” In a report from AllGov.com, we learn that for the first time more than half of all members of Congress are millionaires. But what’s really interesting about the story is that it tells us there are more Democrats than Republicans in Congress who are millionaires.
That is not surprising to some of us, but it might be to a lot of people who have bought the Democrat/lamestream media narrative that Republicans are “the party of the rich.”
Let me tell you why this really is.
First, let’s understand there is nothing wrong with being a millionaire, or a billionaire for that matter. Contrary to what the rhetoric of the Democratic Party suggests, the vast majority of rich people have earned their fortunes by working hard and accomplishing things that have benefited others. That includes those who have made their money by investing, because they have put their capital at risk to help finance businesses that create jobs and produce goods and services people want and need.
Having said that, how can it be that there are more Democrat millionaires than Republican millionaires when everyone knows the conventional wisdom that Democrats are the party of the working man and Republicans are the party of the rich?”
Tag Archive: Hypocrites
” Tired of hearing limousine liberals complain about how unjust our economic system is? I know I am. That’s why I compiled a very short list of left-wing radicals who can’t practice what they preach.
These 100 left-wing supporters of wealth redistribution made millions and even billions off the free enterprise system. Many supported the Celebrity President himself Barack Obama, who has ironically gotten quite wealthy preaching against ‘evil’ rich people. This is just a taste of left-wing hypocrisy: “
Don’t get us wrong . We have no problem with people getting rich . Just don’t use the bully pulpit your wealth affords you to criticize those who try to do the same .
Independent Journal Review has the rest
” Mayors Against Illegal Guns member and Democratic Gainesville, Fla., Mayor Craig Lowe was arrested on charges of driving under the influence and property damage after police found him asleep in his car at the scene of a crash last Thursday.
Police said Lowe appeared intoxicated and his Honda Civic was badly damaged, according to WKMG in Orlando.
Lowe was one of 30 mayors featured in a recent ad released by Mayors Against Illegal Guns, a gun-restriction lobbying group led by New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg.
- Gainesville mayor charged with DUI after crash (tbo.com)
- Gainesville Mayor arrested for DUI (news4jax.com)
- Bloomberg vs. The NRA (huffingtonpost.com)
- Mayors Against Illegal Guns On Senate Gun Reform Bill (paramuspost.com)
- Mayors Against Illegal Guns to air ads aimed at Sen. Toomey and other lawmakers (pennlive.com)
A VISION OF MAN’S FUTURE
Watch for the coming release of this powerful new e-novel coming soon on all major E-readers.
” Fiction novel Envirotopia. Author’s introduction narrated by J.D. Bryden. Available at all major e-reader retailers March 2013. Get chapter previews, audiobook files, and scenic imagery at Envirotopia.net.”
” This must be a textbook example of cognitive dissonance, that is when diametrically-opposed ideas coexist in the same mind. To wit, self-described Progressives cherish birds and green energy, yet wind turbines kill nearly a half-million avian souls each year.”
Courtesy Of Drawn & Quartered
- USA’s energy use down, renewable energy production up (nuclear-news.net)
- U.S. Solar Will Eclipse Wind in 2013, Says Duke Energy – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- State ponders future Toledo turbines (toledoblade.com)
- Japan plans to increase wind power three times (tokyotimes.com)
- Port saves on utility bills from Milwaukee wind turbine (jsonline.com)
- CNFL to invest $30 million in new wind farm (insidecostarica.com)
” We’ve had a wide variety of conservative: the neo-cons, the paleo-cons and most recently the crunchy cons. Have you ever noticed how many of the most prominent conservative voices in America sound more like liberals? I have, and I believe they are in class all their own: they have a special mission and fit a particular profile.
They are what I like to call ‘kept cons.’ They are ‘kept’ by liberals in that kept cons generally work for liberal institutions and seem to fill the role of token conservative; they write conservative columns for national liberal newspapers or appear as conservative hosts or commentators on CNN or MSNBC or CNBC; but they don’t sound all that conservative. You can spot them slamming Sarah Palin or tamping down on the Tea Party.”
This is the primary reason the GOP keeps losing . The ” kept con’s” aren’t only in the liberal media establishments , they are sitting the congress as we speak . They are called RINO’s and establishment ” go along to get along ” GOPers . Their lack of core beliefs beyond keeping their elective office goes only to being liked by the media and their opponents across the aisle . Their thoughts always go something like this … ” I’m a gun owner but …” or ” I support tax reform but … ” or “I support securing the border but … “
There is always a caveat and typically that caveat is a watered down version of the liberal talking points of the day . No core beliefs insight whatsoever . This is the root of GOP troubles . You have to stand for SOMETHING if you expect people to stand with you .
