” The Supreme Court rarely takes up Second Amendment cases, so when it does, gun owners know their rights are in the cross hairs.
The Abramski ruling will be key to determining how far President Obama can push his gun-control agenda. Mr. Obama wants to expand background checks to include private transactions so that the government would know exactly who has a gun. That is not what the Founding Fathers intended.
On Wednesday, the high court heard oral arguments in Bruce J. Abramski v. United States. The justices will decide whether to overturn an appeals court decision that said Mr. Abramski broke federal straw purchasing laws when he bought a gun with the intent to resell it to his elderly uncle, even though neither man is prohibited from ownership.
The court will have to reconcile conflicting rulings in lower appeals courts on whether a gun purchaser’s intent to ever transfer a gun in the future to a legal person is relevant in the background check at the time of purchase.
Mr. Abramski, a former police officer, bought the firearm in his home state of Virginia in 2009 because he could get a good price as former law enforcement.”
Tag Archive: Founding Fathers
Here are a few samples
” 1) The Founding Fathers were generally religious, gun-toting small government fanatics who were so far to the Right that they’d make Ann Coulter look like Jimmy Carter.
3) Conservatives are much more compassionate than liberals and all you have to do to prove it is look at all the studies showing that conservatives give more of their money to charity than liberals do.
4) When the Founding Fathers were actually around, there were official state religions and the Bible was used as a textbook in schools. The so-called “wall of separation between church and state” has absolutely nothing to do with the Constitution and everything to do with liberal hostility to Christianity.”
Read the rest at RightWingNews
See also John’s post about … 20 Ways America Has Begun to Reap What It Has Sown
” My latest Townhall column is called, 13 Things About America That Would Make The Founding Fathers Turn Over In Their Graves. Here’s an excerpt from the column.
We’re a nation that was founded by principled revolutionaries who took on the super power of their day over almost insignificant taxes they felt Britain had no right to levy. These men were small government fanatics who felt very comfortable with God, guns, and taking care of themselves. The principles those men put in place and the standards they set were what helped turn America into the most successful nation that has ever existed on God’s green earth.
In a time when our nation is engaged in unsustainable economic policies that seem likely to put an end to America’s run as a great nation, perhaps it’s time to consider whether our real problem is that we’ve veered so far from the most successful blueprint for a country ever devised that the Founding Fathers would turn over in their graves if they found out about….
1) Not just 15% of Americans being on food stamps, but the existence of a food stamp program.
2) Forcing Americans to buy health insurance via Obamacare as a condition of American citizenship.
3) Members of Congress voting on bills that they haven’t read.”
” Contrary to the complaints one hears from Rand Paul and other libertarians, the revolution has not occurred in foreign affairs and national security. Instead, Obama has dramatically changed the presidency by claiming the right to refuse enforcement of laws with which he disagrees. This newest development only compounds Obama’s injury to the Constitution by refusing to enforce the immigration and welfare reform laws.
Under Article II, Section 3 of the Constitution, the president has the duty to “take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed.” The framers included this provision to make sure that the president could not simply cancel legislation he didn’t like, as had the British king. Since the days of Machiavelli, through Hobbes, Locke, and Montesquieu to the Framers, executing the laws (along with protecting national security) has formed the very core of the executive power. As Alexander Hamilton explained in Federalist 75: “The execution of the laws and the employment of the common strength, either for this purpose or for the common defense, seem to comprise all the functions of the executive magistrate.”
Under this understanding of presidential power, President Obama may not refuse to carry out an act of Congress simply because of disagreement. The Framers gave the president only two tools to limit unwise laws.”
Read it all to see just how blatantly unconstitutional have been many of the current president’s actions . A Constitutional scholar Obama is not , all reports to the contrary not withstanding .
” What is it about July 4th that brings out the worst in Liberals? For a party that says they are “progressive” and future looking, they sure seem to focus on all the bad that has occurred, and whine and whine and whine. The Washington Post features not one, not two, but three negative pieces (in fairness, they have a few positive pieces, but why bother with the negative on this day?). First, here’s the Editorial Board whining about the Declaration of Independence.”
