Tag Archive: Dubai
Yes or no – would you sleep beneath the sea in an underwater hotel?
” What could be more inviting than indulging oneself underwater – drinking fine wine, enjoying haute cuisine or simply relaxing in the lap of luxury – while fish swim past and air bubbles float serenely to the surface? Short of restaurants, bars and hotels ensconced on the surface of the moon, entertainment spaces don’t come much more breathtaking. The magic of architectural brilliance and design ingenuity are certainly on the menu for anyone lucky enough to patronize one of these places. Here are seven spaces where vistas of submarine environments open up before the eyes of visitors in the ocean’s depths.”
US Sailor Thwarts Dubai Bus Driver Rapist After Putting Him In Strangehold With Her Thighs And Then Beating Him Into Submission
” An off-duty US navy sailor wrestled a bus driver to the ground and beat him into submission after he attempted to rape her at knife point, a court heard yesterday.
Prosecutors said that she knocked the knife from his hand, broke it in two, bit him in the hand, forced him to the ground and locked him between her thighs.
The woman, 28, was on 24-hour shore leave in Dubai and was attacked as she returned to the port where she was based after a day shopping.”
“ Islamabad - In a scene that could be part of an action movie, ex-president Pervez Musharraf of Pakistan stormed out of the court and into his bullet-proof car, fleeing before security forces were able to seize and arrest him.Musharraf had returned to his homeland after living in exile for five years, both in Dubai and London. He hoped to be allowed to stand for election; yet it turned out to be a bid that failed.
Last week, he was charged over his decision to dismiss the country’s judges as he imposed emergency rule in 2007. However, he was granted a temporary bail lasting one week, Today, his luck turned for the worse when the Islamabad High Court refused extending the bail and ordered his immediate arrest instead.”
- Arrest warrant issued for Musharraf (bbc.co.uk)
- Former Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf flees court after bail is cancelled (ndtv.com)
- Musharraf’s arrest can jeopardize May elections, analysts fear (nation.com.pk)
- Musharraf flees from court premises after arrest order (worldallaround.wordpress.com)
- Musharraf Flees a Court – and Puts Pakistan’s Generals in a Quandary (world.time.com)
- Musharraf’s bail application rejected (cnn.com)
- Pakistan Court Orders Musharraf’s Arrest (voanews.com)
” Bureaucrats from around the world will gather behind closed doors in Dubai next week to plot an end to the Internet as we know it — or so Washington would have you believe.
Hill lawmakers warn that the 120-plus U.S. delegation needs to fend off efforts by China, Russia and developing nations to use a United Nations branch organization to censor or tax the Net. Google is orchestrating an online petition drive, and even Grover Norquist is involved. “
Does Anyone Believe That Freedom Will Be Advanced By The Likes Of Russia , China Or The Muslim World ?
Of Course We Here At Youviewed Never Believed That Obama Could Persuade A Majority Of The Voters That He Was Best For Our Country Either .
” In a consensus-driven process, member states of the International Telecommunications Union, a branch of the U.N., will negotiate a new treaty on international telecommunication regulations. It’s only one vote per country, and, by definition, that will weed out extreme proposals, experts say.
At the end of the day, the U.S. doesn’t have to sign the treaty — it’s all voluntary.
So why all the hysteria about the Dubai confab?
“The concern over WCIT was never that it would be the killing blow but rather the latest, and by no means the last, effort by repressive governments to kill the Internet any way they can,” said Larry Downes, a tech consultant and one of the preeminent rabble-rousers of doom surrounding the treaty negotiations. “
- Would you trust Vladimir Putin with the keys to the web? (guardian.co.uk)
- U.s. Leaders Warn of Global Plot Against Internet… (politico.com)
- EU Says Telecoms Treaty Should Not Expand Web Regulation – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- Cassidy: Google’s Vint Cerf worries about WCIT and the Internet he helped create (mercurynews.com)
- U.N. WCIT-12 makes Syrian Internet blackout ‘trivial’ everywhere (zdnet.com)
- U.N. readies for protests on eve of secret Internet regulation treaty (zdnet.com)
- Europe Joins Free Internet Chorus (technewsworld.com)
- Dubai Internet Confab a Threat? Or Harmless Bureaucratic Maneuvering? (pjmedia.com)
- Grover Norquist Interview too Hot for Regular TV! (fiscalcleft.com)