” Comedians often aim their jokes at conservatives, but not this time. Comedian Jim Norton attacked Al Sharpton, host of MSNBC’s “Politics Nation,” and his network for hypocritically promoting racial and homophobic vitriol.
Norton criticized Sharpton and MSNBC while on Nov. 19’s HuffPostLive. He claimed that MSNBC exhibits a double standard where they accept certain offensive behavior by individuals such as Sharpton, but censor contributors like Alec Baldwin. He also attributed a similar hypocrisy to Hollywood’s conception of political correctness.
Norton, known for his popular radio show “Opie & Anthony,” get slamming Sharpton, saying he’s “been an absolute pig for many years, and he gets away with it because everyone’s afraid just to tell him exactly what a complete a**hole he is.”
When asked about MSNBC host’s Alec Baldwin’s recent homophobic remarks, Norton said that he had “no problem with Alec Baldwin.” Instead, his problem is “with MSNBC and they mete out punishment arbitrarily.” He criticized MSNBC for punishing Baldwin, while ignoring the “jackass” Al Sharpton. MSNBC’s recent blind eye towards Martin Bashir is certainly an example of this double standard.”
Tag Archive: Hollywood
Rob Lowe had some unusual words , from a Hollywood dweller anyway , in support of individual responsibility and “broken government” when he appeared on Meet The Press with David Gregory . Give a listen . It doesn’t amount to a sea change from the usual Leftists in Hollywood but it is a small crack in the dike and very much welcome .
The concept of “person responsibility” , remember that ?
” If you question Vince Vaughn about his political views, he’ll tell you he’s a proud conservative – and he doesn’t care what the liberals in Hollywood think.
In a telephone interview with Adam Carolla, Hollywood A-list actor Vince Vaughn made a bold statement about his conservative values. When Carolla directly asked him, “Do you count yourself a conservative?” Vaughn didn’t hesitate, he quickly responded, “I do, yeah…I mean I’m very supportive of Ron Paul, but I’ve always been more conservative than not.”
“I really like Ron Paul…I think that when you get older, you just get less trust in the government running anything. And you start to realize…when you go back and start to look at the Constitution and the principles of liberty, the real purpose of government is to protect the individual’s right to, you know, sort of think and pursue what they have interest in,” Vaughn replied.”
With idiots like Tom Cruise getting all the press and money and dominating the entertainment industry , it is easy to forget about an actor who has a head on his shoulders . Thanks , Vince Vaughn for providing the lone voice from the wilderness .
We would like to thank a reader for pointing out our error in posting about Ms Phyllis Diller’s most recent demise/hoax . We apologize and stand particularly chagrined as we posted on Ms Diller’s true passing on August 21, 2012 . Apparently we got caught up in an FB hoax . We apologize and would like you to know that the editor has been sacked … and the manager that hired the editor has been sacked … Our reader’s corrections get results …
” Comedian Phyllis Diller, known for her self-deprecating humor, died “peacefully in her sleep” at her Los Angeles home Monday morning, her manager told CNN. Diller was 95.
Her son, Perry, “found her with a smile on her face,” manager Milt Suchin said.
Diller’s career as a stand-up comic, which she started at age 37, skyrocketed in the 1960s, partly because of her many appearances with Bob Hope on his television specials, USO tours and three movies.
She became a pop culture icon for her disparaging jokes about her looks, her cooking and her fictitious husband “Fang.” She wore a blonde fright wig, held a long cigarette holder as a prop and laughed with a loud cackle.
One line attributed to her demonstrates how Diller got laughs: “Burt Reynolds once asked me out. I was in his room.”
“She was a true pioneer,” said talent agent Fred Wostbrock. “She was the first lady of stand-up comedy. She paved the way for everybody. She paved the way for Joan Rivers, Chelsea Handler, Roseanne Barr, Ellen Degeneres, and all the women stand-up comics. She was the first and the best.” “
We will have more on Phyllis and her amazing career in an upcoming tribute . Stay tuned … She will be missed .
