” Beretta USA is threatening to leave Maryland over new gun control proposals, the Washington Post reports, and they would take hundreds of jobs along with them.
“Why expand in a place where the people who built the gun couldn’t buy it?” Jeffrey Reh, general counsel for Beretta, asked.
The Washington Post explains:
Beretta, the nearly 500-year-old family-owned company that made one of James Bond’s firearms, has already invested more than $1 million in the [civilian version of a machine gun designed for special operations forces] and has planned to expand its plant further in Prince George’s County to ramp up production. “
- Beretta: “There always seems to be a problem with Maryland.” (thepatriotperspective.wordpress.com)
- Gun-grabbers grabbing Beretta jobs: ‘Why expand in place where people who built the gun couldn’t buy it?’ (twitchy.com)
- Beretta to Leave Maryland if Gun Control Laws Pass (patdollard.com)
- Huge Turnout Wednesday In Maryland For Gun Rights (onlygunsandmoney.blogspot.com)
- Beretta’a “Trident” logo explained (thetravellinggourmet.wordpress.com)
- Beretta 93R: Another cool handgun you can’t own (VIDEO) (guns.com)