” There is nothing that gets my blood boiling more than someone who takes advantage of the elderly or disabled.
A Michigan man, who cares for his 98 year old grandmother, who has trouble seeing and hearing, became alarmed when the real time monitoring system he used to keep an eye on his grandmother became disconnected so he went to her home to investigate.
When he arrived, he found that thieves had forced their way into the home and stolen the laptop that he used to monitor his grandmother’s condition along with an ATV from the garage. He reported the crime to police, and fearing for this grandmother’s well being decided to spend the night. He also brought a shotgun along should the thieves return.
Tag Archive: Michigan
” According to IronMountainDailyNews.com, Two young men, aged 17 and 18, thought they would have an easy time robbing a gas station that was closed for the night.
The two men broke into the Michigan gas station just after 4am.
They did not realize that the owner was in the storeat the time.
The owner, an Iraq War vet, approached the suspects, kicked one to the floor and then retrieved an AR-15 style rifle he keeps in his office.”
” A massive explosion has been reported at a tar sands oil refinery in Detroit, Michigan on Saturday afternoon, prompting a mandatory evacuation order for parts of a nearby city.CBS Detroit reports that the blast occurred at the Marathon Detroit Refinery on South Fort Street. A thick cloud of black smoke rose into the clear afternoon sky and was visible for miles around
An evacuation order is in effect for parts of the neighboring suburb of Melvindale.”—
” Kickass. What would have happened to the man had he not had a gun?
FLINT, MI — An 80-year-old Flint man fired two shots at five male teenagers attempting to rob him Thursday, April 11 in the driveway of his Helber Street home.
The homeowner called police around 9:45 p.m. to the home and told officers he’d fired two shots at the suspects, who had guns, in self defense, according to a police report.”
- Armed 80-Year Old Drives Five Assailants from Property (breitbart.com)
- Armed Michigan man fights off five armed “teens” (topconservativenews.com)
” If you’ve ever felt the pain at the pump from filling up your tank and wanted to decry big oil, your anger would be misplaced.
That’s because a larger and larger chuck of change out of every gallon of gas you buy is tax going to the government.
Earlier this year, Wyoming increased its tax per gallon from 14 cents to 24 cents, the first increase the state has implemented in 15 years. The increased revenue is expected to raise $47.4 million for highway work, and goes into effect in July.
Governors of Pennsylvania, Maryland, Michigan and Vermont have also proposed raising the consumption tax on placed on gas. The state legislature in New Hampshire will hold a hearing Thursday to considering phasing in a 15-cent-per-gallon increase.”
- Gas prices climb higher in NH (wmur.com)
- Road funds on empty; more states weigh gasoline tax hikes (news.terra.com)
- Californians may pay nation’s highest gas taxes (kfwbam.com)
- It’s official: Gas tax going up (utsandiego.com)
- Petition against gasoline tax hike collects 4,000 signatures (vtdigger.org)
- Bill to end oil, gas tax holiday tabled (billingsgazette.com)
First off from Michigan we have toy soldier birthday cupcakes being confiscated
” In the latest incident of anti-gun hysteria to erupt in a school setting, officials at an elementary school in small-town Michigan impounded a third-grader boy’s batch of 30 homemade birthday cupcakes because they were adorned with green plastic figurines representing World War Two soldiers.
The school principal branded the military-themed cupcakes “insensitive” in light of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, reports Fox News Radio.
“It disgusted me,” Casey Fountain, the boy’s father, told Fox News. “It’s vile they lump true American heroes with psychopathic killers.”
Not to be outdone , the wise educators in South Philadelphia threaten to call the police on a 10 year old girl over a paper gun .
” A fifth grader at a South Philadelphia elementary school made the mistake of pulling out a gun constructed out of paper in class last week.
An official at D. Newlin Fell School searched the student, Melody Valentin, in front of her entire class, reports FOX 29. After the search failed to turn any more weapons (paper or non-paper), the staffer intensely scolded the little girl – also in front of the whole class.”
If you are thinking these are isolated incidents read on
” At Genoa-Kingston Middle School in northeast Illinois, a teacher threatened an eighth-grader with suspension if he did not remove his t-shirt emblazoned with the interlocking rifles insignia of the United States Marines. (RELATED: Junior high teacher tells kid to remove Marines t-shirt or get suspended)
At Park Elementary School in Baltimore, Maryland, a student was suspended for two days because his teacher thought he shaped a strawberry, pre-baked toaster pastry into something resembling a gun.(RELATED: Second-grader suspended for having breakfast pastry shaped like a gun)
At Poston Butte High School in Arizona, a high school freshman was suspended for setting a picture of a gun as the desktop background on his school-issued computer. (RELATED: Freshman suspended for picture of gun)“
We are paying for this nonsense … in more ways than one .
