” While Obama and Kerry were pressuring Israel to free terrorists to keep the terrorists of the Palestinian Authority at the negotiations, Israel was breaking up a terrorist plot targeting the US embassy in Tel Aviv.
Israel’s Shin Bet security agency revealed on Wednesday that it had arrested a terrorist unit that planned to blow up the Jerusalem convention center and the US embassy in Tel Aviv.
According to the Shin Bet’s statement, the three terrorists who were arrested belong to a Gaza based terror group that is linked to al-Qaida and the attacks themselves were planned by the global terror group’s leader Ayman al-Zawahri. “
Tag Archive: Hamas
” Ever wonder what a children’s summer camp organized by a designated terrorist organization would look like?
If you guessed the kids be chanting about the destruction of Israel while holding toy guns, you’d seemingly be right.
Video posted by the Israel Defense Forces titled “Hamas Summer Camp Brainwashes Gaza Children to Hate” appears to show the children chanting things like, “We are the generation of the upcoming victory! We will never recognize Israel!”
Peace In The Middle East
” U.S. President Obama is close to deciding to give military aid to Syrian rebels and likely will make a final decision within weeks, senior officials said.
“We’re clearly on an upward trajectory,” one of the administration officials told The Washington Post. “We’ve moved over to assistance that has a direct military purpose.”
The officials did not spell out what military-purpose U.S. assistance was under consideration, but rebels have specifically requested anti-tank weapons and surface-to-air missiles.
Supplying arms was one of several options under consideration, the officials stressed to the Post, adding diplomacy remained the preferred option.
Obama spoke of possibly escalating assistance to the rebels during a news conference Tuesday.
“There are options that are available to me that are on the shelf right now that we have not deployed,” he told reporters in the White House briefing room. “And that’s a spectrum of options.”
” The imam of the Cambridge, Massachusetts mosque attended by Boston Marathon bombing suspects Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev sits on the board of directors of the Boston chapter of an organization founded by members of the Muslim Brotherhood, the parent organization of the terrorist group Hamas.
Dr. Sheikh Basyouny Nehela, the imam of the Islamic Society of Boston (ISB) in Cambridge, which the Tsarnaevs attended, sits on the board of directors of the Boston chapter of the Muslim American Society, which also runs the ISB’s affiliated “Cultural Center.”
The Muslim American Society was founded in 1993 after secret regional meetings of underground Muslim Brotherhood members across the United States. The U.S. Muslim Brotherhood reportedly “operated under the name Muslim American Society.” “
” President Obama’s first journey to Israel as president comes amid earth-shattering change in Middle East, much of it for the worse. The Arab Spring, which once raised hopes of freedom and dignity, has diverged onto the dark path of Islamist authoritarian rule. In Syria, tens of thousands of people have died in a bitter civil war that might have recently seen its first use of chemical weapons. And Iran continues its march toward nuclear weapons capability, heedless of international condemnation. Obama’s effort to seek peace between Palestinians and Israelis is in tatters.
That’s why the White House has been lowering expectations for Obama’s trip to Israel all this week. He will announce no new peace plan, grand design or major foreign policy initiative. His advisers are calling the trip a “listening tour.” That is what you call a state visit when you have little to say.
According to the latest survey by the Pew Research Center’s Global Attitudes Project, confidence in Obama in Muslim countries dropped from 33% to 24% in his first term. Approval of Obama’s policies declined even further, from 34% to 15%. And support for the United States in Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon and Pakistan is lower today than it was in 2008 in the closing year of George W. Bush’s administration. “
- | Obama brokering deceit: Palestinian frustration grows over lack of help! (truthaholics.wordpress.com)
- Obama prepares for West Bank visit (bbc.co.uk)
- Obama Reportedly Tells Muslim Group that Israel Isn’t Interested in Making Peace (pjmedia.com)
- Morning Bell: Obama Doctrine on Display in the Middle East (heritage.org)
- Barack Obama in Israel for first visit as president (newsday.com)
- HOW’S THAT “SMART DIPLOMACY” WORKIN’ OUT FOR YA? (CONT’D): Obama’s Middle East policy in tatters: … (pjmedia.com)
- Video: Obama: If Syria used chemical weapons, it’s a “game changer” (cbsnews.com)
- Obamas headless and fraudulent Middle East policy (ivarfjeld.com)
Abbas: We condemn all violence against civilians.
