The Problem For Gun Control Advocates Is That They Keep Promising That No Way Will Registration Lead To Confiscation Of Firearms, Even As It Does Just That.
” The problem for gun control advocates is that they keep promising that no way will registration lead to confiscation of firearms, even as it does just that. The Brady Campaign’s Dennis A. Henigan accuses the National Rifle Association of peddling “fear” for even raising the possibility. In the New York Times, Charles Blow calls such concerns “cultural paranoia.”
Yet gun owners seem to have legitimate worries. Hundreds of New York City residents are receiving, and publicizing, letters demanding the surrender, not of scary “assault weapons,” whatever arbitrary definition may locally apply to that slippery term, but of target rifles and cowboy guns. Among the forbidden items gleaned from New York City registration lists and ordered to be surrendered or removed from city limits are the bolt-action Marlin 25N, and lever-action Browning 92 and Winchester 94 rifles. Semi-automatic rifles of the plinking variety, such as the AR-7, have been targeted, too.”
Tag Archive: Gun Registration
” Fears of gun registration and confiscation have run rampant since Barack Obama assumed the Presidency and appointed Eric Holder as Attorney General, and now we can confirm that those fears were well founded.
Red Flag News posted the following in February:
The National Rifle Association has obtained a Department of Justice memo calling for national gun registration and confiscation. The nine page “cursory summary” on current gun control initiatives was not officially released by the Obama administration.
The DOJ memo (downloadable here as a PDF) states the administration “believes that a gun ban will not work without mandatory gun confiscation,” according to the NRA, and thinks universal background checks “won’t work without requiring national gun registration.” “
There has been much speculation regarding the legitimacy of this memo , but only today the writer (Bob Owens) had the authenticity of the DoJ document confirmed to him . Read the rest and explore the links . This should come as no surprise . If there is one opinion that Obama can be counted upon to hold unassailable it is “
people gun control” .
” Gun dealers have been required to report the sale of multiple handguns in a short amount of time for some time now, but the rifle requirement is new.
The dealer’s claim holds that the requirement places an excessive burdens on gun dealers and could even be used to create a gun registry.
According to POLITICO,
A unanimous three-judge panel of the court rejected arguments that the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives exceeded its authority in issuing the rule, violated Congressional prohibitions against a national gun registry and imposed an unreasonable burden on gun dealers.”
Bipartisan Backstabber Pat Toomey
” A bipartisan deal seems imminent on expanding background checks to more gun buyers, an agreement that could build support for President Barack Obama’s drive to curb firearms violence.
Meanwhile, the Senate is ready for an opening vote on restricting guns as Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., set a roll call for Thursday on starting consideration of the firearms legislation. Odds are growing that Democrats will win enough Republican support to thwart an effort by conservatives and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., to block consideration from even starting.
Sens. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., and Patrick Toomey, R-Pa., were expected to announce a background check compromise on Wednesday. Subjecting more firearms purchases to federal background checks has been the chief goal of Obama and gun control supporters, who promote the system as a way to prevent criminals and other risky people from getting the weapons.
After weeks of negotiations, Manchin and Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., told reporters late Tuesday that a gun control agreement was close.”
Why does any “bipartisan” bill mean another democrat victory ? The Senate Republicans are the most spineless , cowardly , unprincipled lot one could imagine . The only thing they fear is a liberal media that they could never please anyway . If only they showed their constituents the same measure of respect that they afford the MSM.
- Deal on background checks is close (abcactionnews.com)
- Toomey-Manchin Compromise Could Mean Gun Bill Back On (usnews.com)
- Sen. Pat Toomey’s bipartisan deal on background checks for gun buyers is done (pennlive.com)
- Senators to announce background check deal (nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com)
- John McCain sides with Obama, as Mitch McConnell joins Senate gun filibuster (riehlworldview.com)
- Gun Control’s Trojan Horse to be voted on Thursday, April 11 (bunkerville.wordpress.com)
- Mitch McConnell Joins Filibuster Against Gun Control (rubinoworld.com)
Wow , Just Wow ! What a well-crafted post . Read it and enjoy .
Originally posted on Political Vel Craft:
Disappointed with New York State lawmakers and other jurisdictions around the country who have passed strict gun control legislation, the companies—composed of firearm manufacturers, gunsmiths, and sporting goods retailers—have announced these policies in the past week.
” Clarence, NY (WKBW) – A question and answer session on New York’s new gun law turned testy, as gun owners unleash a fury of anger on the new legislation.
Frustration boiled over for people who feel as though they are law abiding citizens, being turned into criminals.
For many, it was a chance to vent anger at Albany.
One WNYer even said “You put a brown shirt on Mr. Cuomo and put him on television, he would look just like Hitler.”