- Michigan Elementary School Confiscates “Insensitive” Cupcakes (dprogram.net)
- Cupcake Plastic Army Figures Declared “Insensitive” by School (earththreats.com)
- Marylandistan ain’t got Nothing on Michiganistan: School Confiscates “Insensitive” Cupcakes Because They Were Decorated With Toy Soldiers… (theconservativetreehouse.com)
- PC-Nazism Update! School Confiscates Cupcakes Decorated With Toy Soldiers (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- Cupcake Controversy: Topping Called ‘Insensitive’ (fox8.com)
- Parents Told to Remove Plastic Toy Soldiers From Son’s Birthday Cupcakes (foxnewsinsider.com)
- Girl scolded in class for paper gun (upi.com)
- Philadelphia girl searched, berated for having a gun made of paper at school (redalertpolitics.com)
- Stark Raving Mad? (statelymcdanielmanor.wordpress.com)
” ST. LOUIS (KMOX) - The American Civil Liberties Union wants to know what kind of military weaponry and tactics are being turned over to local police by the Department of Defense and Homeland Security.
The ACLU feels the surplus equipment, things like flash-bang grenades, shock cuffs, and tracking devices that are being handed down, are leading to more aggressive policing, especially in poor neighborhoods and neighborhoods of color.
John Chasnoff with the ACLU of Eastern Missouri describes an incident that happened in Michigan. “A S.W.A.T. team threw flash-bang grenades into a house then, when the S.W.A.T. team rushed in, they got confused and ended up killing a young girl who was sleeping on a couch.” “
This a very disturbing trend . It’s about time the ACLU shed it’s partisan blinders and participated in the discussion .
- ACLU questioning local police departments on usage of SWAT (kmov.com)
- Massive ACLU initiative aims to measure police state’s growth (rawstory.com)
- Cities continue to get ‘tanks’ they don’t need in nationwide police militarization trend (talesfromthelou.wordpress.com)
- Police Militarization Comes Under Nationwide Investigation (thelibertybeacon.com)
” Sen. Carl Levin, D-Mich., the longest-serving U.S. senator in Michigan history, announced Thursday he will not seek a seventh term next year.
Levin, 78, called it an “extremely difficult” decision but said he and his wife Barbara decided he can best serve Michigan and the nation “by doing my job without the distraction of campaigning for re-election.”
Among other issues, Levin, the chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, said he would concentrate on closing corporate tax loopholes that are a “drain on our treasury.” “
He won’t be missed . In typical statist fashion he sees individuals and businesses navigating the Byzantine tax code to keep as much of their EARNINGS as they can as a ” drain on our treasury ” .
The field is open … could there be a Republican Senator from Michigan ?
Feb. 26th 2013
” Saginaw Republican Sen. Roger Kahn is ushering the governor’s budget through the state senate, he is chairing a committee to scrounge up a few bucks to fix the roads, he’s also hammering away at ushering 400,000 uninsured folks into the Medicaid system and in his spare time he works as a heart doc.
Now he’s thinking about running against Carl Levin for the U.S. Senate.”
- Sen. Carl Levin will not seek re-election in 2014 (foxnews.com)
- Levin: ‘I Have Decided Not to Run for Re-Election’ (blogs.wsj.com)
- Michigan Sen. Carl Levin to retire (politico.com)
- Michigan Sen. Carl Levin Announces He Will Not Seek Re-Election (wnyc.org)
- Senate Armed Services Leader Levin Won’t Seek Re-Election (bloomberg.com)
” Is the governor caving to pressure from the suburbs? Detroit City President Charles Pugh said that’s a fact , as Rick Snyder on Friday declared a financial emergency in Detroit, setting the stage for a state takeover.
Pugh said, however, while there is pressure from outside the city, he’s certain there are people within Detroit who would welcome a state-appointed emergency financial manager.”
Because they’re doing such a good job on their own …
- As Car Companies Roar, Detroit Collapses (247wallst.com)
- Detroit in financial emergency says Snyder (clickondetroit.com)
- REPORT: State to take over City of Detroit… (wxyz.com)
- City Official: Review Team Will Recommend Emergency Manager For Detroit (huffingtonpost.com)
- State set to takeover Detroit city government (money.cnn.com)
” This past Thursday a male and female armed couple broke into an Inkster, Michigan tax business. Expecting money, the assailants were surprisingly met with a security guard who quickly retreated into to the back room of the office to grab his AR-15. Realizing they were outgunned, the armed robbers retreated.”