Sure Mahmoud … want to buy a bridge ?
” Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon has ordered the closure of the Kerem Shalom border crossing between Israel and Gaza, after two rockets fired from the Strip exploded in the southern Israeli town of Sderot early Thursday. The rockets were fired as U.S. President Barack Obama was beginning the second day of his first visit to the country as president. The rockets exploded near the border with the Gaza Strip, causing damage to one house. No casualties were reported.
A second rocket exploded in an open area in Sderot. Two other rocket launches were detected by the IDF, but landed in Gaza.”
- Two rockets slam into Sderot during Obama visit (aworldchaos.wordpress.com)
- Israel waiting to see if Abu Bluff condemns Kassam attacks on Sderot (israelmatzav.blogspot.com)
- Gaza rockets hit south Israel as Obama visits region (thetimes.co.uk)
- Gaza rockets hit southern Israel during Obama visit: police (dailystar.com.lb)
” WASHINGTON (CBSDC/AP) — Hamas is warning that if President Obama visits the Temple Mount it would be a “declaration of war” against the Islamic world.
Israel National News reports the terror group made the threat during a protest march at the religious site following riots on Friday.
Mushir al-Masri, a Hamas spokesman, called for a third intifada if Obama visits the contested religious site in Jerusalem’s Old City between Israelis and Muslims.
Public Security Minister Yitzchak Aharonovich believes the warning will lead to violence flaring up in the region ahead of the president’s visit.”
- Hamas: Obama on Temple Mount ‘declaration of war’ (wnd.com)
- Hamas: Obama on Temple Mount – Declaration of War – Middle East – News – Israel National News (warsclerotic.wordpress.com)
- Hamas: Obama Temple Mount Visit Is Declaration of War (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Hamas: ‘Declaration Of War’ If Obama Visits Temple Mount In Israel (patdollard.com)
” Meanwhile both sides in the Syrian civil war have racked up a score of 885 Palestinian Arabs dead and the world couldn’t care less.
Everyone who claims to care about Palestinian Arabs immediately sprang into action. Including Palestinian leaders.
Hamas told the UNRWA that they will not accept Palestinian Arab refugeesfrom Syria because it will undermine their political case against Israel.
President Abbas of the Palestinian Authority agreed, saying, “It’s better they die in Syria than give up their right of return.”
Jordan will not take in Palestinian Arab refugees, even though the country was carved out of the Palestine Mandate and already consists heavily of a Palestinian Arab population
They care so much about them that they kept them in refugee camps for generations to use as an army against Israel. They care so much about them that not even their own leaders will take them in. “
It is well to remember how the Palestinians became ” refugees ” in the first place :
” The 1948 war began with Arab attacks the day the U.N. passed the partition resolution in November 1947, which was accepted by the Zionists, and rejected by the Arabs in mandate Palestine and the Arab nations. The war escalated when 5 Arab armies invaded in May 1948 when the British withdrew, with a goal of wiping out the Jewish presence. The most comprehensive histories of that period are in books by Benny Morris, and Efraim Karsh. Wallace might want to read them. About 600,000 Arabs abandoned homes in the war that went on for over a year. Very few of them were kicked out or driven out by the Zionists.
That did happen, but only in a few places. The great majority of the Arabs left due to other circumstances — fleeing a war zone where hand to hand close range fighting was going on, or because they were encouraged to do so by the invading Arab armies, telling them to come back to their homes after the Zionists were eliminated. All the contemporary news accounts of the day, and statements by Arab leaders support this conclusion.
While this war was going on, an equal number of Jews in Arab countries — Yemen, Egypt, Syria, Iraq, and other Arab countries — were driven from their homes and their countries. Most of the Jewish refugees moved to Israel, and were accepted as full citizens. None of them lingered in refugee camps for decades. The treatment of the Arab refugees by Arab nations was different. Many were never resettled, and many never obtained citizenship in their new countries. Many were never allowed to work, but were forced to remain in stagnant camps, funded by the UNWRA, where indoctrination of future generations consisted mainly of blaming Israel for their plight.
