” A UK couple had their three foster children taken away after social workers decided that the couple’s support for the supposedly “racist” policies of the UK Independence Party (Ukip) made them “unsuitable” caregivers, The Telegraph reports.
For those of you who are unfamiliar with the Ukip, it’s the conservative wing of British politics. If you want an understanding of the group’s principles, look no further than Nigel Farage, founding member and party leader:
“It is total and utter failure. This ship, the euro Titanic has now hit the iceberg and sadly there simply aren’t enough life boats,” said Farage, an infamously skeptical critic of the eurozone, to the European Parliament.
The Ukip advocates lower taxes, limited government, freer markets, and immigration reform. However, to certain social workers in the Labour-controlled Rotherham borough, supporting the above makes you an “unsuitable” foster parent.
The parents claim they were made to feel like criminals and that they had a “black mark” on them for supporting the conservative group. And now it has culminated in the loss of their foster children, one boy and two girls. “
- UKIP couple lose foster children (bbc.co.uk)
- Ukip fury over foster children move (standard.co.uk)
- You: Row over Ukip foster parents’ children removed by social workers (guardian.co.uk)
- Ukip fury after foster children removed from family who are party members (independent.co.uk)
- Council defends taking foster children away from UKIP members – Telegraph.co.uk (telegraph.co.uk)
- Investigation launched into why couple’s foster children were taken from them ‘after they joined Ukip’ (dailymail.co.uk)
- Fury as Rotherham council takes children from foster parents because they’re in Ukip (yorkshirepost.co.uk)
- UK couple had foster children taken away by council on grounds they were members of ‘racist’ UKIP party – @Telegraph (telegraph.co.uk)