Tag Archive: Islamism
” A bomb blast tore through a political rally held by an Islamist party in northwest Pakistan Monday, in an attack claimed by the Pakistani Taliban that killed 16 people and underscored an increase in violence ahead of the May 11 vote.
The explosion, at a rally held in the village of Sewak in the northwest Kurram tribal area, was the latest attack on candidates, political offices and election-related events as the vote approaches. Much of the violence is believed to have been carried out by the Taliban against three liberal and secular parties. But Monday’s blast targeted a gathering of the Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam party which generally has a more favorable relationship with the militant group. “
- Bomb at Islamist party rally in Pakistan kills 14 (thestate.com)
- Official: Bomb blast kills 14 at election rally of pro-Taliban party in northwest Pakistan (vancouverdesi.com)
- Bomb Targets Islamist Party Rally in Pakistan (voanews.com)
- 15 dead in blast at Pakistani political rally (edition.cnn.com)
- Bomb blast kills 14 at election rally of pro-Taliban party in northwest Pakistan (globalnews.ca)
- Bomb at Islamist party rally in Pakistan kills 14 (bostonherald.com)
” An angry Egyptian mob has lynched the teenage son of a Muslim Brotherhood leader, accusing him of killing a man over Facebook comments critical of the Islamist movement, security sources said Saturday.
The violence that took place on Thursday in the Nile Delta was the latest in a spate of vigilante killings in the region amid growing lawlessness since the 2011 revolution that toppled former president Hosni Mubarak.
Yussef Rabie Abdessalam, 16, pulled out a gun and opened fire indiscriminately, killing a passerby and wounding another after a heated argument with a man who had openly criticised the influential Brotherhood on the Internet, the sources said.”
- Prominent dissident faces trial for insulting Morsi (azzasedky.typepad.com)
- Debate over Easter greetings roil Egypt’s sensitive religious tension (mcclatchydc.com)
- No ‘Happy Easter’: The Muslim Brotherhood’s Bizarre Religious Intolerance (theatlantic.com)
- The Obama Administration’s Disgraceful Muslim Brotherhood Policy (counterjihadreport.com)
- Did We Get the Muslim Brotherhood Wrong? – Marc Lynch | Foreign Policy (azzasedky.typepad.com)
- Reverse discrimination: Muslim Brotherhood now getting the perks in Egyptian Army (worldtribune.com)
” Investigators have found female DNA on at least one of the bombs used in the Boston Marathon attacks, though they haven’t determined whose DNA it is or whether its presence means a woman helped the two brothers suspected in the bombings, according to U.S. officials briefed on the probe.
In another development, Russian officials revealed details about contacts between the older brother and suspected Islamist radicals in the Caucasus, including Internet exchanges that led to concerns by investigators that he was trying to join up with jihadist fighters.
One official familiar with the case said agents went to the house Monday to collect a DNA sample from Ms. Russell, the culmination of days of negotiations. FBI officials also have been negotiating with Ms. Russell’s attorney in recent days to gain fuller access to question her, the officials familiar with the case said. The officials said the DNA request was needed to determine whether it matched the DNA found on the bomb remnants.”
- Woman’s DNA Found on Boston Marathon Bomb (medicaldaily.com)
- Sources: Female DNA found on Boston bomb fragment (cbsnews.com)
- Boston Bomb Reportedly Contained Traces Of Female DNA, Authorities Say (huffingtonpost.com)
- Another Boston Bomb Suspect Female DNA Found On Bombs (4umf.com)
- Female DNA Found On Boston Bomb (zerohedge.com)
- Female DNA found on bomb (wnd.com)
- Boston Bombing New Evidence Found linking Female DNA To Bomb Fragment (familysurvivalprotocol.com)
” In 2009, radical Islamist Nidal Hasan screamed “Allahu Akbar” as he murdered 13 of his fellow soldiers and wounded dozens more. Afterwards, the military’s politically correct response almost defied belief. Rather than admitting that Nidal Hasan, who had exchanged more than 20 emails with Al-Qaeda recruiter Anwar al-Awlaki, was engaged in terrorism, the military labeled the attack “workplace violence.”
The Department of Defense is fighting tooth and nail against giving Purple Hearts to the survivors of Nidal Hasan’s ambush because the DOD claims it would effectively mean that Hasan is being declared a terrorist.”
- Dhimmi Defense Department says giving Purple Heart to Fort Hood Jihad victims would hurt Hasan trial (atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com)
- Defense Department: No Purple Hearts for Fort Hood victims because it could jeopardize Nidal Hasan’s chance at a fair trial (michellemalkin.com)
- DoD: Don’t Call Ft. Hood Casualties Victims of Terrorism (thetruthaboutguns.com)
- What ever happened to Nidal Hasan? (wnd.com)
- When Is A War Injury Not A War Injury ? (rightwinggranny.com)
- Fort Hood Hero Says President Obama ‘Betrayed’ Her, Other Victims of Fort Hood Jihad (atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com)
- Army Declines Purple Hearts for Ft. Hood Shooting Victims (libertynews.com)
” For the last four years, Pamela Geller of AtlasShrugs.com and the American Freedom Defense Initiative have held events at CPAC featuring guests she invites to discuss the influence of Islamism on America. But this year, the American Conservative Union (ACU) has no room for Geller or her message.