Of the 600,000 original Arab refugees, perhap 75,000 are alive today. Yet the Palestinians claim 5 million refugees. They do this because alone among the refugee populations of the world, the U.N. considers descendants of the original refugees, whether 2nd, 3rd, or 4th generation, as refugees, even though they never even set foot in Israel in their lives. The Palestinians and Arab nations blame Israel for the plight of the refugees, but it is their cynical use of the refugee issue, that has kept alive a refugee population 63 years after a war, and embittered Palestinians from ever accepting a Jewish majority state of Israel. “
The vast majority of them ABANDONED their homes during the 1948 war in anticipation of the armies of five Arab nations exterminating the Jews once and for all . They gambled on a war and they lost . So it goes .
” The Palestinians left their homes in 1947-48 for a variety of reasons. Thousands of wealthy Arabs left in anticipation of a war, thousands more responded to Arab leaders’ calls to get out of the way of the advancing armies, a handful were expelled, but most simply fled to avoid being caught in the cross fire of a battle. Had the Arabs accepted the 1947 UN resolution, not a single Palestinian would have become a refugee and an independent Arab state would now exist beside Israel.
The beginning of the Arab exodus can be traced to the weeks immediately following the announcement of the UN partition resolution. The first to leave were roughly 30,000 wealthy Arabs who anticipated the upcoming war and fled to neighboring Arab countries to await its end. Less affluent Arabs from the mixed cities of Palestine moved to all-Arab towns to stay with relatives or friends.
All of those who left fully anticipated being able to return to their homes after an early Arab victory, as Palestinian nationalist Aref el-Aref explained in his history of the 1948 war:
The Arabs thought they would win in less than the twinkling of an eye and that it would take no more than a day or two from the time the Arab armies crossed the border until all the colonies were conquered and the enemy would throw down his arms and cast himself on their mercy.
By the end of January 1948, the exodus was so alarming the Palestine Arab Higher Committee asked neighboring Arab countries to refuse visas to these refugees and to seal the borders against them.
Meanwhile, Jewish leaders urged the Arabs to remain in Palestine and become citizens of Israel. The Assembly of Palestine Jewry issued this appeal on October 2, 1947:
We will do everything in our power to maintain peace, and establish a cooperation gainful to both [Jews and Arabs]. It is now, here and now, from Jerusalem itself, that a call must go out to the Arab nations to join forces with Jewry and the destined Jewish State and work shoulder to shoulder for our common good, for the peace and progress of sovereign equals. “
They hoped for extermination but got homelessness instead .
- 885 Palestinians killed in Syria civil war (jpost.com)
- Palestinians don’t want Palestinian refugees (menorahblog.typepad.com)
- Abbas: Let Palestinians Die in Syria Rather than Give Up ‘Right of Return’ (algemeiner.com)
- Hamas, PA reportedly refuse to take in Palestinian refugees from Syria (timesofisrael.com)
- Abbas makes it clear: Destroying Israel more important than life itself (iranaware.com)
- Abbas rejects Israeli offer to allow refugees from Syria to enter West Bank and Gaza (timesofisrael.com)
- Palestinians displaced from Syria protest outside UNRWA (dailystar.com.lb)
- Palestinian refugees from Syria hit with visa fees (dailystar.com.lb)
Given The Palestinian’s Stated Goal Of Driving Israel Into The Sea
Max Boot :
” And how did the actual combatants–Israel and Hamas–fare? Normally war is seen as a zero-sum game: one side loses, the other side wins. This is a relatively rare case where both sides may be said to have won. Assuming that the truce holds, Israel won at least a temporary cessation of rocket attacks on its soil. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu now faces the voters having been seen to adroitly walk the tightrope between too little a response and too much of a response to Hamas’s terror–too little would have been avoiding military action altogether, too much would have been (at least in the eyes of many Israelis) ordering a ground attack into Gaza. “
- Israeli gunfire kills Palestinian man near Gaza after cease-fire (foxnews.com)
