Pictured: Boy, 8, Who Was Waiting To Give His Runner Father A Hug At Finish Line Is Named As One Of Three Boston Marathon Bombing Victims Along With Woman In Her Twenties While 144 Are Injured And 17 Left In Critical Condition
” An eight-year-old boy waiting at the finish line to give his father a hug was among three people killed and more than 144 injured when two explosions rocked the Boston Marathon.
Martin Richard was standing with his mother and sister, who both suffered horrific injuries when bombs hidden in rubbish bins exploded within seconds of each other during the Patriots’ Day bank holiday.
Boston police closed off the city as a ‘danger zone’ as witnesses described the ‘unspeakable horror’ of body parts flying through the air and shoes that ‘still had flesh in them’.
At least 17 of the injured are in a critical condition and it is thought as many as 30 victims may have needed amputations or major corrective surgery on maimed limbs.
Today, the United States remained on full alert after the worst terrorist outrage since the World Trade Centre towers were destroyed by hijacked jets on September 11, 2001.”
- Boston Marathon explosions: Terrorism investigation launched after deadly ‘bombings’ at finish line (metro.co.uk)
- Boston on Lockdown Following Blasts at Boston Marathon (essentialprepper.com)
- Boy aged EIGHT among three dead in Boston Marathon bombings that have left another 144 injured with 17 critical | dailymail [WATCH] (andrewazzopardi.org)
- Boy, 8, killed in Boston marathon blasts ‘after hugging dad on finish line’ (metro.co.uk)
- Investigators hunt for clues in Boston Marathon bombing – Reuters (reuters.com)
- Three Dead, At Least 130 Injured In Boston Marathon Bombings (forbes.com)
- Investigators scour video, photos for Boston Marathon bomb clues (timesofmalta.com)
- Boston Marathon bombings: Suburban apartment searched (cbsnews.com)