” A company called III Arms has just received ATF approval to manufacture firearms. Setting up a gun manufacturer is just a small part of III Arms’ plan, which is to establish a completely self-sufficient community in the mountains of Idaho.
It will be called “The Citadel” and include a walled urban center—10 feet thick by 20 feet high and four miles long—surrounded by rural plots for farming. It is, to turn a phrase, a planned prepper community.
Despite being armed and armored, the Citadel isn’t being made to defend its people from military or government action, rather, it’s intended to be a safe haven for forward-thinkers to weather a social, economic or environmental collapse. It is at the leading edge of anti-establishment living, but it “is not designed to withstand any direct .mil or .gov attack. Nor is the Citadel, in any manner, attempting to provoke any government entity,” according to the project FAQ.
III Arms began taking pre-orders for AR-15 rifles and 1911 handguns last November anticipating the FFL. Both have pre-order prices of $1,550, reflecting the difficulty of making small batches of firearms and current market trends.”
This is a giant first step towards self-sufficiency for the proposed “off-grid” community which we have posted on before .
- Off-Grid Community To Make AR-15s and 1911s (chasvoice.blogspot.com)
- UPDATE 5 – ‘The Citadel: Gun-Loving Americans Signing Up to Live in Idaho Fortress Community’ (thelastofthemillenniums.wordpress.com)
- “Citadel” Prepper Community gets ATF Approval to Manufacture Firearms (dprogram.net)
- Idaho Survivalists Plan Walled Citadel (news.sky.com)
- The Citadel, Idaho Survivalist Town Proposed By Gun Company, Looks To Break Tradition Of Failure (huffingtonpost.com)
- Tea Party Fringe Group Develops ‘III Citadel’ – An Exclusive Gated Community With Its Own Arms Factory (addictinginfo.org)