” In CT you have to get a permit just to purchase a firearm.
In December state police, who are responsible for processing the background checks for those permits, had a fairly normal backlog of around 1,000 pending background checks.
Now, just over 4 months later, and following the Newtown shooting and the passage of extremely strict new gun laws, that backlog has grown to over 60,000, an increase of around 6,000%
There are several reasons for the massive increase. One, part of the new gun control package passed by CT last month included an “effective immediately” provisions which now requires a background check for rifle and shotgun sales as well as handguns.”
Tag Archive: Newtown
” This article is part of a series on Guns in America that explores the use of firearms in our country and the debate over gun control.
Since the shootings in Newtown, Connecticut, one of the major responses has been to increase restrictions on gun rights, presumably to reduce the probability that a mass shooting will take place.
But what if their proposed methods for doing so are unconstitutional? That’s the argument advanced by some experts on constitutional law, who argue that the landmark cases of District of Columbia v. Heller and McDonald v. Chicago protect against the most controversial ideas being proposed, such as an assault weapons ban. Moreover, even some renowned liberal experts on the same law law admit that the tools available to the government are limited.
Key questions in the debate are: Can the government ban assault weapons without violating the Constitution? If so, why? To answer these questions, TheBlaze spoke to legal authorities on both sides of the ideological divide, including some truly famous names within the realm of constitutional law. What we found may surprise you.
A Teaser To Pique Your Interest …
” On these grounds, at least one expert would toss out assault weapons bans entirely. That expert, Randy Barnett of Georgetown Law Center, explained his reasoning to theBlaze via phone:
“When you get down to specifics, I think some of the easier cases for finding unconstitutionality is the assault weapons ban, which bans a weapon in common use, which is the phrase that Heller used to describe the weapons that are protected by the Second Amendment,” Barnett told TheBlaze. “There’s hardly a weapon that’s in more common use than the AR-15 so-called assault weapon. I say so-called, because we all know this is a made-up category. They don’t fire any faster than a constitutionally protected handgun fires, and it’s typically less lethal than a handgun.” “
” Four months after the shooting rampage at Sandy Hook Elementary School, a USA TODAY Poll finds support for a new gun-control law ebbing as prospects for passage on Capitol Hill seem to fade.
Americans are more narrowly divided on the issue than in recent months, and backing for a bill has slipped below 50%, the poll finds. By 49%-45%, those surveyed favor Congress passing a new gun-control law. In an NBC/Wall Street Journal poll in early April, 55% had backed a stricter gun law, which was down from 61% in February.”
Tugging at the heartstrings and attempting to “never let a crisis go to waste” failed this time around .
“So much of the support for gun control is emotional, following the Newtown tragedy,” says Stuart Rothenberg, editor and publisher of the non-partisanRothenberg Political Report. The December shooting at the Connecticut school left 20 children and six adults dead. “The longer you get away from there, people start thinking of other issues. They start thinking about terrorism or jobs or immigration, and not surprisingly, then some of the momentum behind gun control starts to fade.”
The Boston Marathon bombings last Monday also may have had an effect, he speculates. “It wouldn’t be shocking if people sitting in their homes in Massachusetts cities and towns thought to themselves, ‘Boy, I wish I had something to protect myself with if a terrorist came through the door now.’”
Odd isn’t it , that nowhere in this article do we find mention of the astronomical ” 90% support” for new gun laws claim so recently trumpeted from on high by our lord and savior Barack and his minions in the MSM ? More pie in the sky BS , more lies …
” Senator Chris Murphy (D-CT) has a great new idea for gun control grandstanding: call on Rupert Murdoch to cancel a NASCAR race sponsored by the NRA this weekend. Murphy claims the National Rifle Association sponsorship would be “inappropriate in the immediate wake of the Newtown massacre.”
The “immediate wake” of Newtown? The shooting occurred in December. When does the “immediate wake” end? 2014? 2018? Never?
The race is to be held at the Texas Motor Speedway, which as the reader might surmise, is not located in Connecticut. Murphy doesn’t seem interested in rational discourse, as CNN relates his letter to Murdoch:
“The race not only brings national attention to an organization that has been the face of one side of this heated debate, it also features the live shooting of guns at the end of the race,” Murphy wrote to Rupert Murdoch, the chairman and chief executive of News Corporation, which owns the Fox network where the race will be broadcast.
