” Comedians often aim their jokes at conservatives, but not this time. Comedian Jim Norton attacked Al Sharpton, host of MSNBC’s “Politics Nation,” and his network for hypocritically promoting racial and homophobic vitriol.
Norton criticized Sharpton and MSNBC while on Nov. 19’s HuffPostLive. He claimed that MSNBC exhibits a double standard where they accept certain offensive behavior by individuals such as Sharpton, but censor contributors like Alec Baldwin. He also attributed a similar hypocrisy to Hollywood’s conception of political correctness.
Norton, known for his popular radio show “Opie & Anthony,” get slamming Sharpton, saying he’s “been an absolute pig for many years, and he gets away with it because everyone’s afraid just to tell him exactly what a complete a**hole he is.”
When asked about MSNBC host’s Alec Baldwin’s recent homophobic remarks, Norton said that he had “no problem with Alec Baldwin.” Instead, his problem is “with MSNBC and they mete out punishment arbitrarily.” He criticized MSNBC for punishing Baldwin, while ignoring the “jackass” Al Sharpton. MSNBC’s recent blind eye towards Martin Bashir is certainly an example of this double standard.”
Tag Archive: MSNBC
Rich 1% Oprah, Your Racism Is Showing; Bashir’s War On Sarah Palin
Mr Dupree has the stones to take on a pair of the stupidest statements of the week that , had they been uttered by conservatives would have caused a major uproar and fueled demands for heads to roll , but since they were uttered by leftist darlings Oprah Winfrey and Martin Bashir the merit nary a raised eyebrow . Two of the mainstays of the Democratic party’s talking points , racism and the “war on women” have jumped the shark . Good for him for calling them both out .
” I appeared on NPR on Wednesday and was surprised to hear a caller say that Sen. Ted Cruz should be charged with sedition. “I’m really baffled by the fact that the discussion has not ever reached the point where charges of sedition should be brought up against him for conspiring and bullying others to work with him to undermine the American economy … full faith and credit,” the caller said. “He’s done so much damage to the standing of the United States in the world. And if you read the Sedition Act, it seems like it really applies.”
A colleague on the panel, the Wall Street Journal’s Sudeep Reddy, assured the caller, “There is no possibility of that.” And the conversation moved on. But it turns out that in a few corners of the left, there are activists who would like to see Cruz, along with other Republicans and conservatives who have expressed strong opposition to Obamacare, charged with inciting rebellion against the United States government.
After Cruz and former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin appeared together last weekend on the National Mall, MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow reported the event in front of a screen with pictures of Cruz and Palin and the title LATEST SEDITION. Maddow did not utter the word itself, but viewers certainly got the message.”
Here is a legal definition of :
” An insurrectionary movement tending towards treason, but wanting an overt act; attempts made by meetings or speeches, or by publications, to disturb the tranquillity of the state. The distinction between “sedition” and “treason” consists in this: that though the ultimate object of sedition is a violation of the public peace, or at least such a course of measures as evidently engenders it. yet it does not aim at direct and open violence against the laws or the subversion of the constitution. Alis. Crim. Law, 5S0. In Scotch law. The raising commotions or disturbances in the state. It Is a revolt against legitimate authority. Ersk. Inst 4, 4, 14. In English law. Sedition is the offense of publishing, verbally or otherwise, any words or document with the intention of exciting disaffection, hatred, or contempt against the sovereign, or the government and constitution of the kingdom, or either house of parliament, or the administration of justice. or of exciting his majesty’s subjects to attempt, otherwise than by lawful means, the alteration of any matter in church or state, or of exciting feelings of ill will and hostility between different classes of his majesty’s subjects. Sweet. And see State v. Shepherd, 177 Mo. 205. 76 S. W. 79, 99 Am. St. Rep. 624.”
The above words regarding the “crime” of sedition would seem to run quite contrary to the spirit of America in that they can easily be construed to prohibit any kind of disagreement in the political arena . The Left can revel in that language if they so choose , but the following words would seem to take precedence from an American point of view .
” When, in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the laws of nature and of nature’s God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security. “
The words above should be required reading these days and that is why the progressives have systematically tried to eliminate the instruction of American history in the indoctrination centers we refer to as public schools . For those of you who do not recognize the above words , they are the opening paragraphs of the document that changed the world , the Declaration of Independence.
” President Obama “obviously likes giving speeches more than he does running the executive branch,” Chris Matthews said tonight.
“What part of the presidency does Obama like? He doesn’t like dealing with other politicians — that means his own cabinet, that means members of the congress, either party. He doesn’t particularly like the press…. He likes to write the speeches, likes to rewrite what Favreau and the others wrote for the first draft,” Matthews said.”