Another chimed in, “Angry people get together, they form militias folks. This country, this WNY is prime for something like that!”
More video at the link
- The Resistance Begins: – Non-Compliance Resistance Evident at Buffalo vs New York State Q & A Forum on the Arms Bill (12160.org)
- The People of New York State Rise To RESIST Government Tyranny (sgtreport.com)
- “Who Are The Police At War With?” (onlygunsandmoney.blogspot.com)
- NY gun owners plan mass civil disobedience (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)
- Non-Compliance Resistance Evident at Buffalo vs New York State Q & A New York State Resistance .” 1/29/13 (countdowntozerotime.org)
- Buffalo Wild Wings Under Fire Over Controversial Gun Stance (pittsburgh.cbslocal.com)
- EDITORIAL: What happens if they try to take our guns? (guns.com)
“This act requires a parent or guardian to notify a school district, or the governing body of a private or charter school, that he or she owns a firearm within 30 days of enrolling the child in school or becoming the owner of a firearm.”
- Gun Owners Must Contact Schools In Proposed Legislation (fox2now.com)
- Democrat Proposes Bill: Will Force Parents to Notify Schools If They Own a Gun (gds44.wordpress.com)
- Democrat Proposes Bill: Will Force Parents to Notify Schools If They Own a Gun (maddmedic.wordpress.com)
“Universal Background Checks” Could Unjustly Deny Millions Of People The Right To Armed Self-Defense
” Second Amendment supporters historically have opposed gun registration, fearing that it could ultimately lead to confiscation, something that has actually happened in places such as Canada, Great Britain, Australia, California, and New York City. While wholesale disarmament would be clearly unconstitutional in this country, confiscation of guns that legislators arbitrarily deem unnecessary or excessively dangerous is easier to imagine, especially given Obama’s support for a new, stricter ban on “assault weapons.”
Perhaps fear of confiscation seems paranoid to you. But consider what would happen if the federal government merely enforced existing law through expanded background checks and improved records—another step nearly everyone seems to think is self-evidently sensible. Such a crackdown would reveal the folly of current restrictions, which prohibit gun ownership by several absurdly broad categories of people under the threat of a five-year prison term.
One disqualifier is a felony record, whether or not the offense involved violence or even a victim. It is doubtful that check kiters, marijuana growers, or unauthorized farm workers (another banned category) are substantially more likely to go on a shooting rampage than the average person.
Federal law also bars “an unlawful user of…any controlled substance” from owning a gun. Think about that for a minute. If you smoke pot or use a relative’s Vicodin or Xanax, you have no right to keep and bear arms. Survey data indicate that nearly 40 million Americans have used “illicit drugs” in the last year, and the true number is probably higher, since people may be reluctant to admit illegal behavior even when their answers are confidential. “
- NRA President Says Door-to-Door Gun Confiscation is “Legitimate Fear” (Video) (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Connecticut Representative Introduces Bill to Initiate Gun Confiscation (blacklistednews.com)
- Gun Confiscation Bill Introduced in Congress: IRS credit to citizens who allow government to confiscate their firearms (nalert.blogspot.com)
- What New York was Actually Trying to Cram into Their Gun Ban (gunmartblog.com)
- Gun Confiscation in Ten Easy Steps (familysurvivalprotocol.com)
- Illegal Gun Control/Confiscation Effort? (gds44.wordpress.com)
- Gun Confiscation Manipulation – Welcome to the New World Order! (Video – Radio) (animalsclubfreedom.typepad.com)
- N.Y. Assemblyman Exposes Real Gun Control Confiscation Agenda Of Democrats (Video) (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- NY Republican Assemblyman Shows What Democrats Are Really After: Gun Confiscation (freedomoutpost.com)
The History of Gun Control
” By golly, Nancy Pelosi was right — they didn’t know what was in ObamaCare until it passed! Of course, in this case all she needed to do was ask her buddy Harry Reid, who apparently sandbagged his party’s gun-control wing by inserting an interesting clause in the 2800-page bill that no one in Congress bothered to read before voting on it. CNN’s Jim Acosta reveals the restriction on firearms-registration data collection built into the 2010 law: “
- Obamacare Amendment Forbids Gun and Ammo Registration (gds44.wordpress.com)
- Obamacare Amendment Forbids Gun and Ammo Registration (genomega1.wordpress.com)
- Mike Lee: Senators Only Had Six Minutes to Read “Fiscal Cliff” Bill Before Voting (townhall.com)
- Pelosi, Van Hollen, Durbin: Americans Still Not Taxed Enough (familysurvivalprotocol.com)
- Oops: Obamacare Amendment Forbids Gun Registration (conservativebyte.com)
- Bring.It.On. (rivrdog.typepad.com)
- Pelosi: GOP should ‘get back to work’ (thehill.com)