” The world’s largest industrial company, General Electric, received a very-generous deal in 2009 when the company received $139 billion in taxpayer money under provisions created to keep banks afloat. Though GE Capital is not classified as a bank, the company was able to secure the money because it owned two small Utah banking institutions.
In short, thanks to the loophole, GE was able to secure $139 billion while not, technically, being a bank. Further, GE was able to avoid the restrictions and stipulations given to banks.
Now, with money in hand, GE Capital is cutting off funding to gun shops as the Obama Administration continues its dying efforts to curtail Second Amendment protections.
Daniel Greenfield of Frontpagemag.com accurately summarized the danger of this unholy alliance:
“What we are seeing is the political consolidation of big business into an arm of government with misappropriated taxpayer money being used to pick winners and losers in the marketplace, with the ‘winners’ then doing the dirty work of the government and acting as its regulatory arm, destroying entire areas of business that the government has yet to be able to destroy on its own.” “
Tag Archive: PC
” The U.S. Military does not build its own weapons. Instead, it purchases them from third party contractors who have proven that they provide the best weapon at the best price. One of these contractors is Trijicon, which manufactures rifle scopes. On these scopes, Trijicon includes what looks like a cryptic code, although it makes perfect sense to practicing Christians: JN8:12 and 2COR4:6. In other words, John 8:12 and Second Corinthians 4:6. Both passages refer to Jesus as a light in the darkness; neither advocates a crusading religious fervor.
Despite the fact that the notations matter only to those who care, have no meaning to those who don’t, and are too cryptic to count as proselytizing, Muslims have been complaining about that those thirteen characters for years. They challenged the same markings when they were discovered in 2010 on Army and Marine equipment.”
” Bit by bit, Western nations are adopting Muslim legal standards on blasphemy and on the treatment of women.
The excuses are manifold. Racism, cultural differences, Islamophobia, relativism… but it all ends the same way, with Western writers, artists and thinkers being censored and Western women being subject to Taliban treatment.
We’re not just dealing with ignorance of the law. We have Western judges setting out the notion that if a Muslim settler in Europe, America or Australia does not understand the concept that women can refuse sexual contact, that this is a mitigating circumstance.
Ms Dalziel said Esmatullah Sharifi claimed he did not have a great understanding of sexual mores in Australia but Judge Mark Dean disagreed.
“These are acts of violence,” the judge said. “Serious acts of violence against women, nothing to do with sexual mores. They’re brutal acts of violence.”
But they do. In Muslim sexual mores, serious acts of violence being committed against women are not a problem because the women do not belong to themselves. They belong to their family.”
- Gender justice, interrupted (thehindu.com)
- Australian Judge Finds Muslim “Cultural Differences” Valid Excuse for Rape (angelforisrael.wordpress.com)
- Muslim Brotherhood opposes UN declaration on #VAW #WTFnews (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- IHT Rendezvous: A Global Mission to Fight Sexual Violence Against Women (rendezvous.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Muslim and Western Nations Agree to Historic UN Accord on Women (voanews.com)
- Does Islamophobia exist? Not according to this Muslim Writer (beowulfjournal.wordpress.com)
- Playing the “Islamophobia” card (whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com)
- Political Correctness in Legoland (culturaljihad.wordpress.com)
” Comcast Cable, “the nation’s largest cable provider,” has decided it will not accept firearm and ammunition advertisers in the future.
This move brings Comcast in line with its competitors, Time Warner Cable and Cox Communications.
Cox already had a ban similar to the one Comcast has now instituted and Time Warner Cable announced in January that it was banning “ads showing semi-automatic weapons and guns pointed at people.” ‘
- Comcast bans gun, ammo ads (usatoday.com)
- Comcast Quietly Bans All Gun, Ammo Ads (patdollard.com)
- Time Warner Cable: You Don’t Want 1 Gbps Broadband – You Want What We Give You at the Price We Give It (dslreports.com)
- Comcast VP Says U.S. Isn’t Falling Behind Rest Of World In Broadband, Probably Can’t Read Graphs (consumerist.com)
- Another left wing talk station goes dark (ihatethemedia.com)
Massachusetts Principal Calls Off Honors Night Because It Could Be ‘Devastating’ To Students Who Missed Mark
” MyFoxBoston.com reports that David Fabrizio, principal of Ipswich Middle School, notified parents last week of his plan to eliminate the event.
“The Honors Night, which can be a great sense of pride for the recipients’ families, can also be devastating to a child who has worked extremely hard in a difficult class but who, despite growth, has not been able to maintain a high grade-point average,” Fabrizio penned in his first letter to parents, the station reported.