” On Wednesday evening, CNN barely covered the congressional hearing on the Benghazi attack from earlier that afternoon. Instead, the network provided wall-to-wall coverage of the Jodi Arias trial verdict and the Cleveland kidnappings.
From the hours of 5 p.m. until 11 p.m. ET, CNN gave a whopping 4 hours, 9 minutes of coverage to the two crime stories, but a measly eight minutes to Benghazi — over 30 times more coverage. And three of CNN’s prime-time shows didn’t even mention Benghazi.
The 8 p.m. and 10 p.m. ET hours of Anderson Cooper 360 featured over one hour and twenty minutes of material on Arias and the Cleveland abduction, but not a second on the hearing. The 9 p.m. ET hour of Piers Morgan Live aired over 40 minutes on the two stories, but completely ignored the Benghazi hearing.”
Why Liberals Like Touré Love Racism
” AlfonZo Rachel examines the ugly, racist comments delivered by MSNBC’s Touré about Dr. Ben Carson. Hear what Touré said, and why Zo is outraged by MSNBC’s brand of liberal racism.”
” Pew Research has a new State of the Media 2013 report which finds that MSNBC’s output contains far more opinion than news. This chart shows the balance at all three cable networks:”
” The methodology Pew used was to survey stories and categorize them based on the percentage of information vs. opinion. Any story which contained 25 percent opinion or more was labeled commentary/opinion, while a story with less was labeled “factual reporting.” “
- MSNBC Coverage Almost Entirely Opinionated, While Fox News Includes More Factual Reporting, Study Says (mediaite.com)
- MSNBC Has Become Almost Entirely Saturated With Opinion, And Fox News Is Doing Much More Factual Reporting (businessinsider.com)
- MSNBC Channeling Mao (youviewed.com)
- Study Finds Fox News Spends Far More Time on ‘Factual Reporting’ Than…MSNBC (addictedtome.newsvine.com)
- Study: Fox Reports, MSNBC Decides (freebeacon.com)
- Pew study non-shocker: MSNBC dominated by opinion, not factual news; HuffPo shocked (twitchy.com)
- Guess which ‘news’ channel … isn’t news (wnd.com)
MSNBC’s ‘Lean Forward’ Ad Unwittingly Alludes to Communist ‘Great Leap Forward,’ Which Killed Millions of Chinese
” MSNBC’s newest ad features weekend host Melissa Harris-Perry unwittingly — or at least one hopes– referencing the Communist Chinese economic program known as the “Great Leap Forward” which left an estimated 18-45 million Chinese dead. The 30-second ad featuring Ms. Perry is narrated as follows:
No fight began just in the years preceding victory. The struggle for civil rights didn’t begin in the 1950s. African-Americans had been demanding representation since the 1880s. Women didn’t just start fighting for the vote in the 1920s. That began at the founding of this country. Immigrants to this country have been since its founding fighting for safe and legal status. It’s a change in the political climate that creates the moment for that great leap forward. The time has come. [See video after jump. MP3 audio here.]“
- Melissa Harris-Perry Admits: U.S. Military ‘Despised By Many Progressives’ (newsbusters.org)
- Melissa Harris-Perry shows viewers true ‘Harlem Shake’ (thegrio.com)
- Rewrite the Bible! (rightcogency.wordpress.com)
- Chinese communism: cause or club? (csmonitor.com)
- Feb. 9: Gloria Steinem, Marlo Thomas, Melissa Harris-Perry (tv.msnbc.com)
” NBC’s Chuck Todd had some unexpected criticism of Obama’s converted campaign arm Organizing for Action, which is raising $50,000 to $500,000 donations so interest groups can have special access to Obama.
Leading off the report, NBC’s Political Director Chuck Todd said the president’s actions have ‘rarely matched’ his words. It’s refreshing to see NBC concede this often-observed tendency.
Leading off the report, NBC’s Political Director Chuck Todd said the president’s actions have ‘rarely matched’ his words. It’s refreshing to see NBC concede this often-observed tendency.
A few examples of President Obama saying he will do one thing, before doing another:”
- Chuck Todd on OFA Fundraising: ‘This Just Looks Bad’ (freebeacon.com)
- Obamaworld full of lies (powerlineblog.com)
- RB Pundit Smokes NBC’s Chuck Todd on Sequestration Nonsense (shepherdspiehole.typepad.com)
- NBC’s Chuck Todd: Woodward is Now the ‘Spokesman for the Republicans’ (pjmedia.com)
- Chuck Todd on OFA Fundraising: ‘This Just Looks Bad’ (iowntheworld.com)
Does Feinstein Really Have ‘All the Police’ Backing Her ‘Assault’ Weapons Bill? One Former Cop Says No.
