” In 9 days, we managed to raise over 1 million dollars to go towards buying back Tesla’s old laboratory, and with the $850,000 matching grant from NY state this puts us at 1.85 million bucks. At its peak, the campaign was raising $27,000 per hour, crashing Indiegogo, and probably setting some kind of land speed record in awesomeness. Indiegogo put together this infographic showing some interesting data points behind the campaign.
We’ve added some new perks to the campaign, including more t-shirts, hats, and posters signed by Tesla’s last remaining relative.”
- Nikola Tesla’s Lab Saved After 18 Years of Activism (intellihub.com)
- Tesla museum receives $400,000 grant (newsday.com)
- HISTORY LIVES ON: Nikola Tesla’s Lab Saved After 18 Years of Activism (secretsofthefed.com)
- Less Prone favorited mystery’s discussion Nikola Tesla’s Lab Saved After 18 Years of Activism (12160.info)
- Group The Oatmeal Raised Money for Successfully Purchases Nikola Tesla’s Lab (geekosystem.com)
- Former Long Island Laboratory Used By Inventor Nikola Tesla Purchased By Preservation Group (newyork.cbslocal.com)