Fabrizio also said he decided to make the change because academic success can be influenced by the amount of support a student receives at home and not all students receive the same level of emotional and academic support at home.”
- And the Wussification of America Continues: Middle School Honors Assembly Cancelled in Favor of All-Inclusive Assembly (shoeuntied.wordpress.com)
- Principal nixes Honors Night to spare kids’ feelings- School district bans cupcakes, hugs over safety (foxnews.com)
- Why even have grades anymore? (wherearemykeys.typepad.com)
- Massachusetts Principal Cancels Honors Assembly, Too ‘Devastating’ to Non-Honors Students (nationalreview.com)
- MA Middle School Cancels ‘Honors Night’ To Avoid Upsetting Non-Honors Students (riehlworldview.com)
- Massachusetts School Mimics Welfare State By Leveling Playing Field For Kids (personalliberty.com)
- Ipswich Honors Night Dishonored, Hurt Feelings Blamed (fitzfocus.wordpress.com)
” The Old Line State — where kids have been suspended for making guns with their fingers and with toaster pastries — now boasts a school district that prohibits hugging and homemade food in public elementary schools for anyone except a parent’s own children.
Parents must also register to enter the playground and they can’t push anyone except their own kids on the swings.
Officials with St. Mary’s County Public Schools say the new rules are necessary to provide a generally safe environment.
A committee composed of parents and elementary school principals created the regulations after a handful of meetings last year. Other new rules include a ban on ad-hoc parent-teacher conferences. The distribution of birthday invitations on school grounds is also now verboten.
“We’re not violating anybody’s rights,” Superintendent Michael Martirano told The Enterprise.”
- Hug ban proposed for St. Mary’s County Public Schools (wjla.com)
- New school rules won’t allow hugging, homemade treats (iowntheworld.com)
- School District Bans Hugs and Homemade Food to Ensure Student Safety (freebeacon.com)
- New school rules won’t allow hugging, homemade treats (redalertpolitics.com)
” High profile-gang rapes in India have been in the headlines since December. The phenomenon is growing across Europe too, but tends to be under reported due to the high incidence of Muslim perpetrators which makes it politically incorrect to mention.In December 2011 a Swedish mother-of-two was subjected to a brutal gang-rape by 12 Afghan immigrants in a refugee camp in Mariannelund. Reports stated “The rape was oral, anal and vaginal sometimes with three rapists inside her at the same time while everybody was cheering and clapping. The gruesome rape marathon lasted for 7 hours. 11 suspect may have been involved taking turns while drinking and getting high on drugs. The asylum seekers were cheering and clapping their hands during the rape marathon while calling the victim “whore” and “slut”.”
The main perpetrator Rafi Bahaduri, 25, had already committed four other rapes in Sweden. The case is not unique. There is a growing trend of gang-rapes perpetrated against white women by Muslim rapists.
In the U.K. there has been a steady stream of cases where primarily under- privileged young English girls have been targeted, groomed and raped by gangs of what the British press euphemistically refers to as Asian men. However, the published names of the perpetrators are primarily of Pakistan and Afghanistan origin when the gang rapists appear in court. The Asian gangs do not contain rapists from China, Japan, and the Philippines.
Cases have been reported in Rochdale, Rotherham, Derby, Bradford, Blackpool – the list goes on. An article regarding the phenomenon in Standpoint notes: “According to some of the mothers, a fear of being branded racist makes many of the police and social services reluctant to investigate the crimes as organised and connected. One mother from Rotherham, whose 14-year-old daughter was groomed into prostitution and multiply raped during a 12-month period, told me that almost every man convicted of these crimes in the north of England is from Pakistan but that the authorities insist that it is not relevant.”
More and more cases are reported across Europe. The following is just a very small sample (some figures indicate 5,000 gang-rapes occur in France alone each year.)
- Five men ‘admit’ gang-rape of Swiss tourist’ in India (independent.co.uk)
- Gang-rape reports fuel anxiety in tourists visiting India (straitstimes.com)
- British woman jumps out of hotel window in India to escape sex attacker, reports claim (metro.co.uk)
- [link] Without Media Focus, Would Steubenville’s Rapists Have Been Found Guilty? (feimineach.com)
- [link] I Am Not Your Wife, Sister or Daughter. I Am A Person. (feimineach.com)
- India to debate tough rape laws (bbc.co.uk)
- CNN Would Like To Express Its Sympathies To The Steubenville Rapists (thegloss.com)
- Steubenville: this is rape culture’s Abu Ghraib moment (newstatesman.com)
If … You Might Live In A Nation Founded By Geniuses But Run By Idiots
” If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for being in the country illegally — you might live in a nation founded by geniuses but run by idiots.