If all you have to offer is leftwing-lite or pseudo-liberalism why should you expect to be supported by anyone that has any real beliefs at at ? They are not liberal enough for the libs and certainly not conservative enough for the right . Guess here that leaves you Mr Graham , Mr Brooks … It leaves you with a dying constituency that cannot possibly garner enough votes to win elections . Welcome to the backwaters of American politics , enjoy it because that is where you shall spend the rest of your days .
The time for choosing has arrived and as the BlogFather himself is wont to say ” that which can’t continue , won’t” . Enjoy those fancy DC cocktail parties because that is all the celebration you’ll be seeing .
This last bit sums up the current state of affairs far more eloquently than I could ever hope to .
” Their usual message is always something like, “I’m a conservative but these other people, these gun owners/southerners/TEA Partiers/Tax Cutters/Randians/Supply-siders/Pro-lifers/Climate Change Deniers/Libertarians/Gun Nuts/ Gold Bugs, etc., are beyond the pale.
The kept conservative’s announced job is to represent the conservative point of view, but their real job is to give the illusion of balance without really challenging any of the core tenets of liberalism. They spend lots of time ‘reinventing’ the Republican Party, and the new invention is always the same: more liberal. They live among liberals, their friends are liberals, and, of course, they are paid by liberals.”
- I’d call them something a little less diplomatic than ‘kept’ (babalublog.com)
- Rivera and Christie, Jersey RINOs (washingtonmonthly.com)
- Conservative Groups Mock Crossroads’ Efforts to Nominate RINOs in 2014 Primary (joemiller.us)
- Buchanan: Senate immigration bill will fail, Rubio ‘will be badly damaged’ (conservativebyte.com)
- Beware of Rinos Drinking Tea (redpillreport.net)
- Geraldo Rivera Will Fit into the GOP RINO Herd (politicaloutcast.com)
- Decepticons Organize – Karl Rove Attacks The Tea Party (theconservativetreehouse.com)
- Kept Conservatives: Prominent Right-Wingers Who Sound Very Liberal (conservativeread.com)
Bare in mind that Damon’s movie was at least partially underwritten by one of the oil producing dictatorships of the mideast … United Arab Emirates
” The analysis and other health assessments have been closely guarded by Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo and his administration as the governor weighs whether to approve fracking. Mr. Cuomo, a Democrat, has long delayed making a decision, unnerved in part by strident opposition on his party’s left. A plan to allow a limited amount of fracking in the state’s Southern Tier along the Pennsylvania border is still seen as the most likely outcome, should the drilling process receive final approval.
The New York governor is considered to be a potential 2016 contender. Cuomo has known about the report for months as he considered approving fracking. Fracking is a difficult issue for a Democrat considering a presidential future.
News of the report comes as Hollywood takes a tough stand on the issue.Matt Damon’s Promised Land, a movie about local, rural resistance to fracking, was released in December. The movie has not been received well and is currently rated “rotten.” “
Also bare in mind that fracking isn’t new :
” Since Stanolind Oil introduced hydraulic fracturing in 1949, close to 2.5 million fracture treatments have been performed worldwide. Some believe that approximately 60% of all wells drilled today are fractured. Fracture stimulation not only increases the production rate, but it is credited with adding to reserves—9 billion bbl of oil and more than 700 Tscf of gas added since 1949 to US reserves alone—which otherwise would have been uneconomical to develop.
In addition, through accelerating production, net present value of reserves has increased. Fracturing can be traced to the 1860s, when liquid (and later, solidified) nitroglycerin (NG) was used to stimulate shallow, hard rock wells in Pennsylvania, New York, Kentucky, and West Virginia. Although extremely hazardous, and often used illegally, NG was spectacularly successful for oil well “shooting.” The object of shooting a well was to break up, or rubblize, the oil-bearing formation to increase both initial flow and ultimate recovery of oil. This same fracturing principle was soon applied with equal effectiveness to water and gas wells.”
- Fracking Is Safe, NY State Health Department (independentsentinel.com)
- Desperately Needed Jobs For Upstate … But Will They Be Allowed To Be Created ? (youviewed.com)
- Anti-Fracking Film Produced with Abu Dhabi Oil Money (cnsnews.com)
- Stunning Revelation: Matt Damon’s Anti-Fracking Propaganda Film ‘Promised Land’ Was Financed With Arab Oil Money (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- Fracking industry draws closer in Illinois (sj-r.com)
- Leaked Report, Suppressed by Cuomo, Says Fracking is Safe (pjmedia.com)
- Is Cuomo stalling on declaring fracking safe for New York? (hotair.com)
- Fracking Safe in NY State, Says Leaked Report (blogs.the-american-interest.com)
” Whereas “you guys”—by which Matthews meant the good guys, the Hollywood liberals—donate to Obama “for cultural reasons because you share values with the president.”