“I would like to make a similar challenge to you,” Murphy told the media mogul in his letter Thursday. “You should play a constructive role in our national dialogue by refraining from broadcasting the NRA 500. By airing this race you will be strengthening the brand of a radical organization that is currently standing in the way of meaningful progress on this issue.”
So much for all the balloon juice about how much Democrats “respect your Second Amendment rights” and want to be best pals with “responsible gun owners” and “responsible hunters.” That’s what the NRA is. For months, Democrats have called for a “national conversation on guns,” but it turns out people who join that conversation on the “wrong” side can’t even sponsor a NASCAR race.
Murphy is making a totalitarian effort to read the NRA completely out of society. Conveniently enough, once you’ve been designated an unspeakable monster, it is no longer necessary to salute your “rights” or take your dissent seriously.
If you don’t like the word “totalitarian,” well, stop running around and being totalitarian, gun control nuts. Asserting that no one can dissent from your agenda in good faith, and must obey your commands without complaint, is a totalitarian impulse. So is using human props to make “arguments” that no one is allowed to refute, without being accused of monstrous insensitivity.”
- Don’t air NRA race, senator asks Rupert Murdoch (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Promoters want April 13 NASCAR race focused on racing, not debating gun control (star-telegram.com)
- Dem Senator Wants Fox Not To Broadcast NRA-Sponsored NASCAR Race (connecticut.cbslocal.com)
- Don’t you dare air NRA-sponsored NASCAR race, says CT senator (tv.msnbc.com)
- CT Sen. Murphy to Rupert Murdoch: Don’t Televise NRA-Sponsored NASCAR Race (thetruthaboutguns.com)
- Connecticut Senator Urges Rupert Murdoch: Don’t Broadcast NASCAR Race Sponsored By ‘Radical’ NRA (mediaite.com)
- Senator Tells NASCAR It’s Business (youviewed.com)
- TMS wants NRA 500 to be about racing, not guns (star-telegram.com)
- NRA – NASCAR @ Texas Motor Speedway (youviewed.com)
- NASCAR names new race NRA 500, Liberal whiner contracts Accute Offendeditis (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
The ATF Revokes Firearm License From The Gun Shop That Sold Adam Lanza’s Mother The Bushmaster “Assault Weapon” But Won’t Say Why
” Shortly after the killings the federal government raided Riverview Gun Sales and now the ATF has revoked the firearm permit from the gun shop. The question is why, but the ATF is silent. Here is what the owner of the gun shop had to say:
There is nothing more devastating than the loss of a child,” LaGuercia said in a statement in December. “We are absolutely appalled that the product that we sold several years ago would be used in this type of horrendous crime. Our hearts go out to the victims and the families
From all accounts Riverview Gun Sales legally sold this weapon to a law abiding citizen so it sees as though an explanation is due because this seems highly unusual.”
- Gun Shop Owner’s Store That Sold Gun To Nancy Lanza Raided by ATF License Revoke (planet.infowars.com)
- Gun shop that sold Newtown weapons loses federal firearms license (americanthinker.com)
- Feds Close Gun Shop That Sold to Lanza (drudge.com)
- Shop that sold gun to Lanza’s mom loses license (foxnews.com)
- Gun Shop That Sold Firearm To Newtown Shooter’s Mom Has Gun License Revoked – Feds Don’t Say Why (infiniteunknown.net)
- Shop that sold gun used in Newtown school shooting loses firearms license – @cnnbrk (cnn.com)
” Some of the most compelling voices in the current debate over gun violence are those who have been touched by it, particularly the parents of the twenty children slain at Sandy Hook Elementary School on December 14. It’s strange, then, that one of those parents, Mark Mattioli, has simultaneously been white-washed and virtually blacked out of the media’s post-Newtown coverage. While endorsing the NRA’s plan to arm school personnel Tuesday, Mr. Mattioli urged people to put politics aside, but it appears as though his politics may be a factor in the media’s treatment of him.
At a press conference to roll out the NRA’s 225-page report on school safety, Mark Mattioli praised the plan, and said “I think politics needs to sort of be set aside here, and I hope this doesn’t you know, lead to name-calling. But rather, this is recommendations for solutions. Real solutions that will make our kids safer.””
Mr Mattioli’s speech before the Connecticut legislature
” Even as momentum for new gun legislation wanes in Washington, lawmakers across the country are fashioning their own response to the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School, resulting in a patchwork that tightens restrictions in some places and eases them in others.