” For whatever reason, filmmakers love to mess with the space-time continuum in their own films. From wrist watches to beach umbrellas, our readers compiled the most glaring historical inaccuracies Hollywood has ever produced. Winner got 100 bucks … “
#25 By: gicusudoru
#22 By: Danzy
See the rest of the historical errors at Cracked …
Act Against Arms: Piers Morgan, Oprah, TriBeCa Films Asked To Ban Guns From Movies #ForTheChildren
Published on Apr 2, 2013
“ http://projectveritas.com. @Project_Veritas investigators urge Piers Morgan, Oprah Winfrey’s production company (Harpo), and Robert DeNiro’s production company (Tribeca) to help ban all guns from past and future movies. With some disturbed murderers citing violent movies as the impetus for their crimes, would Hollywood elites agree to remove guns from their flicks #ForTheChildren? Or would money and fame supersede their malleable ideology?”
” In response, Second Amendment supporters put together this montage of hypocrite Jim Carrey’s many violent gun scenes.”
- Jim Carrey labels gun rights advocates heartless motherf&kers (RIP Jim Carrey) (lunaticoutpost.com)
- Jim Carrey: A Portriat of Ivory Tower Liberalism (thepatriotperspective.wordpress.com)
- Jim Carrey’s ‘Cold Dead Hand’: Hey, here’s a song for ‘heartless motherf*ckers unwilling to bend for the safety of our kids’ (twitchy.com)
- Jim Carrey takes to Twitter to slam gun owners, promote new anti-gun song (politics.kfyi.com)
” There’s no missing the patriotic imagery in “Olympus Has Fallen,” a high-octane action thriller about a splinter group of North Korean terrorists who invade the White House and hold the president hostage. Key scenes in the film feature sun-dappled images of flying American flags, the Washington Monument toppled during a spectacular terrorist attack, and — because it’s an action movie — even a defensive use of a weaponized Abraham Lincoln bust in the oval office.
And that flag-waving imagery isn’t just there for decoration.
“That flag is supposed to represent freedom,” said director Antoine Fuqua last week in an interview with The Washington Times. “So why not wave it?”
“I hear people sometimes say some negative things. ‘Eh, America’ —” Mr. Fuqua said, making a dismissive sound. “I just call bull on it. I’m patriotic. This country gave opportunity to everybody. It’s supposed to be the melting pot of the world. The flag is a representation of that.
“There’s nothing wrong with being patriotic. People sometimes get so cynical — they’re like, ‘Ah I don’t want to be patriotic because it’s not cool.’ I think it’s bull. My kids have grown up here. We have freedom here.”
That freedom directly applies to his work as a filmmaker. In America, Mr. Fuqua said, “I get to make a movie like this. In some places the government would never let you make this movie. You know, you’ve got people censoring your art.” “
- 14 High-Res Images For Antoine Fuqua’s Pretty Dope Looking “Olympus Has Fallen” (xavierpop.com)
- Director of Olympus Has Fallen – Patriot (righttruth.typepad.com)
- Antoine Fuqua May Direct The Equalizer Starring Denzel Washington (emileeid.com)
- Gerard Butler and Director Antoine Fuqua Talk OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN, How the Project Came Together, the Rating, and More (collider.com)
- “I’m the best hope you got..” – Pretty Bad-Ass Trailer And Poster For Antoine Fuqua’s “Olympus Has Fallen” (xavierpop.com)
We’re a day late with this one but it is very much worth your time .
” Today is the one year anniversary of the death of New Media pioneer and American patriot Andrew Breitbart. In his memory I’m reprinting the article I published a year ago in response, explaining the impact he had, originally titled “Immortality: Andrew Breitbart’s 5 Gifts to Generation Y Conservatism.”
My wife called him the wizard, for he could conjure up anything at any time with limitless energy.
As an enthusiast for pop culture’s fruits, perhaps Big Hollywood’s founder would allow a Harry Potter reference to describe the impact he left on American political culture and the lives of those who knew him.”
