missouri’s conceal carry list, which officials under Nixon did, with his full knowledge, according to this letter.
Missouri’s governor lied to his constituency when he said that no documents were being shared — Nixon even claimed that the lawsuit was dismissed, which it was not:
“First of all, the Department of Revenue has been very clear,” Nixon said. “There are no documents being sent to some federal government magic database somewhere to do something.” “
” Saudi national Abdul Rahman Ali al-Harbi, who was briefly held as a “person of interest” in the Boston bombings and then downgraded in less than 24 hours to a witness, visited the White House on numerous occasions since 2009, The Rightscoop reports today.
The startling allegation follows an earlier report indicating that al-Harbi was visited in the hospital by First Lady Michelle Obama after he allegedly sustained injuries from one of the explosives placed at the Boston Marathon.
Blogosphere sleuths subsequently put their hands on a photo definitively placing Obama at the hospital.
The Department of Homeland Security confessed today that al-Harbi was on a terror watch list, although DHS boss Napolitano attempted to minimize this revelation by stating that he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.”
- Suspected Saudi Terrorist Abdul Rahman Ali Alharbi Visited White House Numerous Times (conservativeread.com)
- Abdul Rahman Ali Al-Harbi, Bombing ‘Person Of Interest’ Has 6 Saudi ‘Terrorists’ In Family,5 More Are In Gitmo (iamnotashamedofthegospelofchrist.com)
- “Innocent” Saudi has ties to several Al-Qaeda Terrorists (counterjihadreport.com)
- Follow-UP: Abdul Rahman Ali Al Harbi – The Mysterious Saudi National Foreign Exchange Student – Visa For Study In Ohio, But Lived In Boston Apartment…. (theconservativetreehouse.com)
- 17 QUESTIONS THE MEDIA WON’T ASK That MUST BE ANSWERED (secretsofthefed.com)
- Avoid The Shiney Things – Watch The Other Hand: After Kerry and Obama Meet with Saudi’s A Saudi National (From Boston) is Being Deported Back To The Saudi Kingdom… (theconservativetreehouse.com)
- Following The Saudi Angle – Abdul Rahman Ali Alharbi Terrorist Ties and Obama Administration Avoidance (theconservativetreehouse.com)
” A court challenge by federal immigration agents seeking to block President Barack Obama’s deferred-deportation initiative will probably succeed, a judge said.
Announced by Obama and Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano last year, the directive gives agents the ability to defer action on people unlawfully in the U.S. if they came to the country under the age of 16, are in school or have obtained a high school diploma, haven’t been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor or multiple misdemeanors, and aren’t a threat to public safety or national security.
“The court finds that DHS does not have discretion to refuse to initiate removal proceedings” when the requirements for deportation under a federal statute are met, O’Connor said today in a 38-page decision, referring to the Department of Homeland Security.”
” One has to wonder which planet Janet Napolitano lives on. The Homeland Security Secretary told a Senate Committee yesterday that the proposed immigration legislation would have better tracked Boston bomber suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev. Really?The issue that has become a concern for lawmakers is the fact that the Russian Federal Security Service (FSB) informed the FBI that Tamerlan Tsarnaev was a follower of radical Islam and a strong believer. The domestic intelligence security agency said that Tamerlan was preparing to leave the US and travel to Russia to join unspecified underground groups. The FBI investigated and found no known links. Tsarnaev did indeed return to Russia, but slipped below the radar of the FBI.
Napolitano initially told the Senate Judiciary Committee that Tamerlan Tsarnaev escaped the notice of federal authorities on a six-month trip to Russia last year because his name was misspelled on his airline ticket. Does that mean it was misspelled on his passport as well?”—
” Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano told a U.S. Senate panel Tuesday her department knew of one Boston bombing suspect’s trip to Russia.
However, the FBI did not know of Tamerlan Tsarnaev’s trip to a region of Russia dominated by Islamist violence, The Hill reported, because an airline misspelled his name on a flight manifesto given to the U.S. government.
“Yes, the system pinged when he was leaving the United States. By the time he returned, all investigations — the matter had been closed,” Napolitano said.”
” A Republican senator said Friday the bombings in Boston raise questions about gaps in the U.S. immigration system, but a Democratic senator rejected such a connection and cautioned against conflating the Boston events with a new immigration bill.