- 1 killed, 9 wounded in Israeli gunfire near Gaza (utsandiego.com)
- Gaza official: 1 dead in shooting near border fence (cbsnews.com)
- Israel, Hamas agree on Gaza ceasefire (thehindu.com)
- Hamas claims Gaza victory as truce with Israel holds (independent.co.uk)
- Gaza truce holds as region steps back from brink (csmonitor.com)
- Israel, Hamas Agree to Truce Starting Today (bloomberg.com)
” With all the fighting going on, sometimes it’s important to take a step back and look behind the scenes. One of the most curious aspects about this current conflict between the Israelis and Palestinians is the fact that Hamas has been able to acquire highly sophisticated rockets. In earlier conflicts, these rockets were never able to penetrate as deeply into the Israeli countryside …but in this case, Hamas has been able to strike Tel Aviv and Jerusalem with telling consistency. The Washington Free Beacon reports:
The Israeli Defense Forces’ (IDF) principal objective in Gaza is to rid Palestinian terrorists of sophisticated Iranian-produced rockets that are capable of striking deep into Israel’s heartland, including Jerusalem and Tel Aviv. “
- Israel Bombed Sudan Arms Factory Over Flow of Advanced Rockets to Hamas (warsclerotic.wordpress.com)
- A Sudan Surprise (thetruthseeker.co.uk)
- Closing Arms Tunnels Crucial to Ending Israel-Hamas War (bloomberg.com)
- From ‘sewage pipes with wings’ to sophisticated missiles (timesofisrael.com)
” Hamas praised the terrorist bombing of a bus in Tel Aviv Wednesday afternoon, but stopped short of claiming responsibility.
“Hamas blesses the attack in Tel Aviv and sees it as a natural response to the Israeli massacres…in Gaza,” Hamas spokesman Sami Abu Zuhri told Reuters. “Palestinian factions will resort to all means in order to protect our Palestinian civilians in the absence of a world effort to stop the Israeli aggression.” “
- Explosion rocks bus in central Tel Aviv, wounding 21 Israelis (timesofisrael.com)
- Hamas ‘blesses’ operation in Tel Aviv (itv.com)
- Hamas Gleeful After Terrorist Bombs Bus in Tel Aviv (thedailybeast.com)
- Clinton condemns Tel Aviv bomb blast as she heads to Cairo for ceasefire talks (thejc.com)
Two journalists have confirmed that Palestinians have fired a long-range rocket at Israel from next to Al Shifa hospital in Gaza. Neither journalist, of course, made it the headline, it was just mentioned in passing. The first was Jodi Rudgren of The New York Times who, in writing a lengthy article about Palestinians suffering at the hospital, noted in passing:
” Hamas and other Palestianian militants hide behind civilians and deliberately attack civilians with great joy. Yet Turkish Prime Minister Erdogan, who dreams of being leader of the Muslim world, calls Israel a “terrorist state.” That shows why Israel cannot bow to the mostly demonic “international community.” “
Illustration By Cox And Forkum
- PM: Turkish intelligence monitors development of situation in Gaza (en.trend.az)
- Seven Truths About Israel, Hamas and Violence – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- The Guardian’s Seumas Milne defends Palestinians’ right to kill Israelis (cifwatch.com)
- Turkey’s Erdogan: Israel carrying out ‘terrorist acts’ (dailystar.com.lb)
- Did Hamas Overplay Deadly Hand? (foxnews.com)
- Bloggers Spot More Dead Child Fakery By Hamas; CNN Fooled (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- Erdogan: Israel is a ‘Terrorist State’ (israelnationalnews.com)
- Whoopi Goldberg retweets claim that Israel ‘massacres’ Palestinians, quickly backtracks (twitchy.com)
” Associated Press reporter Matt Lee pressed State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland at Monday’s briefing to comment on Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s assertion that “Israel is a terrorist state” and is carrying out a “massacre of children” in Gaza. “
- Erdogan: Israel is a ‘Terrorist State’ (israelnationalnews.com)
- Obama Administration Again Caught Between Its Allies Israel and Turkey (cnsnews.com)
- Erdogan accuses Israel of ‘ethnic cleansing’ in Gaza (dailystar.com.lb)
Call Virgins Are Us
” Like many militants in the Gaza strip Ahmad Al Jabari was rarely seen and he did not like to be photographed, when he personally escorted abducted Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit to freedom as part of a prisoner exchange, it was a rare look at the senior commander in the Hamas organization.
