” New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio shames a Staten Island restaurant by eating his pizza with a knife and fork. “
- 1 pound refrigerated fresh pizza dough
- Cooking spray
- 4 ounces hot turkey Italian sausage
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion $
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 1 cup diced red or green bell pepper $
- 1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup lower-sodium marinara sauce (such as McCutcheon’s) $
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Place dough in a bowl coated with cooking spray; let dough stand, covered, for 15 minutes.
- 3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Remove casings from sausage. Add sausage to pan; cook 3 minutes, stirring to crumble. Add onion and mushrooms; sauté 4 minutes. Add bell pepper; sauté 2 minutes.
- 4. Sprinkle a baking sheet with cornmeal; roll dough into a 12-inch circle on prepared baking sheet. Spread sauce over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Top with sausage mixture. Sprinkle cheeses over sausage mixture. Bake at 450° on bottom oven rack for 17 minutes or until crust is golden.”
Deb Wise, Cooking Light
” In this exclusive Hungry History video, host Ian Knauer serves up pizza history, from the flatbreads of ancient Pompeii to today’s pies. He also takes us through the steps of making a classic Margherita pizza at home. Follow his recipe (taken from his cookbook “The Farm: Rustic Recipes for a Year of Incredible Food”) to turn your own kitchen into an authentic pizza parlor.”
1 teaspoon active dry yeast
1 cup warm water
3 cups bread flour or all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons kosher salt
Stir together yeast and water until dissolved.
Stir the ingredients together in a large bowl until combined, then transfer the dough to a flourless work surface. Knead the dough until it becomes elastic and pulls off the work surface.
Oil the bowl, then shape the dough into a ball and place it back in the bowl, turning to coat.
Cover the bowl with a towel and let rest at room temperature until it doubles in size, about 1 hour in a warm room.”
Pizza – $1,000
” The country’s most expensive pizza can be found at Nino’s Bellissima Pizza in Manhattan. A mere 12 inches in diameter, it’s topped with crème fraiche, Maine lobster tail, $820 worth of caviar (six different kinds, including Beluga and a Black Russian Royal Sevruga), chives and wasabi paste. Just a small one-eighth slice will set you back $125. Owner Nino Selimaj says he’s received hundreds of orders since the pie’s debut in 2007, and that it’s “worth every penny.” We’ll take his word on that.”
Gotta Have Dessert To Go With Your Pizza
Ice Cream Sundae – $1,000
” Treating a date to an ice cream sundae could get a little pricey if it’s at Serendipity 3 in New York City. Its “Golden Opulence” dessert comes with three scoops of Tahitian vanilla ice cream made with Madagascar vanilla beans and chunks of Venezuelan Chuao chocolate. It’s then drizzled with melted chocolate from Amedei Porcelana, and topped with candied fruits, gold-covered almonds, chocolate truffles, marzipan cherries, and… Grande Passion caviar (on. ice. cream). The garnish, however— a 23-carat edible gold leaf—is really what puts the dessert over the top. And it’s all served in a Baccarat crystal goblet (yours to take home) with an 18-carat gold spoon (which, unfortunately, will cost you extra).”
View The Rest Here
” New Obamacare regulations targeting the fast food and grocery store market that require signs detailing calorie and nutritional information on every product will force pizza makers like Domino’s to post up to 34 million different signs in every store: One for every possible pizza order.
“It’s not like a Big Mac. Pizza is customizable, there are options to factor in,” said Jenny Fouracre-Petko, legislative director for Domino’s and a member of the trade group American Pizza Community. “There are 34 million pizza combinations. We’ve done the math.” “
Could This Crowd In DC Be Anymore Clueless About The Real World ? This Is What You Get When You Dispense With The Founder’s Idea Of Citizen Representatives . We’ll Never Right This Ship With A Professional Class Of Politicians .