- The disappointment of never meeting Andrew Breitbart (thebrennerbrief.com)
- We Are All Breitbart Now (youviewed.com)
- The Legacy of Andrew Breitbart: A Warrior and a Friend (townhall.com)
- The Anniversary of Andrew Breitbart’s Death (jamesgrimes.me)
- In Memoriam: Andrew Breitbart (atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com)
- I Miss You, Andrew Breitbart (breitbart.com)
- 13 hours of Andrew Breitbart: FTR Radio pays tribute to new media giant (twitchy.com)
- Andrew Breitbart Memorial in New York City (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Missing Breitbart: One year later, happy warriors #RememberAB and honor his legacy (twitchy.com)
” (CBS) – Just a month after Gov. Andrew Cuomo signed the strictest gun control law in the country, state officials plan to make some exemptions.
The law toughened restrictions on military-style rifles and high-capacity semiautomatic handguns, but those restrictions will be changed so those types of weapons can be used on the sets of television shows and movies being shot in New York.
An estimated 10,000 opponents of the new restrictions will descend on Albany Thursday as legislators consider additional amendments. “
- New York’s Tough Gun Law Needs Exemption for Movies (newser.com)
- Cuomo Announces Plans To Modify Gun Control Law To Exempt Film Industry, Cops (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- Gun Grabbers Kill Jobs (fromthetrenchesworldreport.com)
- Hollywood could be exempt from NY’s assault-weapons ban (timesunion.com)
- NY to exempt TV, movies under state’s new gun law (bostonherald.com)
” Chances are if you’re reading this, you are already mad at Hollywood. You’ve watched helplessly as it bastardized the franchises you loved as a child, or failed to promote — or even release — a project you had been excited about for years.
You can write it all off as greed and the terrible taste of the movie-going public, but there are other factors that make Hollywood the soulless blockbuster machine that it is. Some of which you’d never suspect …
#5.Writers Don’t Come Up With the Ideas
“There are no original ideas! Look at the top-grossing 25 films of the 2000s — 23 were remakes or adaptations! How lazy can these writers get?”
Even if you know nothing about how movies get made, you know that there are very specialized tasks — the sound guy is an expert in microphones and audio but probably couldn’t be trusted to do stunts. And, you assume that when it comes to thinking up the ideas for what happens in the movie, somewhere it’s all just some writer hunched over a keyboard — a professional who is an expert in story, plot and character.
In almost all cases, the initial ideas for movie plots don’t come from screenwriters at all, but from producers (basically, the people in charge of the money side of the project). So most of the movies playing in your nearest theater didn’t come from some writer thinking up a story he wanted to tell — they came from some producer saying, “There hasn’t been a ThunderCats movie yet, has there?”
At that point, the producer and whoever else is involved (other producers, maybe a famous actor if they’re lucky) will then hammer out a rough idea for the movie that will appeal to at least two of the four market demographics (young males, young females, older males, older females). So if it’s an action movie aimed completely at young males, you throw a romance in there for the ladies. It’s only then that they will give a screenwriter a call. In other words, in most Hollywood films, the writer is basically there to fill in the dialogue holes and think of clever catchphrases for Ryan Reynolds to say every time he socks a guy in the jaw. “
- The Business of Screenwriting: Sometimes you just have to say “Yes”… even to crap projects (gointothestory.blcklst.com)
- Your Screenplay Sucks (imagineentpayroll.com)
- The power of screenwriters (gointothestory.blcklst.com)
- Ashton Kutcher gets honest: ‘I know exactly what films I’ve done that f***ing suck donkey’ (popwatch.ew.com)
- Movies Suck (in Arts and Culture) (thetyee.ca)
- BREAKING!! Minka Kelly Walks & Sucks On A Lollipop AT THE SAME TIME! (moejackson.com)
” Comedy makes fun of people—that is its nature.