- Jabari’s killing ‘a necessary step,’ says Noam Shalit (timesofisrael.com)
- Good Riddance (youviewedblog.wordpress.com)
- Hamas military wing claims it will release documentary of Gilad Shalit abduction (timesofisrael.com)
- Heads Up: The IDF Is Live-Blogging Its Attack On Hamas [Video] (readwrite.com)
- As Some Defend The Terrorist Ahmed Jabri – Remember What He Truly Was (ifaynsh.wordpress.com)
- TIMELINE: Israel’s targeted killing of Hamas officials (blogs.jta.org)
” However, Kuperwasser says the crisis isn’t about Gaza. He defined the latest conflict in plain terms: Hamas “wants to destroy Israel” and take over Tel Aviv. “For them, Tel Aviv is occupied territory.”
Kuperwasser expressed that Hamas has been emboldened and empowered by an influx of the aforementioned infrastructure from Libya and Iran. He confirmed media speculation that Hamas has acquired Libyan anti-aircraft missiles. It has been suspected that Hamas had obtained significant amounts of Libyan arms around the time of the fall of Muammar Gaddafi in 2011. “
- Arms With a Long Reach Help Hamas (nytimes.com)
- Israel attacks Hamas media operations in Gaza (thehimalayantimes.com)
- Signs mount of possible Israeli invasion of Gaza (usatoday.com)
- Fears grow Israel will invade Gaza (news.smh.com.au)
- There’s A Reason Why All Of The Reports About Benghazi Are So Confusing (sott.net)
- Israel Faces Stronger Hamas As Fears Loom Of New Gaza War (rferl.org)
” Israel apparently prepares for a ground invasion of Gaza
Tanks and troops are massing on Israel’s border with Gaza, and on Friday evening, Israel’s cabinet authorized mobilization of up to 75,000 reservists, up from just 16,000 authorized the day before, with 30,000 already reporting for duty in their home districts. These moves are reactions to long-range rockets from Gaza reaching as far as Jerusalem, though without yet creating damage or casualties. But the vulnerability of Tel Aviv and Jerusalem to rocket attacks from Gaza is causing Israel to get panicky.
Recall that in 2006, Israel went to war with Hizbollah in Lebanon, within four hours of the capture of two Israeli soldier, with no plan, and no objective, resulting in total chaos.”
Gaza-Based Hamas Rockets Strike Tel Aviv
- Israeli troops mass on Gaza border as Jerusalem area is hit by rocket (thetimes.co.uk)
- Israel Says ‘Iron Dome’ Intercepts Rocket Fired at Tel Aviv (foxnews.com)
- Israel authorizes more reservists after rockets target cities (news.yahoo.com)
- Rockets from Gaza fired on Tel Aviv and Jerusalem (worldnews.nbcnews.com)
- Jerusalem and Tel Aviv under rocket fire (theuglytruth.wordpress.com)
- ‘This is not our first time’: Israel prepares to invade Gaza (news.nationalpost.com)
” Two major Israeli newspapers are reporting that rockets fired from Egypt have hit Israel.
“Terrorists in the Sinai Peninsula launched rockets into Israel Friday night,” reports the Jerusalem Post. “The rockets fell near an Israeli village on the southern border, causing some damage, but no injuries.”
The Israeli daily Haaretz reports, ”Rockets fired from direction of Egypt toward Eshkol Regional Council.”
It appears no damage was reported in connection with the rocket fire from Egypt. Earlier today, the Egyptian prime minister visited Gaza to express solidarity with the Palestinians there. “