The exchange between Sens. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, and Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., unfolded as the Senate Judiciary Committee convened the first hearing on sweeping, bipartisan legislation to remake the U.S. immigration system. The hearing was overshadowed by the drama in Boston, where police were hunting one of two ethnic Chechen brothers alleged to have carried out the bombings and the other was killed.
Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano had been scheduled to testify, but her appearance was canceled.
“Given the events of this week, it’s important for us to understand the gaps and loopholes in our immigration system,” Grassley, the committee’s senior Republican, said in his opening statement. “How can we beef up security checks on people who wish to enter the United States? How do we ensure that people who wish to do us harm are not eligible for benefits under the immigration laws, including this new bill?” “
Photo/William FarringtonMohammed Badawood, 20, is the roommate of the Saudi national being questioned by the FBI.
” A roommate of the man questioned in connection to yesterday’s Boston Marathon bombing described the Saudi national as “a good boy,” incapable of such a monstrous attack.
Investigators early last night converged on a fifth-floor apartment where the person of interest lives with two roommates.
Mohammed Badawood, 20, described the man as “quiet and clean” and said he last saw him two days ago. Badawood told The Post he moved into the apartment about five months ago.
“He’s a good boy,” Badawood said of his roommate today. “I think he couldn’t do that.”
Officials showed up at the Revere apartment at about 5:30 p.m. yesterday in unmarked vehicles, a resident of the building said.
About an hour later, more vehicles, carrying agents of the FBI, Homeland Security and ATF also descended on the site, along with firefighters and a bomb squad.
Badawood said officials were searching his apartment when he arrived home last night at around 7.”
- Roommate: Cops searched home of Saudi student injured by shrapnel (bostonherald.com)
- “A Quiet and Clean” Boy (atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com)
- Update on Saudi suspect in Boston marathon bombing (iamnotashamedofthegospelofchrist.com)
- Three dead and 176 wounded in attack (theage.com.au)
- FBI Asks for Spectator Video of Boston Marathon Bomb Scene (bloomberg.com)
- News & World Events – FBI grills Saudi man in Boston bombings (disclose.tv)
- Authorities ID suspect as Saudi national in marathon bombings, under guard at Boston hospital (ncrenegade.com)
” BURLINGTON, KENTUCKY — A new military readiness center has popped up rather abruptly according to DAHBOO77 a Youtuber citizen reporter.
According to the report the activity is highly unusual for the area and the facility is constructed on airport property.
In fact, military equipment is even being stored there. Tons of it.”
” The “Gang of Eight” senators will release their immigration bill on Tuesday, just one day before the only scheduled hearing, according to news reports, bolstering GOP charges that advocates are planning to rush the controversial bill through the Senate before the public knows what is in it.
The bill is to be released April 16, according to a Friday report by The Associated Press.
The next day, before other senators have time to understand what is in the complex bill, Vermont Democratic Sen. Pat Leahy is slated to hold an April 17 hearing with one witness, Homeland Security chief Janet Napolitano.”
- Better get the Vaseline America (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- 1,500 Page Immigration Bill to Drop One Day Before Only Hearing? (conservativeread.com)
- Once Upon a Time, the Senate Was the ‘World’s Greatest Deliberative Body’ (pjmedia.com)
- Immigration bill to be released day before hearing – Neil Munro (stopamnesty.me)
- Less Than 24 Hours to Respond to 1500 Page Immigration Bill (independentsentinel.com)
- ‘Gang of Eight’ To Drop 1,500 Page Immigration Bill 1 Day Before Only Hearing? (patdollard.com)
” It looks like the requirement that the Border Patrol catch 90% of illegal crossers… has turned out to be evanescent…
Of course, the 90% “trigger” was never a barrier to legalization–illegal immigrants will get that more or less immediately under the Gang bill, or maybe as soon as Department of Homeland Security comes up with a border “plan.” The supposed “trigger” would only be hurdle if these amnestied legalized immigrants subsequently sought “green card” status, which would in turn open the possibility of citizenship. But it turns out even this half-fake lock-the-barn-door trigger doesn’t really trigger anything. If the DHS doesn’t meet the 90% goal, what happens? According to the NYT:
” If, after five years, border officials have not reached the surveillance and enforcement goals, the bill establishes a border commission to advise the Department of Homeland Security on how to reach its goals, with additional financing of up to $2 billion.”
That’s right. An honest to goodness commission with chairs and desks and water glasses and everything. Mickey Kaus was predicting all along that the only real border security measure would be a commission and he was proven right.”