While varied, the measures show how much more nimble states can be than the federal government.
California, New York and Connecticut, the scene of the school shooting, are among those that have moved to stiffen already tough gun laws. Many more, including Ohio, Michigan and Arkansas, have acted to protect the rights of gun owners and make it easier to possess a firearm.
The result is a significant disparity between states — some side by side — as President Obama pushes for new federal gun controls.”
” Here is the quote from the White House transcript of the event.
Now, over the next couple of months, we’ve got a couple of issues: gun control. (Applause.) I just came from Denver, where the issue of gun violence is something that has haunted families for way too long, and it is possible for us to create common-sense gun safety measures that respect the traditions of gun ownership in this country and hunters and sportsmen, but also make sure that we don’t have another 20 children in a classroom gunned down by a semiautomatic weapon – by a fully automatic weapon in that case, sadly.”
Revealed: The Never-Before-Seen Photo Of Newtown Killer Adam Lanza And The College Records Which Show He Refused To Identify His Own Gender
” A never-before-seen photograph of Newtown killer Adam Lanza has emerged, along with college records which include new information about the gunman including that he refused to identify his own gender when asked to do so in college documents.
Lanza attended Western Connecticut State University for less than a year after his mom withdrew him from Newtown High School when he still only 16.
When asked his gender on a student background information form, Lanza wrote ‘I choose not to answer.’ “
” Video gaming loner:
Police said they found a smashed computer hard drive and a gaming console in Lanza’s bedroom.
And an unnamed source told investigators that Lanza was an avid gamer who obsessively played video games and was a loner.
The ‘citizen witness’, whose name is redacted in the documents, told investigators Lanza ‘rarely leaves his home’.
They added Lanza was ‘a shut in and an avid gamer who plays Call of Duty, amongst other games.’ “
” Terrifying Inventory: What police found during their investigationAt the school:
- 1 Bushmaster .223 caliber model XM15 rifle with a 30-round magazine
- 1 Glock 10mm handgun
- 1 9mm Sig Sauer P226 handgun
- 1 Saiga 12 shotgun with two magazines containing 70 rounds
- 6 30-round magazines, three of them emptied
At the home:
- A gun safe that belonged to Nancy Lanza that was open with no evidence that it was broken into to
- 1,400 rounds of ammunition in different locations across the house
- Several rifles, handguns and shot guns including an Enfield Albian bolt-action rifle, a Savage Mark II rifle, a BB gun and a .22-caliber Volcanic starter pistol
- Three Samurai swords, ten knives
- One seven-foot-long spear
- One bayonet
- Three photographs of an unknown dead person covered in plastic and blood
- A military style uniform inside Lanza’s bedroom
- National Rifle Association certificate’s for Nancy and Adam Lanza*
- A holiday card with a check made out to Adam Lanza for the purchase of a CZ-83 handgun (firearm), authored by Nancy Lanza.
- Seven of Lanza’s personal journals
- An NRA guide to the basics of shooting
- A book entitled ‘Look at Me: My Life with Asperger’s and another book, ‘Born on a Blue Day: Inside the Mind of an Autistic Savant’
- A New York Times article about the 2008 Northern Illinois University shooting
- A damaged computer hard drive
- Sandy Hook report card for Adam Lanza
- His mother Nancy was discovered in her room with one gun shot wound to the head and a rifle lying on the bed next to her “
* (Editor’s note : What might these alleged certificates be ? As a life/endowment member for over 4 decades I’ve never received any kind of certificate for membership and if they were for some instructional course given by the NRA the reason would be self-evident on the certificates and could be revealed to the press instead of a vague reference to the NRA .
- Sorry Liberal Media… Adam Lanza Was Not an NRA Member (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Hey Foreign Nutbag Piers Morgan, Adam Lanza Was Not A NRA Member.. Nice Try (patdollard.com)
- Sandy Hook: New Information Sparks More Unanswered Questions (intellihub.com)
- Warrants reveal more information about Adam Lanza.. (usahitman.com)
- What Police Found in Adam Lanza’s Home (pbs.org)
- Newtown Gunman’s Academic Records Released (nbcnewyork.com)
- Guns, books flesh out portrait of Newtown killer (usnews.nbcnews.com)
- Newtown Gunman’s Academic Records Released (nbcmiami.com)
- Newtown family that escaped horrors of Sandy Hook loses house in fire ? SILENCE, or ELSE ! (tatoott1009.com)
” Adam Lanza stayed at home mostly, a witness said, playing video games such as “Call of Duty.”
