” The House voted 77-31 to override the veto and further paving the way for implementing a method of concealed carry in Illinois.
The measure will now go to the Senate for a final vote, expected later today, where it is expected to pass as well.
Governor Quinn tried to lobby for the passage of his significantly more restrictive version of the bill citing a weekend of extreme gun violence in the city of Chicago where over 70 people where shot over the holiday weekend.”
- Lawmakers in Illinois ready to override Quinn on concealed carry changes (stltoday.com)
- Illinois could end last state ban on carrying concealed guns (reuters.com)
- Time almost out to enact concealed carry legislation (cinewsnow.com)
- State Sen. Rose: We’ll override Quinn’s veto of concealed-carry (illinoisreview.typepad.com)
- Illinois House votes to override Quinn’s veto on concealed carry (cinewsnow.com)
- House Votes To Override Quinn’s Changes To Concealed Carry Bill (chicago.cbslocal.com)