If you have to get your parents’ permission to go on a field trip or take an aspirin in school, but not to get an abortion — you might live in a nation founded by geniuses but run by idiots.
If you have to show identification to board an airplane, cash a check, buy liquor, or check out a library book, but not to vote who runs the government — you might live in a nation founded by geniuses but run by idiots.
If the government wants to ban stable, law-abiding citizens from owning gun magazines with more than ten rounds, but gives twenty F-16 fighter jets to the crazy new leaders in Egypt — you might live in a nation founded by geniuses but run by idiots.
If, in the nation’s largest city, you can buy two 16-ounce sodas, but not a 24-ounce soda because 24-ounces of a sugary drink might make you fat — you might live in a nation founded by geniuses but run by idiots.
If an 80-year-old woman or a three-year-old girl confined to a wheelchair can be strip-searched by the TSA but a woman in a hijab is only subject to having her neck and head searched — you might live in a nation founded by geniuses but run by idiots. .
If your government believes that the best way to eradicate trillions of dollars of debt is to spend trillions more — you might live in a nation founded by geniuses but run by idiots.
If a seven-year-old boy can be thrown out of school for saying his teacher is “cute,” but hosting a sexual exploration or diversity class in grade school is perfectly acceptable — you might live in a nation founded by geniuses but run by idiots.
If children are forcibly removed from parents who discipline them with spankings while children of addicts are left in filth- and drug-infested “homes” — you might live in a nation founded by geniuses but run by idiots.
If hard work and success are met with higher taxes and more government intrusion, while not working is rewarded with EBT cards, WIC checks, Medicaid, subsidized housing, and free cell phones — you might live in a nation founded by geniuses but run by idiots.
If the government’s plan for getting people back to work is to provide incentives for not working through 99 weeks of unemployment checks without any requirement to prove they sought but couldn’t find work — you might live in a nation founded by geniuses but run by idiots.
If you pay your mortgage faithfully, denying yourself the newest big screen TV while your neighbor buys iPhones, wall-sized plasma do-it-all TV’s and new cars, and the government forgives his debt when he defaults on his mortgage — you might live in a nation founded by geniuses but run by idiots.
If being stripped of the ability to defend yourself makes you more “safe” according to the government — you might live in a nation founded by geniuses but run by idiots.”
Found on Facebook , uncredited … Anyone know the author ?
First off from Michigan we have toy soldier birthday cupcakes being confiscated
” In the latest incident of anti-gun hysteria to erupt in a school setting, officials at an elementary school in small-town Michigan impounded a third-grader boy’s batch of 30 homemade birthday cupcakes because they were adorned with green plastic figurines representing World War Two soldiers.
The school principal branded the military-themed cupcakes “insensitive” in light of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, reports Fox News Radio.
“It disgusted me,” Casey Fountain, the boy’s father, told Fox News. “It’s vile they lump true American heroes with psychopathic killers.”
Not to be outdone , the wise educators in South Philadelphia threaten to call the police on a 10 year old girl over a paper gun .
” A fifth grader at a South Philadelphia elementary school made the mistake of pulling out a gun constructed out of paper in class last week.
An official at D. Newlin Fell School searched the student, Melody Valentin, in front of her entire class, reports FOX 29. After the search failed to turn any more weapons (paper or non-paper), the staffer intensely scolded the little girl – also in front of the whole class.”
If you are thinking these are isolated incidents read on
” At Genoa-Kingston Middle School in northeast Illinois, a teacher threatened an eighth-grader with suspension if he did not remove his t-shirt emblazoned with the interlocking rifles insignia of the United States Marines. (RELATED: Junior high teacher tells kid to remove Marines t-shirt or get suspended)
At Park Elementary School in Baltimore, Maryland, a student was suspended for two days because his teacher thought he shaped a strawberry, pre-baked toaster pastry into something resembling a gun.(RELATED: Second-grader suspended for having breakfast pastry shaped like a gun)
At Poston Butte High School in Arizona, a high school freshman was suspended for setting a picture of a gun as the desktop background on his school-issued computer. (RELATED: Freshman suspended for picture of gun)“
We are paying for this nonsense … in more ways than one .