- Armed Robbers Met By AR-15 After Quick Thinking Security Guard Fires Shots (VIDEO) (americanlivewire.com)
- Watch Armed Robber Quickly Retreat When He is Met With an AR-15 (VIDEO) (guns.com)
- Camera Catches Moment Security Guard Uses an AR-15 To Fight An Armed Robbery (VIDEO) (americanlivewire.com)
- Memo to Piers Morgan: Here’s ANOTHER Example of an AR-15 Used for Self-Defense (thetruthaboutguns.com)
- AR-15-Wielding Security Guard Chases Off Robbers (nationalreview.com)
- Sacramento Is Short One Armed Robber … Thanks To Guns (youviewed.com)
- Another Two Bite The Dust … Or Two Out Of Three Ain’t Bad …Thanks To A Gun (youviewed.com)
” LG Chem Michigan, which received a $150-million federal grant in 2009 and more than $175 million in state and local tax relief, has not sold any battery cells to automakers, but has paid more than $1.6 million to workers who volunteered for animal shelters and charitable groups and watched movies and played video games or cards, according to a report an inspector general for the U.S. Department of Energy released today.
“We found that work performed under the grant to LG Chem Michigan had not been managed effectively,” wrote Gregory Friedman, the DOE inspector general. “Our review revealed that LG Chem Michigan inappropriately claimed and was reimbursed for labor charges incurred by a variety of supervisory and staff employees for activities that did not benefit the project.”
The department reimbursed the company for questionable labor costs incurred in the third quarter of 2012, but Friedman was unable to calculate the exact loss to the government because LG Chem Michigan did not track labor activities in detail.”
When it comes to scams , the most pertinent question to ask is ” Who Benefited ? “
Over a hundred million taxpayer dollars and no batteries yet ?
” Other findings included that:
• The plant has not yet made battery cells that could be used in electric vehicles sold to the public.
• Only about 60% of the capacity agreed to when the grant was received was constructed, even though nearly $142 million of $151 million of the Energy Department’s share of the project’s funding had been spent.
• LG Chem Michigan officials estimated that the government would need to spend $22 million more to complete the five production lines called for in the agreement, an amount that would significantly exceed the remaining funds available.
• LG Chem Michigan had significantly underestimated labor costs.
• Documentation to support the grant indicated that production of battery cells would transition from LG Chem’s South Korean facility to the Michigan plant beginning in 2012, but that didn’t happen.
• Fewer than half of the 440 expected jobs had been created to support the project.”
California Passes Sweeping New ‘Animal Abuse’ Laws That Give Government Massive New Powers Over Animal Ownership
Animal rights run amok …
” (NaturalNews) If you live in California and own pets or livestock, you could soon be criminalized as an animal abuser for things like letting your livestock roam on pasture or transferring ownership of rare-breed animals in a parking lot. Two new laws recently passed under the auspices of animal protection actually threaten to eliminate animal ownership throughout the state, as they re-categorize normal animal rearing methods as acts of abuse worthy of criminal fines and unwarranted seizure of said animals.
The bills are AB 1117 and SB 917, and they were passed under a shroud of secrecy. Those who knew about the bills were told they would protect animals from abuse. But upon closer investigation, AB 1117 and SB 917 were clearly designed to incriminate animal ownership and discourage livestock farming. SB 917, as it turns out, makes it a crime to both sell and give away animals on any street, highway, public right-of-way, parking lot, carnival or boardwalk, while AB 1117 gives full authority to humane and peace officers to seize and destroy animals without a warrant. “
For once it seems that California is behind the curve in this headlong dash towards human extinction …
” Such lunacy is not reserved to California, sadly, as numerous other U.S. states are pushing their own laws that would essentially criminalize animal ownership. As we reported back in 2012, the state of Michigan passed a not-so-cleverly disguised “Invasive Species Order” (ISO) that reclassified most rare-breed pig breeds as “feral,” and thus illegal. Beginning last April, the state actually went around with SWAT teams raiding local farms and shooting these rare-breed species (http://www.naturalnews.com/035372_Michigan_pigs_farm_freedom.html).And back in 2011, Illinois lawmakers tried to push House Bill 1166, which would have required pet owners to actually get a state-issued permit if they wished to possess more than six animals as pets. Included in this pet category, as explained in a Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council (PIJAC) report, were the usual cats and dogs, as well as fish. Thousands of Illinois residents with even one fish tank of fish, in other words, would have become criminals overnight (http://www.pijac.org)”.