But on December 14, 2012, he went out — armed with 10 30-round magazines for his semiautomatic Bushmaster .223 caliber model XM15 rifle and bullets for his two handguns and a shotgun.
Lanza didn’t make it home alive. Nor did the 26 people — 20 of them schoolchildren ages 6 and 7 — he shot dead in less than five minutes, firing one bullet roughly every two seconds he was at Sandy Hook Elementary School.
These were among the details spelled out Thursday in five search warrants and other material tied to the grisly shooting at the Newtown, Connecticut, school, as well as in a statement from a local top prosecutor. Together, the newly released documents help paint a clearer picture of what happened.
What they don’t explain is why Lanza did it.
The timing of this release of new “details” strikes us as especially fortuitous for the gun control crowd coming as it does in the midst of a failing effort to capitalize on the story a la Rahm Emanuel’s ” never let a crisis go to waste”.
“ All things being equal, New York State’s infamous new gun laws will go down in history as a prime example of the folly of hysterical calls to action; and Governor Andrew Cuomo, who led the chase for the measures, will join them in disgrace. After 20 children were killed in Newtown, Conn., last December, progressives saw a golden opportunity to reverse the liberalizing tide of recent firearms law and leverage the national outrage in favor of long-desired gun-control codes. Freed by his reelection, the president declared, in an increasingly tiresome formulation, “Now is the time to do the right thing for our children, our communities, and the country we love.” In Albany, it appears that the governor took him literally.
Legislation cast in the wake of tragedy invariably carries with it the stench of the mob, and when it’s contrived in haste to protect “the children,” this is doubly so. Parliaments and institutions might protect us from the sight of angry, rash, pitchfork-wielding villagers in search of blood, but, however sanitized our politics have become, the impulse of rabble-rousing politicos is the same: Something must be done, it must be done right this second, and all naysayers are on the side of the monster. Wise men understand this, and they act to cool passions. Andrew Cuomo, we have learned in recent months, is not a wise man. His signature now adorns a law that has proven unworkable from start to finish. Next time we are told that we cannot wait for democracy or reflection to soothe passions, we might remember the course that New York has taken.”
- Cuomo’s 7-Bullet Limit to Be Suspended Indefinitely, Skelos Says (bloomberg.com)
- NY Governor Andrew Cuomo Takes Aim At His Own Gun Law (amresolution.com)
- Cuomo: That gun law I signed turned out to be utterly unworkable, huh? (hotair.com)
- Andrew Cuomo Re-creates Nazi Germany in New York: Spy on Your Neighbors and Turn Them in for a $500 Reward (onecitizenspeaking.com)
- Andrew Cuomo Realizes He Mandated Gun Magazines That Don’t Exist (reason.com)
- Big Part of Cuomo’s Gun Ban Law Removed in New Bill (libertynews.com)
- NRA affiliate files lawsuit against state gun law (newsday.com)
” President Obama gave his weekly address and revisited the Newtown tragedy in an appeal to Congress to pass universal background checks, restrictions on private gun sales, and the assault weapons ban.
Adam Lanza planned his grisly murders for years, and if it weren’t a ‘military-style’ rifle, it would have been something else, like fire or explosives. Are we going to ban fire too? Because in 2009 there were over 58,000 arsons, costing an average of $17,411 each in damage. According to the U.S. Fire Administration, there are an average of 375 deaths each year from arson, which is also more than those killed by all rifles.”
- FBI: Gun background checks peaked after Newtown tragedy (cbsnews.com)
- Obama urges vote on assault weapons ban (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Obama urges assault weapons vote despite Senate decision to drop ban (redalertpolitics.com)
- NRA gains upper hand on Obama (thehill.com)
- Senate Assault Weapons Ban Dies (frontpagemag.com)
- White House will not rest on gun laws, Biden vows (voicerussia.com)
- Both sides of gun debate make public appeals (cnsnews.com)
The Sandy Hook Shooting No kids got killed proof UPDATE
” How do Connecticut residents feel about the crackdown on the Second Amendment? Well, there are people from both sides making passionate arguments on the issue, however, one gentleman last week was able to make a particularly persuasive case against more gun control and in favor of the U.S. Constitution.