“ Revolutionary times are turbulent. They are agitated by the common feeling that the balance has been lost and a tipping point has arrived. Even as we feel the sickening lurches of a nation that appears to be slipping toward the cliff, we should not despair. A revolutionary society moves easily because it is unmoored and can be turned around in the right direction. And when that happens, history changes.
The birth of the United States was not inevitable. It happened against incredible odds and a torrent of difficulties. Now it is caught between decline and rebirth. Which of these it will be, we will learn when enough men and women push one way or another until the next tipping point is reached.
Living in revolutionary times, we cannot idly celebrate a revolution of the past without also committing ourselves to changing the present. Independence is not a gift that was won once and never needs to be thought about again.“
KrisAnne Hall – The “Genealogy” of the Constitution
” KrisAnne Hall is an attorney and former prosecutor who was fired for teaching the Constitution to TEA Party groups. KrissAnn decided she would not sacrifice liberty for a paycheck! She is a disabled veteran of the US Army, a Russian linguist, a mother, a pastor’s wife and a patriot. She now travels the country and teaches the Constitution and the history that gave us our founding documents.
KrisAnne Hall does not just teach the Constitution, she lays the foundations that show how reliable and relevant our founding documents are today.
She presents the “genealogy” of the Constitution — the 700 year history and five foundational documents that are the very roots of American Liberty.”
Founding Fathers Battle Gun Grabbers From the Grave
“I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials.”
— George Mason, in Debates in Virginia Convention on Ratification of the Constitution, Elliot, Vol. 3, June 16, 1788
“Whereas civil-rulers, not having their duty to the people duly before them, may attempt to tyrannize, and as military forces, which must be occasionally raised to defend our country, might pervert their power to the injury of their fellow citizens, the people are confirmed by the article in their right to keep and bear their private arms.”
– Tench Coxe, in Remarks on the First Part of the Amendments to the Federal Constitution
Check It Out And Bookmark It For Future Reference
- Repeal of the 2nd Amendment would not Abolish any Right (tenthamendmentcenter.com)
- The Strangest Conservative Priority: Prepping a ’2nd Amendment Solution’ (theatlantic.com)
- Peter Beinart openly declares that it doesn’t matter what the Framers of the U.S. Constitution thought about the Second Amendment (fauxcapitalist.com)
- Reframing the Gun Control Debate (principlesandpolicy.wordpress.com)
” The attached article seeks to provide cover for those who would happily do away with the rule of law in this country. That the idea that trashing the Constitution, probably the greatest document of human liberation there has ever been, is given prime ink in the Times is no joke. We should be paying very close attention.
(From The New York Times)
AS the nation teeters at the edge of fiscal chaos, observers are reaching the conclusion that the American system of government is broken. But almost no one blames the culprit: our insistence on obedience to the Constitution, with all its archaic, idiosyncratic and downright evil provisions.
Consider, for example, the assertion by the Senate minority leader last week that the House could not take up a plan by Senate Democrats to extend tax cuts on households making $250,000 or less because the Constitution requires that revenue measures originate in the lower chamber. Why should anyone care?
We should care because the Constitution was written to make things difficult to get done. That’s the point. It seeks to restrict government fundamentally and that is why people like professor Seidman are for throwing it into the dustbin of history. They want the shackles (such as they remain at all) off. They want the state to be able to do whatever the state wants to do, whenever it wants to do it. “
- Seidman: “Let’s Give Up on [Parts of] the Constitution” (volokh.com)
- Professor scrap downright evil Constitution (educationviews.org)
- A Liberal Comes Clean: We Hate the Constitution (powerlineblog.com)
- Extra-constitutional power is what they’ve always wanted (legalinsurrection.com)
- New York Times Op/Ed Decries Constitution (nationalreview.com)
- Let’s Give Up on the Constitution (realclearpolitics.com)
- Constitutional law professor wants to abandon the Constitution (lunaticoutpost.com)
- The Muddled Thinking of a New York Times Intellectual (tenthamendmentcenter.com)
- Our flawed constitution (arunwithaview.wordpress.com)
- NY Times Opinion Writer: ‘Give Up’ On The ‘Archaic, Idiosyncratic’ And ‘Evil’ Constitution (mediaite.com)
” James Madison, in his letter of October 24,
1787 to Thomas Jefferson voiced concerns:
“a majority… united by a common interest
or a passion cannot be constrained from
oppressing the minority.” His words have
now been proven justified.