Thus the people who condemn South Park today for being offensive need to be reminded that comedy is by its very nature offensive.It derives its energy from its transgressive power, its ability to break taboos, to speak the unspeakable. Comedians are always pushing the envelope, probing to see how much they can get away with in violating the speech codes of their day. Comedy is a social safety valve. We laugh precisely because comedians momentarily liberate us from the restrictions that conventional society imposes on us. We applaud comedians because they say right out in front of an audience what, supposedly, nobody is allowed to say in public. Paradoxically, then, the more permissive American society has become, the harder it has become to write comedy. As censorship laws have been relaxed and people have been allowed to say and show almost anything in movies and television—above all, to deal with formerly taboo sexual material—comedy writers, such as the creators of South Park, Trey Parker and Matt Stone, must have begun to wonder if there is any way left to offend audiences.
The genius of Parker and Stone was to see that in our day a new frontier of comic transgression has opened up because of the phenomenon known as political correctness.”
” A recent NBC/WSJpoll shows that more people blame bad parenting and Hollywood for mass public shootings than guns themselves. The results display that the massive public relations campaign to convince people that inanimate objects or society are more to blame more than individuals or their particular family backgrounds has not been very successful.
The wording of the question, polled of 1000 respondents (300 by cellphone):
Now, I’m going to list several items and would like you to tell me how much responsibility — if any— each item might bear for the mass-shootings that have taken place over the last year or two in Tucson, Arizona; Aurora, Colorado; and Newtown, Connecticut – a great deal, a good amount, not too much, or none at all? “
And where did guns figure in the poll respondent’s mind ?
” Most importantly, guns themselves were blamed the fifth most at 59 percent, the rate of people who agreed that “assault and military-style firearms being legal to purchase,” and “the availability of high capacity ammunition clips” contributed to the occurrence of mass public shootings.”
- NYTimes Buries Own Poll Findings Showing Support for Armed Guards in School, Blaming Hollywood (newsbusters.org)
- Mike Huckabee: Gun Violence Push Shows Obama Has ‘Nothing But Contempt For The Constitution’ (huffingtonpost.com)
- WSJ/NBC Poll Shows Continuing Support for NRA (blogs.wsj.com)
- CNN/Time Poll: Slight dip in support for gun control measures in last month (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Obama Protects Hollywood (papundits.wordpress.com)
- NRA’s Anti-Hollywood Strategy May Be Working, Poll Finds (theatlanticwire.com)
- Poll: NRA more popular than Hollywood (upi.com)
” I translated the Obama Executive Orders into “peasant language”. The Obama version is listed, with the truth following:
1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.
Insure that every agency has every bit of information on everyone in the nation so nothing slips through our fingers, er through the cracks. “Sieg Heil!!!”.
2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act that may prevent states from making information available to thebackground check system.
If we have inadvertently left in a provision that allows the states any hope of nullifying any action we will ensure the courts side with us until we get it repaired. Bribe or threaten any who do not willingly comply. “Sieg Heil!!!”.
3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.
Try bribery first and that doesn’t work we can go to threats. These “motivational aids” will encourage cooperation from governors and legislators of both political parties. Ve have vays of making you talk, Sieg Heil!!!”
4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
Categories MUST include, from most important to least important; Military veterans with priority on Special Ops training and combat experience; people of Christian and Jewish faiths; people who own guns; people who know how to shoot someone else’s guns; people who have read and understand The Constitution of the United States of America; people who expect elected officials to uphold their oath of office; people who discuss liberty, personal responsibility, and self-determination; conservative people who have the temerity to criticize any politician that violates his/her oath of office.
Categories that MUST NOT appear on the prohibited list; Muslim terrorists, Mexican drug cartel members; street gang members; union members, politicians, Hollywood types. “Sieg Heil!!!” “
- Obama’s 23 Executive Gun Control Actions (zerohedge.com)
” The Miami area saw two stories of armed citizens protecting themselves Monday night. A homeowner in Miami stopped his house from being robbed by shooting the intruders, killing one. Meanwhile, a gas station clerk in Hollywood, Florida used a gun to stop would-be robbers, killing one suspect “
- 2 would-be robbers killed in South Florida (news4jax.com)
- Two robbers shot dead in Hollywood, North Miami-Dade (miamiherald.com)
- 2 would-be robbers killed in South Florida (miamiherald.com)
- Gas Station Clerk Shoots and Kills Would-Be Robber (nbcmiami.com)
- Two robbers shot dead by intended victims (whptv.com)
- Man Uses Gun to Protect Two-Month Old Son from Armed Robber (breitbart.com)
- Robber Had Cattle Prod. Store Clerk had Gun. Who Won? (politicaloutcast.com)
” Whereas “you guys”—by which Matthews meant the good guys, the Hollywood liberals—donate to Obama “for cultural reasons because you share values with the president.”