In years past, the events were standing room only thanks to their popularity, but that apparently was not enough to counter pressure brought to bear from somewhere to exclude Geller’s message.”
- CPAC nixes Pamela Geller – way to go CPAC (bunkerville.wordpress.com)
- National Review: Bring GOProud Back to CPAC (pjmedia.com)
- ACU Announces Immigration Panel Participants at CPAC 2013 (conservativeread.com)
- CPAC’s Tent Gets Smaller by the Day (nationalreview.com)
This is what Obama means by “sloppiness”-
** Benghazi Terrorists Were Armed By Obama
** US Benghazi SEALs Had Laser Capability and Waited Five Hours For Air Support… But It Never Came
** Obama Administration Was Warned 3 Hours Before Benghazi Attack – Did Nothing
** Ambassador Stevens Called for Help During Benghazi Attack …(But Obama Did Nothing)
** August Cable Signed By Ambassador Stevens Warned Benghazi Consulate Couldn’t Withstand ‘Coordinated Attack’
** There were four previous Islamist attacks in Benghazi this year before the 9-11 terrorist attack.
- Benghazi? Whatever! There was just some ‘sloppiness’ there, says Obama [Video] (twitchy.com)
- President Obama Comments On Benghazi (warnewsupdates.blogspot.com)
- Benghazi Fiasco Was ‘Just Some Sloppiness,’ Says Obama (pjmedia.com)
- After Three Months… Obama Says US Has a Good Idea Who Carried Out Benghazi 9-11 Terror Attacks (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Obama: U.S. has good leads on who carried out Benghazi attacks (news.yahoo.com)
- President blames Benghazi on ‘sloppiness’… (weeklystandard.com)
- Unreal… Obama Blames Benghazi 9-11 Terror Attack on “Just Some Sloppiness” (thegatewaypundit.com)
” Opponents of Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi have stormed an office of his Muslim Brotherhood movement in the country’s north, triggering a fight that killed one person and wounded at least 40 others.
Brotherhood leaders identified the fatality as a 15-year-old Islamist youth, but it was not clear how he was killed in Sunday’s incident in the Nile Delta town of Damanhour.
The teenager is the first person known to be killed since reformist and liberal activists began street protests to denounce Morsi for granting himself sweeping powers in a decree last Thursday.
Opposition activists camped in Cairo’s Tahrir Square for a third day Sunday to demand a reversal of the presidential decree. The protesters blocked traffic and engaged in intermittent battles with police in nearby streets.
Egypt’s main stock index slumped nearly 10 percent Sunday as investors gave their first response to Morsi’s move and subsequent protests. It was one of the market’s biggest losses since the days and weeks after longtime president Hosni Mubarak was ousted in a popular uprising last year.
The Obama administration has proposed a $1 billion debt relief package for Egypt to help revive its struggling economy. Egypt also has received billions of dollars in U.S. military aid over three decades of close relations. “
Illustration By Cox and Forkum
- Muslim Brotherhood Member Dies In Egypt Clashes (rferl.org)
- Egypt stocks plunge as anti-Morsi protests ongoing – Jerusalem Post (jpost.com)
- Egypt clashes escalate over Morsi’s power grab (cbsnews.com)
- Egypt’s government shows rift over Morsi decree – Boston Globe (bostonglobe.com)
- Egypt’s stock market tumbles after Morsi’s decree (news.yahoo.com)
” Hey, Eygpt elected a Pharoah, so much for democracy in that part of the world. Obama’s elevation of Morsi during the Gaza-Israel conflict directly led to Morsi’s new dictatorial power grab!
On Thanksgiving, Morsi made himself supreme ruler of the courts. No judiciary can contest him. They have been his major opponents.
He is riding high on his new unearned popularity thanks to Obama pretending he solved the Gaza-Israel crisis even though Morsi followed up his meetings by slamming Israel and is hardly a peacemaker.
In case Egyptians don’t like his power grab, he put emergency law into effect. His decrees give him the power to take any steps and deal with “any threat to the revolution, national unity and safety or anything that obstructs the work of state institutions.”
He also barred any court from dissolving the Islamist-led upper house of parliament, a powerless body.
“An absolute presidential tyranny,” Amr Hamzawy, a liberal member of the dissolved Parliament and prominent political scientist, wrote in an online commentary. “Egypt is facing a horrifying coup against legitimacy and the rule of law and a complete assassination of the democratic transition.” [Thank Obama for that. Obama is doing it here, but he's more subtle.] “
Illustration By Cameron Cardow
- Mass protests called against Egypt’s new ‘pharoah’ President Morsi (standard.co.uk)
- Morsi assumes sweeping powers, branded new pharoah (dawn.com)
- Egypt’s President Morsi Gives Himself New Powers (nytimes.com)
- Egypt’s Morsi grants himself far-reaching powers (politico.com)
“It is no longer the case, in other words, that every Islamist is seen as a potential accessory to terrorists. “the war on terror is over,” one senior State Department official who works on Mideast issues told me. “Now that we have killed most of al Qaida, now that people have come to see legitimate means of expression, people who once might have gone into al Qaida see an opportunity for a legitimate Islamism.”
Legitimate Islamism ? WTF ?
Thank goodness the State Dept. let us in on the secret . I’ll certainly breathe easier knowing that they have things well in hand .