” Why are you not up in arms, New York Times and Washington Post? Why so quiet, Cleveland Plain Dealer and Sacramento Bee? Weekly newspaper editors, students at the Columbia School of Journalism, government employees who have quietly revealed wrongdoing to reporters – why are you not raising hell about what is happening to Fox News investigative reporter Jana Winter?
Winter is currently facing a jail sentence for refusing to reveal the sources who provided her with alleged Aurora shooter James Holmes’ notebook, which he had sent to a psychiatrist and which was”full of details about how he was going to kill people.” Holmes’ defense attorneys subpoenaed Winter to testify about who told her about the notebook and a Colorado judge has said that he will rule on April 10th whether Winter must reveal her source or face jail time for refusing to testify.
That Winter is even in this position should send a chill down the spine of anyone who has ever read a piece of investigative journalism.”
- The reporter in the middle of the Aurora shooting trial (cjr.org)
- A Fox News Reporter Could Be Jailed For Protecting Her Sources, And Nobody Seems To Care (buzzfeed.com)
- Fox News Reporter Faces Potential Jail Time For Refusing To Disclose Source (outsidethebeltway.com)
- INTERVIEW: Judith Miller on Court Threatening to Jail Fox News Reporter for Refusing to Reveal Source of James Holmes’ Notebook (foxnewsinsider.com)
- Fox reporter faces jail for refusing to reveal sources to Holmes’ attorneys (kdvr.com)
- Megyn Kelly Goes to Bat for Fox News Reporter Jana Winter: ‘She Protects You, She Writes for You, Not Anybody Else’ (foxnewsinsider.com)