” Mayors Against Illegal Guns member and Democratic Gainesville, Fla., Mayor Craig Lowe was arrested on charges of driving under the influence and property damage after police found him asleep in his car at the scene of a crash last Thursday.
Police said Lowe appeared intoxicated and his Honda Civic was badly damaged, according to WKMG in Orlando.
Lowe was one of 30 mayors featured in a recent ad released by Mayors Against Illegal Guns, a gun-restriction lobbying group led by New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg.
- Gainesville mayor charged with DUI after crash (tbo.com)
- Gainesville Mayor arrested for DUI (news4jax.com)
- Bloomberg vs. The NRA (huffingtonpost.com)
- Mayors Against Illegal Guns On Senate Gun Reform Bill (paramuspost.com)
- Mayors Against Illegal Guns to air ads aimed at Sen. Toomey and other lawmakers (pennlive.com)