“That’s exactly right,” Reiner said. “And it’s interesting. But the Hollywood community is the only donor base, as you call it, that would—that has no quid pro quo.”
Yes, it is interesting. It is interesting that Matthews and Reiner were so completely and totally ensconced in their blanket of self-righteousness that they never stopped to consider that “people on Wall Street and the business world, in Texas and around there,” might also donate to Republicans because they share Republican cultural values. “
No Quid Pro Quo Here …
” The sordid details of the fiscal cliff bill are more difficult to ignore. Once again the “only donor base” that “has no quid pro quo” saw its quo multiply nicely. The tax break that allows film and television studios to expense millions of dollars if they operate within the United States costs around $300 million a year. It was set to expire at the end of 2012. However, the efforts of Chris Dodd at the Motion Picture Association of America and of other Hollywood minions ensured that American taxpayers would provide this subsidy to Katzenberg and Spielberg and Clooney and company for at least another two years.”
Only In Obamerika Do Those Clamoring Loudest For Tax Hikes Receive The Best Tax Breaks
“ The Sunlight Foundation Reporting Group has the most comprehensive catalogue of the gifts included in the fiscal cliff bill for Obama’s favorite constituencies. There is the Production Tax Credit, which benefits the alternative energy industry and its liberal benefactors. There is the exemption for New York City bonds, which is intended to help the city recover from a terrorist attack that occurred 11 years ago but which also helped line the pockets of Goldman Sachs and the future members of Democratic administrations employed there. There is a tax credit for maintaining railroad tracks for which BNSF Railway lobbied intensely. BNSF is a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, which is of course the conglomerate operated by the billionaire Democratic donor and oddball Warren Buffett.”
- And the nominees for ambassadors are *drum roll* . . . Obama’s Hollywood donors (redalertpolitics.com)
- Meathead Wins Again (freebeacon.com)
- Lawyer: No charges for ex-Berkshire Hathaway exec (miamiherald.com)
- Lawyer: No charges for ex-Berkshire Hathaway exec (seattlepi.com)
- Buffett’s firm says 3Q profit jumps 72 percent (seattlepi.com)
- Buffett’s firm completes sale of 2 short-line rails to avoid scrutiny of 2010 BNSF acquisition (macleans.ca)
- Corporations Can Now Donate Tons of Money for Obama Inauguration (independentsentinel.com)
- Barack Obama Said Corporations Can Give Tons of Money for His Coronation (independentsentinel.com)
- AT&T, Microsoft Among Corporate Donors to Obama Inaugural – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- Tucker Carlson: Obama Ignores Violent Media Because ‘Hollywood’ Donates To The Democratic Party (mediaite.com)
” Even in gun-crazy America, most of us aren’t shooting things as part of our day-to-day routine. So most Americans actually know very little about guns. Hollywood writers realized this a long time ago and, being writers, used it as an excuse to never do any fact-checking ever again. “
#5.Silencers Turn Gunfire Into a Gentle Whisper
Where You’ve Seen It:
In The Line Of Fire, Die Hard 2, No Country For Old Men, Shooter, practically every James Bond movie.
Cautious spies and assassins know that if you’re going to take out a bad guy in an office or a library, be sure to use a silencer. It turns the concussive “bang” into a neutered “ptew.”
Itty-bitty handguns aren’t the only things you can silence. Giant freaking shotguns can even be fitted with a special silencer that renders them inaudible in quiet suburban neighborhoods.