Meet Robert Steed, a resident of Vernon, Conn. who took three days straight off work to attend several gun control hearings in Connecticut. On March 14, Steed was more “aggravated” than usual with lawmakers and he let them know it in his fiery testimony, telling them that they were “coloring outside the lines of constitutional parameters.”
” The reason that your jobs are becoming so difficult is because you’re coloring outside the lines of constitutional parameters,” Steed shot back. “That’s the bottom line. You are trying to marriage up public safety with constitutional rights. The Constitution did not guarantee public safety, it guaranteed liberty. And sometimes what comes with liberty is tragedy, unfortunately.” “
- Are Americans able to arrest a dictatorial president, dictatorial members of parliament, dictatorial judges and justices? Yes we can: Absolutely! (ofthehighest.wordpress.com)
- Connecticut gun maker stages rally against state gun control proposals (foxnews.com)
- Colt stages rally against state gun control proposals (beowulfjournal.wordpress.com)
- Sandy Hook School Father: You Will Have To Take My Guns From My Cold Dead Hands (patdollard.com)
- Sandy Hook Father Bill Stevens Speaks at CT Gun Violence Prevention [W/ VIDEOS] (secretsofthefed.com)
” The shooter is dead and the prosecutor handling the case has said he does not expect any charges.
Yet authorities are continuing to keep search warrants and police records secret. Media outlets have pressed for the release of more records, which could shed light on a crime that has revived the national debate over gun control and could change the way guns are regulated.
News media advocates say the records should be unsealed, arguing the public has a right to see such records, which include what was found in the house and car. They say records may be sealed only when an investigation would be hurt by disclosure.
“There seems to be absolutely no reason that they would need to. It’s not going to jeopardize the case in any way,” said Linda Petersen, chairwoman of the Freedom of Information Committee of the Society of Professional Journalists.”
- Conn. massacre records secret, media seek access (newsday.com)
- Conn. massacre records secret, media seek access (heraldonline.com)
- “The news” (notjustanarmywife.com)
- Police.us.org Reveals Police Records Are a Top Reason for Gun License… (prweb.com)
This was emailed to us from a friend and as we assembled the post we came upon the source of the editorial . Rather than toss the piece we decided to post it in it’s entirety with a link to the author and hope that he does not object .
” I was just about to publish my latest editorial as promised, on Canada’s Supreme Court Decision to suspend Freedom of Speech, in favor of promoting one language over all others.
THEN THE CONNECTICUT SCHOOL-SHOOTING HAPPENED.
Next to language issues in Canada, and a failed Judicial System in both of our countries, what happened in Connecticut takes precedence
.I won’t waste words describing my feelings, because how I feel about as many as, and maybe more than 26 people murdered, including 18 children is indescribable.
BUT I WILL TELL YOU WHY IT HAPPENED:It didn’t happen because of the so-called gun culture, or because of poor security at the school.
It happened because of the modern LEFTIST culture that has removed all semblances of personal responsibility and respect.
It happened because of the Hollywood and television types who lecture the Conservatives on how people should live, while they make FORTUNES producing absolute FILTH in their movies and on television programs.
It happened because of reality television shows that demean humanity. And shows that make people laugh at the pain and humiliation of others.
It happened because multi-millionaire computer game producers create UGLY digital scenarios that poison young minds with abject and gratuitous violence.
It happened because the school system doesn’t teach values, and promotes the idea that everything goes. And that all people are equal regardless of the truth. And that no one ever fails.
It happened because LEFTISTS won’t allow concerned and loving parents to discipline their children, or raise their children the way they want to.
It happened because far too many Liberals spend far too much time and effort ridiculing and attacking people who want to live by the lessons of the Bible and the Torah.
In truth . . . this and other horrible acts of violence happen, because our society from our entertainment industry, to schools, to the media, and our governments have created the social and cultural foundation that is eating away at our countries like a cancer.
I know that what I just wrote WILL inflame those on the LEFT, and that’s OK, because if they don’t like it . . . they can ROT in HELL along with the demons of their own creation.
I want my old country values back . . .
. . . when we stood in school when an adult entered the room. When we were really disciplined for bad behavior. When we were measured by our successes and failures. When not everyone had to waste years of his or her life in college studying basket weaving instead of taking a trade course, or going to work right after finishing high school. When your mom was a woman and your dad was a man. And when there weren’t vulgar parades extolling the “virtues” of being gay.
If you want to stop the sickness . . . IT’S TIME TO STOP THE LEFT.
