” “It will have a negative impact on job creation” this year, says Mr. Zandi.
The Obamacare employer mandate doesn’t go into effect until January 1, 2014, but the government requires businesses to track worker schedules for three to 12 months in advance. That means many employers plan to get a jump start on avoiding Obamacare’s $2,000 per-worker fine by firing workers now, reducing employee hours, or replacing full-time employees with part-time workers.
A survey by the International Franchise Association finds that 31% of franchisees say they plan to cut staff to duck under Obamacare’s 50-employer mandate. And another study byMercer consulting firm found that half of businesses who don’t presently offer health insurance plan to reduce employee hours to avert triggering Obamacare’s penalties.”
Tag Archive: Health Insurance Mandate
” The founder of Domino’s Pizza is suing the federal government over mandatory contraception coverage in the health care law.
Tom Monaghan, a devout Roman Catholic, says abortion and contraception aren’t health care but a “gravely immoral” practice.
He filed a lawsuit Friday in federal court. It also lists as a plaintiff Domino’s Farms, a Michigan office park complex that Monaghan owns.”
- Domino’s Pizza Founder Sues Feds Over ObamaCare (amresolution.com)
- Domino’s founder sues feds over health care law (heraldonline.com)
- Dominos Pizza Owner Sues Feds Over Obamacare Insistence He Violate His Religion (patdollard.com)
- Domino’s founder sues feds over health care law (foxnews.com)
- Domino’s Pizza Founder Sues Government Over Obamacare (thegatewaypundit.com)