” Yesterday on MSNBC, California Democrat Sen. Dianne Feinstein made a startling claim. She claimed that “I think we’ve got all the police,” backing her latest “assault” weapons ban, adding that “we have all the mayors virtually.”
Is that true? Feinstein may have the support of most big city mayors, liberals like Michael Bloomberg foremost among them, but what about police officers?
This afternoon I spoke with former Rep. Sandy Adams (R-FL). Sandy Adams has one of the most interesting backgrounds of anyone in politics. She dropped out of school at age 17 to join the US Air Force. She married at 18, but that marriage turned out to be an abusive one. She ended up studying and becoming a deputy sheriff in the Orange County (FL) Sheriff’s Department. That was in 1985. She served in law enforcement for 17 years, losing her second husband in the line of duty in 1989. Her life and work propelled her to become an advocate for crime victims’ rights, which led her to study criminal justice, and eventually, politics. She spent eight years in the Florida House before her election to Congress.”
- Feinstein: ‘All the Police . . . All the Mayors’ Support My Assault-Weapons Ban (nationalreview.com)
- GOP Sen. Graham balks at gun bill after Newtown dad makes sobbing plea (vindy.com)
- Sen. Feinstein: Gun Owners Should Decide Between ‘Personal Pleasure’ and ‘General Welfare’… (redflagnews.com)
- Lawmakers Clash at Committee Hearing for Feinstein’s Assault Weapons Ban (VIDEO) (guns.com)
- Feinstein’s Stacked Deck Hearing Gets Under Way (thetruthaboutguns.com)
News Media Scrub Cop Murderer’s Manifesto of Pro-Obama, Hillary, MSNBC, CNN, Gay, and Anti-Gun Comments
” I’ve been following closely the news story about Chris Dorner, who is now suspected of murdering three people, including one police officer, and shooting another two police officers. He is targeting police and their families for what he says is a corrupt system that robbed him of his name and his life.
You can read all the details here.
However, I started noticing that some of the details the media was talking about didn’t fit the released manifesto I’ve read everywhere. Especially interesting, is that KFI’s morning news regurgitator Bill Handel had mentioned some pro-Obama comments and anti-NRA sentiments in the manifesto.
But these weren’t in the copy that KFI themselves released – see for yourself.
This video from FOX News Los Angeles reports that the manifesto was 22 pages long, while the manifesto released was only 11.”
Complete , unedited manifesto here
- MSM covers up Christopher Dorner’s hard-Left political views (twitchy.com)
- One honest blogger versus the entire media (legalinsurrection.com)
- Shocker. Cop-Killing Cop on the Run in California Is Leftist Freak & Big Obama Fan (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Suspected L.A. Cop Killer Posted Pro-Obama, Pro-Gun Control, Leftist Rant on the Web (Update: KTLA Whitewash) (iowntheworld.com)
- Suspected LA Cop Killer Posted Pro-Obama, Pro-Gun Control, Leftist Rant on the Web (pjmedia.com)
- MANHUNT: Multiple police agencies searching for former cop after double murder (mega949.com)
- Accused cop-killer left manifesto praising Obama, Hillary, Piers Morgan, gun control (hotair.com)
- (Alleged) Cop Killer Dorner: Man, I Love Obama. And His Wife’s Bangs Are Awesome (patterico.com)
” “They fired her for attracting too many minority viewers? And I thought Norman Lear changed television!!!! What the hell kind of retrograde backward-ass outfit is CNN running over there?! I haven’t seen this kind of outright racist thuggery since last night, ’round about 7:30, down by the Gatherin’ Bole at Skeeter’s Haller.”
If you ever wonder how in the hell Piers Morgan manages to stay on with his dollar-store ratings, well: Not too ethnic, if you know what I mean.”
- Report: CNN execs complained that audience for Soledad O’Brien’s show was “too ethnic” « (addictedtome.newsvine.com)
- Soledad O’Brien out at CNN? (hotair.com)
- Soledad O’Brien Just Heard Over Her Earpiece that Wikipedia Defines “Termination” as “a cessation, a stoppage; with respect to employment, a firing” (minx.cc)
- Did CNN Fire Soledad O’Brien Based on Race? (Update: Damage Control) (pjmedia.com)
- Soledad O’Brien Leaving CNN Morning Show, Replaced By Chris Cuomo (blackamericaweb.com)
- Soledad O’Brien’s fate at CNN unclear (wnd.com)
- Progressives of pallor alert! Soledad O’Brien’s CNN show nixed due to being ‘too ethnic’? (twitchy.com)
- CNN Reportedly Making Huge Morning Shakeup (huffingtonpost.com)
” MSNBC debating whether or not Barack Obama should be on Mount Rushmore is like a bunch of fat kids debating whether or not to eat cake. Just dispense with the formalities and start carving already.