In Sadness . . . Howard Galganov.
” Law enforcement authorities are increasingly advising school officials — and even young students — to physically confront suspects in future campus attacks as a final line of defense.
The advisories, now included in training videos and documents prepared by police, represent a major shift in tactics for law enforcement officials who have traditionally counseled potential victims to flee and hide while waiting for authorities to answer calls for help.”
” “The Ulster County Legislature does hereby oppose, and request the repeal of, any legislation, including the sections within the NY SAFE Act (Chapter1 of the Laws of 2013), which infringe upon the right of the people to keep and bear arms.”
With those words, the Ulster County, NY Board of Legislators last night passed a resolution opposing Governor Cuomo’s SAFE Act (http://exm.nr/11kGGQv).
The Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement (SAFE) Act of 2013 is the most restrictive gun control law in the country. It was signed into law on 15 January presumably in response to the horrific shooting at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut.
Ulster County’s resolution defies the NY SAFE Act, but it is also intended to counter President Obama’s Federal efforts to push gun control at the national level. The county is sending copies of their resolution to President Barack Obama, Vice President Joseph Biden, Governor Andrew Cuomo, Senator Charles Schumer, Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, and Congressman Chris Gibson as well as their state senators and assembly members.
Ulster County now joins the growing number of county and local officials and law enforcement officers that either oppose this latest push for gun control or have vowed not to enforce the new laws.
As of 31 January, 228 County Sheriffs and Sheriffs Associations nationwide have vowed not to enforce President Obama’s gun control executive orders (http://exm.nr/VoiaXP).
The Ulster County resolution, sponsored by Legislators Belfiglio, Bernardo, Fabiano, Gerentine, Harris, Lopez, Maio, Maloney, Roberts, Ronk and Wawro, is named “Opposing The Process Of Enactment And Certain Provisions Contained Within The New York SAFE Act.” “
- Foes, fans of NY gun control law rally at Capitol (newsday.com)
- Hundreds Of Gun Rights Advocates Rally Outside State Capitol In Albany (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- Who Do You Think You Are ? David Gregory ? (youviewed.com)
Bill Stevens – Gun Violence Prevention Working Group Public Hearing
” THE phone rings again at Pasadena Pawn and Gun, and a familiar question comes down the line: “Got any ARs?”
The answer is no. Pasadena Pawn and Gun, a gun retailer and pawnshop 15 miles south of Baltimore, is pretty much sold out of America’s most wanted gun, the AR-15-style semiautomatic rifle. Since the massacre in Newtown, Conn., in December, the AR-15, the military-style weapon that the police say was used in the shootings, has been selling fast here and across the nation.
Before Newtown, the rifles sold for about $1,100, on average. Now some retailers charge twice that. At Pasadena Pawn, on the wall behind glass counters of handguns, are three dozen or so AR-15-style rifles. Dangling from nearly every one is a tag that says “Sold.”
“The AR-15, it’s kind of fashionable,” says Frank Loane Sr., the proprietor. His shop has a revolving waiting list for the rifles, and a handful of people are now on it. “The young generation likes them, the assault-looking guns.” “
- AR-15 Semi-Automatic Rifle Made with 3D Printer Gets Tested, Actually Works (techeblog.com)
- Long Range Accuracy In An AR Platform (youviewedblog.wordpress.com)
- Gun stores running low on weapons as sales surge, owners say (usnews.nbcnews.com)
- Bexar County deputies take aim with new AR-15 assault rifles (kens5.com)
- AR-15 rifle more loved — and hated — than ever (kansascity.com)
- FACT SHEET FOR LIBERAL IGNORAMUSES. We’ll speak slowly and avoid big words, I promise. (iowntheworld.com)
- New CaseCruzer AR Sports Rifle Case Prevents Unauthorized Use and Protects Weapons While in Transit (prweb.com)
” Henson Ong, the Connecticut resident and legal immigrant whose passionate defense of the Second Amendment drew applause at a legislative hearing this week, said his pro-gun ownership views were cemented after he and his family were the victims of violent crime in their native land.
Ong, of Waterbury, Conn., said he and his family immigrated to the U.S. from the Philippines 13 years ago. He declined to provide many personal details, including his age, but told TheBlaze in a telephone interview it was that crime that prompted their move to the U.S.
“As a personal victim of violent crime, I can say that appeasement to criminals and disarming the innocent is not the solution,” Ong told TheBlaze.”