Bare in mind that Damon’s movie was at least partially underwritten by one of the oil producing dictatorships of the mideast … United Arab Emirates
” The analysis and other health assessments have been closely guarded by Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo and his administration as the governor weighs whether to approve fracking. Mr. Cuomo, a Democrat, has long delayed making a decision, unnerved in part by strident opposition on his party’s left. A plan to allow a limited amount of fracking in the state’s Southern Tier along the Pennsylvania border is still seen as the most likely outcome, should the drilling process receive final approval.
The New York governor is considered to be a potential 2016 contender. Cuomo has known about the report for months as he considered approving fracking. Fracking is a difficult issue for a Democrat considering a presidential future.
News of the report comes as Hollywood takes a tough stand on the issue.Matt Damon’s Promised Land, a movie about local, rural resistance to fracking, was released in December. The movie has not been received well and is currently rated “rotten.” “
Also bare in mind that fracking isn’t new :
” Since Stanolind Oil introduced hydraulic fracturing in 1949, close to 2.5 million fracture treatments have been performed worldwide. Some believe that approximately 60% of all wells drilled today are fractured. Fracture stimulation not only increases the production rate, but it is credited with adding to reserves—9 billion bbl of oil and more than 700 Tscf of gas added since 1949 to US reserves alone—which otherwise would have been uneconomical to develop.
In addition, through accelerating production, net present value of reserves has increased. Fracturing can be traced to the 1860s, when liquid (and later, solidified) nitroglycerin (NG) was used to stimulate shallow, hard rock wells in Pennsylvania, New York, Kentucky, and West Virginia. Although extremely hazardous, and often used illegally, NG was spectacularly successful for oil well “shooting.” The object of shooting a well was to break up, or rubblize, the oil-bearing formation to increase both initial flow and ultimate recovery of oil. This same fracturing principle was soon applied with equal effectiveness to water and gas wells.”
- Fracking Is Safe, NY State Health Department (independentsentinel.com)
- Desperately Needed Jobs For Upstate … But Will They Be Allowed To Be Created ? (youviewed.com)
- Anti-Fracking Film Produced with Abu Dhabi Oil Money (cnsnews.com)
- Stunning Revelation: Matt Damon’s Anti-Fracking Propaganda Film ‘Promised Land’ Was Financed With Arab Oil Money (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- Fracking industry draws closer in Illinois (sj-r.com)
- Leaked Report, Suppressed by Cuomo, Says Fracking is Safe (pjmedia.com)
- Is Cuomo stalling on declaring fracking safe for New York? (hotair.com)
- Fracking Safe in NY State, Says Leaked Report (blogs.the-american-interest.com)