Illustration by Gary Varvel
” The Missouri State Highway Patrol has twice turned over the entire list of Missouri concealed weapon permit holders to federal authorities, most recently in January, Sen. Kurt Schaefer said Wednesday.
Questioning in the Senate Appropriations Committee revealed that on two occasions, in November 2011 and again in January, the patrol asked for and received the full list from the state Division of Motor Vehicle and Driver Licensing. Schaefer later met in his office with Col. Ron Replogle, superintendent of the patrol.
The investigation was triggered by fears that concealed weapons data was being shared with federal authorities.
Under Missouri law, the names of concealed weapon permit holders are confidential. The only place in Missouri where the names of all concealed carry permit holders is stored is among driver license records. Permit holders have a special mark on their licenses indicating they have been granted the privilege of carrying a gun.
The list was given to the Social Security Administration Office of Inspector General, Schaefer said he was told.
“When they turn over the entire list of concealed carry holders in the state of Missouri to the federal government, where is it going?” he said. “I want to know who all was involved in this transaction because if this is just some phone call saying give me the list of all concealed carry holders, how did the person at the patrol who fulfilled that request know who was at the other end of the phone? How did they know where to send it? How did they know what it was being used for?”
The fact that the list had been copied two times was revealed when Sen. Rob Schaaf, R-St. Joseph, followed up on testimony that it was possible, through a batch request, to extract the list. Revenue Deputy Director John Mollenkamp said it had been done twice, for the highway patrol.
Mollenkamp said he wasn’t sure what the patrol did with it while it was in that agency’s possession.”
- Missouri flap on driver’s license privacy heats up (kansascity.com)
- Missouri Dept. of Revenue Collecting Citizen Data and Sending it to DHS (a4cgr.wordpress.com)
- Law Firm: New York Matching Up Private Health Records With Firearms Permits to Confiscate Guns (directorblue.blogspot.com)
- BREAKING: Missouri Broke Own State Law, Shared Detailed Conceal Carry Records With Feds (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Mo. officials defend licensing policy to senators (sfgate.com)
- Audit, Public Hearings Planned on Missouri License Controversy (stlouis.cbslocal.com)
In light of news reports that Guantanamo Bay may be closed with its occupants slated to be brought inside the borders of the USA, it is important to understand the POTENTIAL Definition of TERRORIST. We now have official acceptance of a "Presidential Kill List" and indefinite DETENTION of terrorists "accepted" by OUR federal Government. The ALLOWANCE of the suspension of habeus corpus WITHIN the borders of the USA during a time when…
Do you hate paying taxes? Are you fighting foreclosure? Do you feel like no one should be allowed to commit violence against you and don't always blindly follow the commands of the authorities? Do you film encounters with police or believe gold makes better currency than Federal Reserve Notes? Well you might be part of a domestic terrorism movement and not even know it.
Civil War And The Litmus Test – “Will You Shoot Americans?”
” Dr. Jim Garrow is a renowned author and whistleblower who has been nominated for a Nobel peace prize for his humanitarian work. He is the author of The Pink Pagoda: One Man’s Quest to End Gendercide in China.
He has spent over $25 million over the past sixteen years rescuing an estimated 40,000 baby Chinese girls from near-certain death under China’s one-child-per-couple policy by facilitating international adoptions. He is the founder and executive director of the Bethune Institute’s Pink Pagoda schools, private English-immersion schools for Chinese children. Today he runs 168 schools with nearly 6,300 employees.
Dr Garrow was recently contacted by a high ranking military official who implored him to reveal the truth about a “litmus test” that is being proposed by the Obama administration to the military asking the question “will you shoot Americans if they won’t give you their guns?”
