” The total number of people in the United States now receiving federal disability benefits hit a record 10,962,532 million in April, which exceeds the 10,815,197 people who live in the nation of Greece.
According to newly released data from the Social Security Administration, the record 10,962,532 total disability beneficiaries in April, included a record 8,865,586 disabled workers (up from 8,853,614 in March), 1,936,236 children of disabled workers, and 160,710 spouses of disabled workers.
April was the 195th straight month that the number of American workers collecting federal disability payments increased. The last time the number of Americans collecting disability decreased was in January 1997. That month the number of workers taking disability dropped by 249 people—from 4,385,623 in December 1996 to 4,385,374 in January 1997.”
Tag Archive: Disability
” Is it her employer’s fault that she’s a moron? No – it’s not. And perhaps she’s super awesome at taking care of disabled people. Perhaps firing her isn’t appropriate. I don’t know. I just know that she deserves every ounce of public humiliation and ridicule that is coming her way. Especially since she is still excusing her own behavior.
OBVIOUSLY you meant no disrespect, Lindsey? OBVIOUSLY? No. ”
- If you ever wondered if Wasserman Schultz is truly a moron, it’s now been confirmed (riehlworldview.com)
- David Weigel debunks a video that has never been bunked in the first place. (althouse.blogspot.com)
- Top 10 Ways to Deal with the Internet’s Biggest Morons (lifehacker.com)
“1980, presidential hopeful Ronald Reagan said, “are you better off than you were four years ago? Is it easier for you to go and buy things in the stores than it was four years ago? Is there more or less unemployment in the country
than there was four years ago? Is America as respected throughout the world as it was? Do you feel that our security is as safe, that we’re as strong as we were four years ago?”
Washington Post points out a few stats:
1. Median household income fell 4.8%, to $50,964 from June 2009 to June 2012.
2. Incomes have dropped more since the start of the recovery than they did during the recession itself. (Recession was from December 2007 to June 2009.) ”
Read the rest .
Doug Ross has a very interesting post on the dramatic climb in both people filing for disability ..
And those claiming food stamps ..
that will give the freedom lover much pause … Check it out .