- Michigan Elementary School Confiscates “Insensitive” Cupcakes (dprogram.net)
- Cupcake Plastic Army Figures Declared “Insensitive” by School (earththreats.com)
- Marylandistan ain’t got Nothing on Michiganistan: School Confiscates “Insensitive” Cupcakes Because They Were Decorated With Toy Soldiers… (theconservativetreehouse.com)
- PC-Nazism Update! School Confiscates Cupcakes Decorated With Toy Soldiers (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- Cupcake Controversy: Topping Called ‘Insensitive’ (fox8.com)
- Parents Told to Remove Plastic Toy Soldiers From Son’s Birthday Cupcakes (foxnewsinsider.com)
- Girl scolded in class for paper gun (upi.com)
- Philadelphia girl searched, berated for having a gun made of paper at school (redalertpolitics.com)
- Stark Raving Mad? (statelymcdanielmanor.wordpress.com)
” For the last four years, Pamela Geller of AtlasShrugs.com and the American Freedom Defense Initiative have held events at CPAC featuring guests she invites to discuss the influence of Islamism on America. But this year, the American Conservative Union (ACU) has no room for Geller or her message.
In years past, the events were standing room only thanks to their popularity, but that apparently was not enough to counter pressure brought to bear from somewhere to exclude Geller’s message.”
- CPAC nixes Pamela Geller – way to go CPAC (bunkerville.wordpress.com)
- National Review: Bring GOProud Back to CPAC (pjmedia.com)
- ACU Announces Immigration Panel Participants at CPAC 2013 (conservativeread.com)
- CPAC’s Tent Gets Smaller by the Day (nationalreview.com)
US Soldiers Ordered To Not Criticize Islam, Pedophilia Or Advocate Women’s Rights
” Well, it now seems that the new Army Manual reflects Barack Obama’s soft spot for Islam and muzzles our American soldiers fighting for freedom, including freedom of speech. And you STILL don’t think this guy is a danger to our country?
From Judicial Watch:
Here is a strong indicator that the Obama Administration’s crusade to
appease Islam has gone too far; a new U.S. military handbook for
troops deployed to the Middle East orders soldiers not to make
derogatory comments about the Taliban or criticize pedophilia, among
other outrageous things.
It gets better; the new manual, which is around 75 pages, suggests
that Western ignorance of Afghan culture— not Taliban infiltration—is
responsible for the increase in deadly attacks by Afghan soldiers
against the coalition forces. “
- New Army Manual Tells Soldiers Not To Be Critical Of Taliban…Or Pedophilia (givemeliberty01.com)
- ARMY GOING TOO FAR?Proposed Manual Tells GIs Not to Insult Taliban, Islam (foxnews.com)
- Don’t Criticize the Taliban! (powerlineblog.com)
(and Busybodies In General )
” Today’s Wall Street Journal reprinted a delightful five-paragraph excerpt from a 1893 essay by Mark Twain titled “The Moral Statistician.” It is worth a few minutes of attention because it illustrates how far we’ve traveled from the days when politically incorrect truths could be voiced without fear of condemnation and censorship by the mainstream media.”
To those of you who , like us , bemoan the endless parade of PC drivel coming from the ” powers that be ” whether leftist do-gooders or the official authorities in DC and the statehouses , it may bring some small measure of comfort to know that this nanny tendency predates us . Leave it to Mark Twain to set the Bloombergs of the world in their place .
” I don’t want any of your statistics; I took your whole batch and lit my pipe with it.
I hate your kind of people. You are always ciphering out how much a man’s health is injured, and how much his intellect is impaired, and how many pitiful dollars and cents he wastes in the course of ninety-two years’ indulgence in the fatal practice of smoking; and in the equally fatal practice of drinking coffee; and in playing billiards occasionally; and in taking a glass of wine at dinner, etc. etc. And you are always figuring out how many women have been burned to death because of the dangerous fashion of wearing expansive hoops, etc. etc. You never see more than one side of the question.
It won’t do for you to say that you can use it to better purpose in furnishing a good table, and in charities, and in supporting tract societies, because you know yourself that you people who have no petty vices are never known to give away a cent, and that you stint yourselves so in the matter of food that you are always feeble and hungry. . . . “
- Mark Twain on Worthless Second-Hand Beliefs (patheos.com)
- Wise Thoughts (journeyofpeace.wordpress.com)
- ~ Inspiration ~ (onthehomefrontandbeyond.wordpress.com)
- Mark Twain… (salmonfishingqueen.wordpress.com)
- Mark Twain’s pit stop in city (thehindu.com)
- John Williams on Lies, Damned Lies and the 7.8% Unemployment Rate (sgtreport.com)
” SEATTLE (CBS SEATTLE) – A Seattle school has banned students from celebrating a new holiday this year: Halloween.
Lafayette Elementary School has decided to not allow students to dress up in costume for Halloween this year. And there is still some discrepancy between parents and the administration as to why the ban has been implemented this fall.
The decision was first reported by the district (Seattle Public Schools) as being a preventative measure in the event that Halloween costumes could offend and upset students who come from other cultures. Dozens of parents complained to the school over the measure demanding a detailed explanation. “