Mrs David Gregory & DC AG Irvan Nathan *
Mr & Mrs David Gregory
After the letter was released, Legal Insurrection discovered that Attorney General Nathan had participated in a mock trial event at the Shakespeare Theatre in Washington, D.C. in April 2011 with Beth Wilkinson, the wife of David Gregory (who also was in attendance).
That raised the question as to whether there was any more extensive professional or social relationship, and whether the Attorney General should have recused himself from Gregory’s criminal investigation.
Former federal prosecutor William G. Otis wrote that that one event was enough to make recusal the better path given the nature of the case and the potential defendant, a position with which Paul Mirengoff agrees. “
* Photo Courtesy Of Legal Insurrection
- Why the D.C. Attorney General Should Have Recused Himself From The Gregory Case (powerlineblog.com)
- One Set Of Rules For Us , Another For The Nomenklatura (youviewed.com)
- Gregory’s wife knows D.C. attorney general and you don’t (utsandiego.com)
- David Gregory’s Wife Acted in Play with DC Attorney General (breitbart.com)
- DC Attorney General and Family Friend Decides Not to Prosecute Pal David Gregory (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Dangerous Messages: Excusing Aaron Schwartz, and the Unethical Non-Prosecution of David Gregory (ethicsalarms.com)
- D.C. attorney general confirms that law is for the little people. (althouse.blogspot.com)