Also, while silencers look all slick and expensive and fancy, Hollywood says pretty much any long, hollow tube will do the job. Grab a two-liter, stuff it with socks or something, and you can be just as dangerous as Mark Wahlberg in Shooter.
- OMG! Silencers! The NRA Likes ‘Em! OMG! (thetruthaboutguns.com)
- Stockholm Syndrome, Newtown and the Liberator Pistol (thetruthaboutguns.com)
- Welcome to the Freak Show: How Hollywood Views the Gun Culture (thetruthaboutguns.com)
- Gun TV = Freak Shows? Firearms TV Shows Dropping Like Flys (ammoland.com)
- Celebrities Who Demand Gun Bans Sure Seem To Celebrate Gun Violence In Their Movies A Whole Heck of a Lot (minx.cc)
- Gun Rights Advocates Blast Back at Hypocrisy of Anti-Gun Hollywood Stars in New Video (foxnewsinsider.com)
- Silencers ‘to protect kids hearing’: The NRA’s latest big lie (sott.net)
- Debunking Nine Myths of the Gun-Control Debate – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- Silencers: The NRA’s latest big lie (salon.com)
Oh, Little Town Of Hollywood: Vintage Photographs Capture The Stars Of Tinseltown’s Golden Age Celebrating Christmas In Style
Santa, baby: Marilyn Monroe posed in her stockings for this seductive 1951 photo. That year she was voted ‘the present all GI’s would like to find in their Christmas stocking’
NBC’s David Gregory Mocks NRA Chief For Proposing Armed Guards At Schools . . . Fails To Mention He Sends His Kids To School Protected By Armed Guards…
” Yeah, but his kids are more important than ours.
Via Weekly Standard:
David Gregory mocked the NRA’s Wayne LaPierre for proposing that armed guards be at every school in America. But the NBC host seems to have no problem with armed guards protecting his kids everyday where they attend school in Washington, D.C.
“You proposed armed guards in school. We’ll talk about that in some detail in a moment. You confronted the news media. You blamed Hollywood and the gaming industry. But never once did you concede that guns could actually be part of the problem. Is that a meaningful contribution, Mr. LaPierre, or a dodge?,” asked Gregory.”
- Gregory on MTP: Likely Broke DC Law, Hypocritically Mocked NRA’s Armed Guards Proposal (newsbusters.org)
- MEDIA HYPOCRISY UPDATE: David Gregory Mocks LaPierre for Proposing Armed Guards, but Sends Kids to … (pjmedia.com)
- Typical Prog – David Gregory Mocks NRA Chief For Proposing Armed Guards At Schools . . . Fails To Mention He Sends His Kids To School Protected By Armed Guards… (theconservativetreehouse.com)
- Armed guards protect preening, self-important journalist’s kids at school (utsandiego.com)
- Wayne LaPierre: ‘Call Me Crazy’ (theroot.com)
- NRA chief: If putting armed police in schools is crazy, ‘then call me crazy’ – NBCNews.com (blog) (nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com)
” I watch a lot of Christmas movies, and I’ve also had lots of Christmases. I’ve noticed some discrepancies.
To be clear, I’m not going to use this list as an opportunity to say things like “In Christmas movies, magic is real and, duh, no doy, in real life NO IT ISN’T.” Because magic is real, it’s everywhere and all around us and I feel bad for anyone who doesn’t know how to look for it.
I’m talking about the other stuff. “
#4. Family + Christmas + Meal = DISASTER!
- What Your Favorite ‘Christmas Movie’ Says About You! (wycd.cbslocal.com)
- Are These The Best Christmas Movies Of All Time? (hothits957.cbslocal.com)
- Top 10 Christmas Movies (sequinsandsweets.wordpress.com)
- Our Top 10 List of Christmas Movies to Watch this Year (personalcreations.com)
- [Video] What’s Your Favorite Christmas Movie Of All Time? (ksfm.cbslocal.com)
- The 10 Best Christmas Movies Of All-Time (mix1051.cbslocal.com)