” President Barack Obama is on the way to becoming a lame duck president, says Wall Street Journal columnist Peggy Noonan in an editorial.
He’s not there yet as anything can happen in his remaining 44 months in office to make him relevant, but he’s getting close, she says.
“He’s not a lame duck, he’s just lame,” the former Ronald Reagan speechwriter writes.
Noonan cites a litany of setbacks that have dogged Obama:
• “He couldn’t get a win on gun control with 90 percent public support;”
• “When he speaks on immigration reform you get the sense he’s setting it back;”
• “He’s floundering on Syria;”
• “The looming crisis on implementation of Obamacare has begun to fill the news. Even his allies are using the term ‘train wreck.’ Obamacare is not only the most slovenly written major law in modern American history, it is full of sneaked-in surprises people are just discovering;”
• His “sequester strategy — scare the American public into supporting me — flopped;”
• “Benghazi and what appear to be its cover-ups drag on and will not go away;”
• “The economy is stuck in low-growth, employment in no-growth.”
“The president seems incapable of changing anything, even in a crisis. He’s been scored as passive and petulant, but it’s the kind of passivity people fall into when nothing works.” “
Recognizing the truth now , five years too late , in no way restores your lost credibility Ms Noonan . Once a fool , always a fool .