” Savings accounts in Spain, Italy and other European countries will be raided if needed to preserve Europe’s single currency by propping up failing banks, a senior eurozone official has announced.
The new policy will alarm hundreds of thousands of British expatriates who live and have transferred their savings, proceeds from house sales and other assets to eurozone bank accounts in countries such as France, Spain and Italy.
The euro fell on global markets after Jeroen Dijsselbloem, the Dutch chairman of the eurozone, announced that the heavy losses inflicted on depositors in Cyprus would be the template for future banking crises across Europe.”
- Eurozone Chief: Savings Accounts Will Be Raided to Save Euro in Future Crisis (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Spain, Italy and other European nations to be raided to save Euro (real-agenda.com)
- Could Spain and Italy be next? Fears that Cyprus-style raid on saving accounts will be used to bail out struggling economies (dailymail.co.uk)
- British Expats in Cyprus Face Eurozone Raids on Their Savings (financialsurvivalnetwork.com)
- Strife savings (thesun.co.uk)
- Euro Group Head: Looting of Bank Accounts a “Template For EU”! (socioecohistory.wordpress.com)
- Could Spain and Italy be next? Fears that Cyprus-style raid on saving accounts will be used to bail out struggling economies (thisismoney.co.uk)