In writing the Declaration of Independence,
Jefferson, guided by Thomas Paine’s
‘Common Sense’, laid out the grievances
against the king, many of which have now
been foisted upon us by our current rulers.
President Obama, with new found
empowerment from his recent victory, now
has the flexibility he sought, without the
constraints of seeking reelection. The result
will be a more all encompassing
government ruled by those who favor state
” Founding Father Family Trees and Bios
WikiTree is my new collaborative history project. Participants have started pages for Green Mountain Boy Ethan Allen, giant Virginian Peter Francisco, philosopher-entrepreneur Benjamin Franklin, bold Declaration-signer John Hancock, Federalist John Jay, President Thomas Jefferson, financial wizard Haym Salomon, General Henry Knox, President James Madison, rabble-rouser Thomas Paine, flag seamstress Betsy Ross, and cousin-of-George Lieutenant Colonel William Washington. There are also interesting pages for Founder of the Daughters of the American Revolution founder Flora Adams Darling and anthem-writer Francis Scott Key. Please check out WikiTree. You might be able to contribute something about one of the founding fathers, or you might want to start your own family history.
- James Madison – The Father of the Constitution (1751 – 1836) – Customer reviews (jjcollinsauthor.com)
- A Founding Father’s Favorite Food (history.com)
- Thomas Jefferson’s Crème Brûlée (themodernmanuscript.wordpress.com)
” Any attempt by the anti-gun elite to hide their agenda has officially gone by the wayside. Recent electoral history had taught the gun control crowd to camouflage their intentions during the campaign season, and then wait for an opportune time to act. That tactic now appears to have run its course.
With Obama winning a second term as president, the anti-gunners know they don’t have to face voters at least until mid-term elections, so they seem to be wasting no time in pressing what they see as an advantage, and are starting to once again come after our guns in earnest (please see U.N. Story above).
Last week, anti-gun Senator Dianne Feinstein‘s (D-Calif.) staff met with the legal staff of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives to discuss a new and very comprehensive “assault weapons” ban. “
- Details of Dianne Feinstein’s Upcoming Assault Weapons Ban Proposal Begin Leaking (thetruthaboutguns.com)
- Senator Dianne Feinstein Moves To Ban ALL Assault Rifles, High Capacity Magazines, and Pistol Grips (marketdailynews.com)
- Gun Confiscation Next on Obama List? Feinstein Moves To Ban ALL Assault Rifles, High Capacity Magazines (silverdoctors.com)
- Turn Them Over: Feinstein Moves To Ban ALL Assault Rifles, High Capacity Magazines, and Pistol Grips (shtfplan.com)
- Dems Move to Reinflict “Assault Weapons” Ban (moonbattery.com)
- The Obama agenda no longer needs to be hidden from public view GUN ban for thousands of firearms and require gun owners to turn them over to the Federal government (antinewworldorderparty.wordpress.com)
- Senator Dianne Feinstein says she’ll reintroduce assault weapon legislation (federaljack.com)
- Turn Them Over: Feinstein Moves To Ban ALL Assault Rifles, High Capacity Magazines, and Pistol Grips (thesurvivalplaceblog.com)
” It’s been said many times that we have a very important decision to make in regards to the direction of America. We have come a long ways since the day our Founding Fathers stood up in defiance of tyranny; we have experienced triumph and defeat as a nation. Complied of those seeking liberty from all corners of the earth, America has stood strong as a beacon for all who seek freedom, yet we stand on the verge of losing our own.
Bluntly speaking, we have a president who apologizes for our successes as Americans, who demonizes hard work and dedication by those who flex the muscles of capitalism through discipline, dedication and years of hard work. Since our Founding Fathers established the foundation of America, we have built earth’s greatest nation on the notion that each man is entitled to equal opportunity, not equal results.”
A wonderful look at some of our founding fathers , what they risked , what they accomplished and why they were ” Badass” as no recent politician could ever be .
” The 7 Most Badass Founding Fathers
Celebrating the men who had the guts to commit treason against the world’s most powerful empire.”