Touré is not willing to put Obama on Mount Rushmore until he is done with his “fundamental transformation” of America, including gun control, immigration reform and gay rights. Touré is willing to get Clinton into the mix, though, “another great American president.” “
- MSNBC Expedites Propaganda: Obama Should Be On Mount Rushmore (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Obama is chiselling himself a space on Mount Rushmore (crikey.com.au)
- Sharpton: Is Obama Ready for Mt. Rushmore? (freebeacon.com)
- Is Barack Hussein Obama Worthy Of Mount Rushmore Addition…… (theobamacrat.com)
- Chisel Obama into Rushmore, Says National Journal Writer (nationalreview.com)
- Unbelievable!… Al Sharpton: Is Obama Ready for Mt. Rushmore? (Video) (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Bill Lucey: Is President Barack Obama Bound for Mount Rushmore? (huffingtonpost.com)
Poll Results As Of 11:53 am Saturday , January 12th
Somehow we doubt that these are the results MSNBC Was Hoping For .
” Retired Gen. Stanley McChrystal joined the growing ranks of talking heads speaking out on the current gun-control debate on MSNBC. McChrystal appeared on the show to talk about his new memoir ”My Share of the Task” but was quite clear about his position on the private ownership of weapons such as M4-style carbines. McChrystal was the commander of U.S. forces in Afghanistan before he resigned in the wake of a scandalous Rolling Stones article in 2010. I’m surprised he didn’t side-step the issue.”
What kind of army officer doesn’t support our constitutional liberties ? This is a clear demonstration of the PC rot that has infested the upper echelons of all sectors of government including the military . Seeing this blatant statism from a supposed defender of our freedoms has to make one wonder where the Army’s loyalties will lie when the SHTF .
- McChrystal: Assault Rifles Aren’t for Civilians (newser.com)
- McChrystal Wants “Serious Look” at New Gun Controls (thepage.time.com)
- TRAITOR: Gen. McChrystal Throws Weight Behind Effort to Ban Firearms [W/ VIDEOS] (secretsofthefed.com)
- Tree-Hugging Peacenik Gen. Stanley McChrystal Calls For More Gun Control (thedailydolt.com)
- Former Gen. McChrystal: Assault rifles are for battlefields, not schools (tv.msnbc.com)
- McChrystal backs ‘serious’ gun laws (funandgood.com)
- Stanley McChrystal on the intersection of politics and the military (video) (washingtonpost.com)
- McChrystal backs ‘serious’ gun laws (washingtonpost.com)
- McChrystal has the solution… (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)
” It’s hard to see how press coverage of President Obama’s re-election bid could have gotten any more biased, but a new report shows the media managed to outdo themselves the week before voters went to the polls.
The Pew Research Center‘s latest analysis puts hard numbers against the claim that the press went out of its way to get Obama re-elected.
According to the report, after months of positive press, “Obama’s coverage improved dramatically” in the crucial final week of the campaign.
In fact, 29% of the stories about Obama that week were positive and just 19% were negative. At the same time, a third of the stories about Mitt Romney were negative, and just 16% were positive.
When it comes to bias, MSNBC is in a league of its own, Pew found. It ran zero negative stories about Obama and zero positive stories about Romney in that last week. “
Illustration By Bob Gorrell
- MSNBC’s Bias Against Mitt Romney Was Astonishing (businessinsider.com)
- Pew: Positive media coverage of Obama surged in campaign’s final week (thehill.com)
- MSNBC Did No Negative Stories About Obama or Positive Ones About Romney Last Week of Campaign (redalertpolitics.com)
- Pew: MSNBC more negative than Fox (politico.com)
”The New York Post reported Egyptian-American columnist Mona Eltahawy has been arrested for defacing an anti-Muslim ad in the New York subway system. The video shows her spraying pink paint on the ad while a supporter of the ad tries to block her. She’s a journalist for censorship.
Eltahawy, a former Reuters correspondent, has been a recent favorite of CNN and MSNBC’s weekend morning shows to discuss Egypt, and she often smears together the Islamist “right wing” and the American right wing, as she did on Melissa Harris-Perry just 11 days ago :