For more info on the work of Dr.Jim Garrow visit:
- Dr. Jim Garrow Claims Obama Asked Military Leaders If They Will “Fire On US Citizens” (vineoflife.net)
- Re: Civil War And The Litmus Test – “Will you shoot Americans?” (libertycaucus.net)
- Civil War II: The Patriots vs. the Globalists (poorrichards-blog.blogspot.com)
DHS Components Total Round Purchased In FY2010-2012 Total Inventory CBP 141,624,536 94,404,329 FLETC 61,131,009 18,797,942 FPS/NPPD 11,692,000 2,500,000 ICE 66,494,000 42,300,000 TSA 37,800,000 29,909,514 USCG 28,853,241 70,258,197 USSS 13,956,460 5,563,380 Total DHS 361,551,246 263,733,362
” I provided you a response from the Department of Homeland Security on Saturday concerning the large number of rounds of ammunition that they are soliciting for. I continue to leave it up to the reader to determine if they think DHS’ response is truthful or not. However, their response came just two days after they solicited for 360,000 more .40 caliber hollow point bullets. DHS told us these are for training purposes and, in fact, these are being sent to the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Artesia, New Mexico, which is the same location that 240,000 hollow points were sent to last month. However, I want to provide you with more details that DHS has put in print and ask some questions.
The current solicitation can be found on the Federal Business Opportunities website and you will notice that the “Bid MUST be good for 30 calendar days after close of Buy.” So this purchase is not one of those “over five years” kinds of purchase.
Several congressmen have pushed DHS on these purchases, which resulted in the response from DHS, including fifteen that banded together to get answers. Some of which were not addressed. “
- DHS to Buy 360,000 More Rounds of Hollow Point Ammunition (leaksource.wordpress.com)
- Is DHS Short Of Ammo Or Are They Sending it To The Cartels To Go With The Fast & Furious Weapons ? (youviewed.com)
- DHS Buys Another 360,000 More Rounds of Hollow Point Ammunition (thegatewaypundit.com)
- DHS Under Fire for Buying Another 360,000 Bullets ‘to save money’ (tarpon.wordpress.com)
- HOMEFRONT: DHS To Buy 360,000 More Rounds Of Hollow Point Ammunition (patdollard.com)
” As reported elsewhere, some of this purchase order is for hollow-point rounds, forbidden by international law for use in war, along with a frightening amount specialized for snipers. Also reported elsewhere, at the height of the Iraq War the Army was expending less than 6 million rounds a month. Therefore 1.6 billion rounds would be enough to sustain a hot war for 20+ years. In America.
Add to this perplexing outré purchase of ammo, DHS now is showing off its acquisition of heavily armored personnel carriers, repatriated from the Iraqi and Afghani theaters of operation. As observed by “paramilblogger” Ken Jorgustin last September:
” [T]he Department of Homeland Security is apparently taking delivery (apparently through the Marine Corps Systems Command, Quantico VA, via the manufacturer – Navistar Defense LLC) of an undetermined number of the recently retrofitted 2,717 ‘Mine Resistant Protected’ MaxxPro MRAP vehicles for service on the streets of the United States.”
These MRAP’s ARE BEING SEEN ON U.S. STREETS all across America by verified observers with photos, videos, and descriptions.”
Regardless of the exact number of MRAP’s being delivered to DHS (and evidently some to POLICE via DHS, as has been observed), why would they need such over-the-top vehicles on U.S. streets to withstand IEDs, mine blasts, and 50 caliber hits to bullet-proof glass? In a war zone… yes, definitely. Let’s protect our men and women. On the streets of America… ?”
“They all have gun ports… Gun Ports? In the theater of war, yes. On the streets of America…?
Seriously, why would DHS need such a vehicle on our streets?” “
- Obama’s DHS To Acquire YET ANOTHER 1.6 Billion Rounds Of Ammo (patdollard.com)
- DHS is “stockpiling enough ammo for a 20-year war in the homeland.” (economicpolicyjournal.com)
- Forbes: 1.6 Billion Rounds Of Ammo For Homeland Security? It’s Time For A National Conversation (webabuser.blogspot.com)
- DHS Ammo Buildup: Members of Congress Begin to Question Large Scale Homeland Security Ammo Purchases (sgtreport.com)
- Case Not Closed: Questions Remain on DHS Ammo Purchases (Video) (nicedeb.wordpress.com)
- Congressman: Why Does Obama Need 1.6 Billion Bullets? (dailybail.com)
- 15 Members of Congress Demand Investigation of DHS’ Ammo Horde (leaksource.wordpress.com)
- Mainstream Media Asks, Why Is DHS Stockpiling Ammo, Weapons And Armored Assault Vehicles? (dominicspoweryoga.com)
- DHS Arming for War with Americans! (socioecohistory.wordpress.com)
DHS: Obama’s “Civilian Defense Force” – just as strong, just as well trained, and as well armed as the military, but answers only to the President:
Why? Why does this nation need anything more than the U.S. Military to protect it?