“That’s exactly right,” Reiner said. “And it’s interesting. But the Hollywood community is the only donor base, as you call it, that would—that has no quid pro quo.”
Yes, it is interesting. It is interesting that Matthews and Reiner were so completely and totally ensconced in their blanket of self-righteousness that they never stopped to consider that “people on Wall Street and the business world, in Texas and around there,” might also donate to Republicans because they share Republican cultural values. “
No Quid Pro Quo Here …
” The sordid details of the fiscal cliff bill are more difficult to ignore. Once again the “only donor base” that “has no quid pro quo” saw its quo multiply nicely. The tax break that allows film and television studios to expense millions of dollars if they operate within the United States costs around $300 million a year. It was set to expire at the end of 2012. However, the efforts of Chris Dodd at the Motion Picture Association of America and of other Hollywood minions ensured that American taxpayers would provide this subsidy to Katzenberg and Spielberg and Clooney and company for at least another two years.”
Only In Obamerika Do Those Clamoring Loudest For Tax Hikes Receive The Best Tax Breaks
“ The Sunlight Foundation Reporting Group has the most comprehensive catalogue of the gifts included in the fiscal cliff bill for Obama’s favorite constituencies. There is the Production Tax Credit, which benefits the alternative energy industry and its liberal benefactors. There is the exemption for New York City bonds, which is intended to help the city recover from a terrorist attack that occurred 11 years ago but which also helped line the pockets of Goldman Sachs and the future members of Democratic administrations employed there. There is a tax credit for maintaining railroad tracks for which BNSF Railway lobbied intensely. BNSF is a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, which is of course the conglomerate operated by the billionaire Democratic donor and oddball Warren Buffett.”
- And the nominees for ambassadors are *drum roll* . . . Obama’s Hollywood donors (redalertpolitics.com)
- Meathead Wins Again (freebeacon.com)
- Lawyer: No charges for ex-Berkshire Hathaway exec (miamiherald.com)
- Lawyer: No charges for ex-Berkshire Hathaway exec (seattlepi.com)
- Buffett’s firm says 3Q profit jumps 72 percent (seattlepi.com)
- Buffett’s firm completes sale of 2 short-line rails to avoid scrutiny of 2010 BNSF acquisition (macleans.ca)
- Corporations Can Now Donate Tons of Money for Obama Inauguration (independentsentinel.com)
- Barack Obama Said Corporations Can Give Tons of Money for His Coronation (independentsentinel.com)
- AT&T, Microsoft Among Corporate Donors to Obama Inaugural – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- Tucker Carlson: Obama Ignores Violent Media Because ‘Hollywood’ Donates To The Democratic Party (mediaite.com)
” When it comes to sources of climate change, a handful of activities have the most impact. For American consumers, the current leading causes are energy use in the home, driving and plane travel. Now, something new is set to join the group of worst offenders: space tourism. Virgin Galactic will launch its first rockets next year, and space tourism may soon affect the global climate as much as the world’s entire fleet of subsonic airplanes.
A New Polluting Industry Takes Flight
Space tourism officially began in 2001, when businessman Dennis Tito paid a reported $20 million to take a ride to the International Space Station on a Russian Soyuz spacecraft. By 2004, SpaceShipOne, the world’s first privately funded and operated space vehicle, had been successfully tested. Space Adventures Inc. has been taking reservations for space flights since 1998. But it’s only now that space tourism — also known as “personal spaceflight,” or “citizen space exploration” — is taking off on a larger scale.”
- Branson gives update on space plans – Confused.com (confused.com)
- Space Tourism: Out of this World (momentmatters.wordpress.com)
- Space tourism: the ultimate boarding pass (newscientist.com)
- Countdown Begins for Budget Space Tourism Lift off on Skyscanner Site (prweb.com)
- ‘Space hotel a reality within 10 years’ (rt.com)
- Space Tourism Could Generate $1.6 Billion In The Next Decade (businessinsider.com)
- Virgin space project keeps being delayed (bigpondnews.com)
” Conservatives like Malkin and libertarians like megablogger Glenn Reynolds of Instapundit are not the only ones who are outraged by this; so are the liberal editorial writers of the Boston Globe . Their point is simple, and based on Supreme Court rulings: it’s wrong and
unconstitutional under the First Amendment for government to deny business licenses because
of an applicant’s speech and beliefs.
As the Globe rightly notes, “If the mayor of a conservative town tried to keep out gay-friendly Starbucks or Apple, it would be an outrage.”
As a conservative on most issues and a supporter of same-sex marriage, I find it fascinating that liberal politicians are so ready to
clamp down on others’ speech.”