” A bill proposed by 13 Republican senators in Michigan would seek to sidestep any new potential federal regulations regarding guns by granting an exception to any such laws for firearms made in the state itself. The bill would also exempt ammunition and gun accessories that were made in Michigan from federal regulation, according to reports by the Detroit Free Press and other media outlets on Friday.
The bill is scheduled for consideration by a state Senate committee this coming Wednesday. Some legal experts have already stated that the bill, if passed, may well be more of a “symbolic” gesture by state Republicans than a binding piece of legislation, according to the Detroit Free Press report.
According to a website that tracks copies of the “Firearms Freedom Act,” some version of the bill has already been introduced in approximately 22 states. An additional eight states have already passed their own version of the bill, including Tennessee, Montana, Idaho, South Dakota, Wyoming, Alaska, Arizona, and Utah.”
” If you question ten Right-to-Work supporters in Michigan, then you will find more than one who will profess some version of the sentiment that the United Auto Workers was “needed in the past, but has outlived its usefulness.” Those saying this may even generally agree with hard-line UAW apologists who believe the union “built the middle class” in the state of its birth. But while Big Labor needs this myth to make its case, it contradicts a big piece of the history. Indeed, the UAW’s real historical accomplishment may have been nearly destroying some of Michigan’s middle class.
Take Japan as the clearest example. Japan didn’t really begin building passenger carsuntil the 1960s, and the Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Association wasn’t born until 1967. But just ten years later, American automobile makers and the UAW were under siege from Japanese competition, failing to adapt, and by 1979 Chrysler was asking for the first of its federal bailouts.
The price of Michigan’s ties to the UAW, its paychecks for no work, its politics, and so much more has been that high. The winners are the newly-minted middle class auto workers working in foreign-named auto plants in other places, many of them Right to Work states like Alabama and Mississippi.
The impact of the Second World War built the middle class auto worker in Michigan, and the impact of Big Labor on Michigan has moved the home of the middle class autoworker elsewhere.”
- Michigan Stuns Labor as Blue Model Continues to Unravel (blogs.the-american-interest.com)
- Outside the Box: Michigan seeks new paradigm for job growth (marketwatch.com)
- How Does ‘Right-To-Work Affect Unions? (npr.org)
- Cagle Post – Political Cartoons & Commentary – ” Right-To Work In Michigan : 24 Down, 26 To Go (mbcalyn.com)
- Chrysler Had To Rehire The Workers Caught Getting Stoned During Lunch (jalopnik.com)
- Chrysler’s Drunk, Stoned Autoworkers Are Back Making Cars (thetruthaboutcars.com)
- Michigan Lawmakers Approve Union-Dues Measures Amid Protests (bloomberg.com)
- UAW Leader Slams Koch Brothers Over Right To Work Law (crooksandliars.com)
” The founder of Domino’s Pizza is suing the federal government over mandatory contraception coverage in the health care law.
Tom Monaghan, a devout Roman Catholic, says abortion and contraception aren’t health care but a “gravely immoral” practice.
He filed a lawsuit Friday in federal court. It also lists as a plaintiff Domino’s Farms, a Michigan office park complex that Monaghan owns.”
- Domino’s Pizza Founder Sues Feds Over ObamaCare (amresolution.com)
- Domino’s founder sues feds over health care law (heraldonline.com)
- Dominos Pizza Owner Sues Feds Over Obamacare Insistence He Violate His Religion (patdollard.com)
- Domino’s founder sues feds over health care law (foxnews.com)
- Domino’s Pizza Founder Sues Government Over Obamacare (thegatewaypundit.com)
For a progressive stronghold Michigan is sure leading the way in the fight for liberty . God bless them and here’s hoping that Governor Snyder doesn’t let the emotions of the day deter him from signing Senate Bill 59 into law immediately .
” Lawmakers in both the House and Senate approved Senate Bill 59 to allow concealed weapons in several gun-free zones Thursday, as well as doing away with county boards currently overseeing concealed pistol licensing.
“If you have pistol free zones they are actually mass murderer empowerment zones,” said Steve Dulan, attorney for the Michigan Coalition of Responsible Gun Owners, who represents sportsman clubs throughout Michigan backing the bill. “If you actually look at the history, even over the past 10 years in the U.S., you find that maybe all but one mass shooting has occurred in a so-called gun free zone.”
Michigan law currently prohibits concealed weapons in schools, churches, day cares, hospitals, dorms, casinos and any public entertainment venue able to hold more than 2,500 people. Violators can be charged a civil infraction with a $500 fine and six-month concealed pistol license suspension. Repeat offenses can lead to a four-year felony, $5,000 fine and concealed pistol license being revoked. “
- Michigan governor reviewing new gun bill; stance unclear (news.terra.com)
- Michigan gun owners with extra training could carry concealed weapons in schools under bill OK’d by House panel (mlive.com)
- Bill Expanding Concealed-Carry Access Enacted (detroit.cbslocal.com)
- BREAKING: Mass Shooting at Clackamas Town Center Mall (Gun-Free Zone) (thetruthaboutguns.com)
Teamster President Jimmy Hoffa Calls for Civil War, As Michigan Governor Signs “Right-To-Work” Into Law
” Jimmy Hoffa, president of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, said Tuesday he expects Michigan unions and lawmakers to break out into “civil war” after the state legislature passed right-to-work bills that would weaken unions’ power. “This is just the first round of a battle that’s going to divide this state.
We’re going to have a civil war,” Hoffa said in this cnn video.”
- Jimmy Hoffa: We’re Going To Have a “Civil War” in Michigan (minx.cc)
- Union TOAD Jimmy Hoffa predicts “Civil War” in Michigan (therightofway.net)
- Teamsters Boss Predicts “Civil War” in Michigan. (lunaticoutpost.com)
- Jimmy Hoffa Jr. Warns of “Civil War” After Michigan Governor Signs Right to Work into Law (Video) (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Jimmy Hoffa Warns Of “Civil War” As Michigan Governor Signs “Right-To-Work” Into Law (zerohedge.com)
Union Protesters Called Hot Dog Vendor “Uncle Tom” And “N*gger” But You Won’t Hear About It In The Mainstream Media
” The mainstream media is silent about the union violence in general because it does not fit their narrative, and the racist conduct of the union members is off limits. “Progressives” are spreading conspiracy theories that this all was staged.
We ask this question time and again — What if the Tea Party had done this?
” Clinton Tarver has been serving hot dogs to hungry locals in downtown Lansing, Mich., for the last five years, but a brush this week with a pro-union protest literally upended his small business in a matter of minutes.
During a protest against right-to-work legislation in Michigan’s capital, Tarver’s catering supplies were destroyed when demonstrators tore down the tent where he was serving and trampled his gear.
“Everyone that had a ticket I had given a hot dog to,” the 63-year-old owner of Clint’s Hot Dog Cart and Casual Catering told FoxNews.com. “So when two guys, one with a mask, came to get their hot dogs, I didn’t think anything of it because they had tickets and I was just there for a job.”
He described the action that ensued as “violent.” Only minutes after he’d handed the two men their hot dogs, the pair tore down the tent, turned over his serving tables, smashed his hot dogs, tossed a cooler filled with sodas and spilled his chili.
“I kept explaining that I was just here to do a job, that I wasn’t on anybody’s side, but when people started calling me racial slurs, my friend who works at the Capitol told me I had to get out of there, so I crawled out,” said Tarver, who is black.”
- Union thugs destroy Mich. hot dog vendor’s business, vendor remains gracious (twitchy.com)
- LABOR OF SHOVE:Hot Dog Vendor’s Gear Trashed at Union Protest (foxnews.com)
- Union Thugs Yell ‘Nigger Uncle Tom’ As They Destroy Clint Tarver’s Iconic Hot Dog Cart (mikesright.wordpress.com)
- Lansing business owner alleges racial abuse, loses equipment in Right to Work protests at state Capitol (mlive.com)
- The Naked Face Of Leftism: The Real Rascists Unmasked (thecampofthesaints.org)
- Union Goons Destroyed Man’s Hot Dog Cart While Calling Him ‘N*gger’ and ‘Uncle Tom’ (pjmedia.com)
- Black Businessman Targeted by Michigan Union Mob (moonbattery.com)
- Sorry Protesters: Your Jobs Are Being Sent To China And They Aren’t Coming Back (conservativeread.com)
- Fox News contributor punched in face at pro-union protests in Michigan (foxnews.com)
- union bastards.. (oforchristsakes.wordpress.com)
The pro-union broadcast networks are deliberately censoring footage of thuggish union violence directed at conservatives. If a Tea Partier had physically assaulted a liberal journalist or ripped down a structure occupied by a liberal organization all on video, the footage would be broadcast on an endless loop. ABC, CBS, and NBC have a responsibility to the American people to expose what’s really happening in Michigan. Their double standard is absolutely outrageous.”
“Spooked by the success Gov. Walker was having in reforming the state’s public sector unions, unions in MI hatched a plan to put an initiative on the November ballot. The initiative would enshrine public sector collective bargaining rights in the state constitution. GOP Gov. Rick Synder, who largely has governed as a moderate, warned the unions not to push the initiative. He even threatened to bring up the right to work (RTW) issue if they went forward with the ballot measure.”