Published on Feb 27, 2015
Saturday, February 28 at 3:00pm in CST
3379 W Fillmore St. Chicago, IL
More information here
IMPORTANT: DO NOT USE HASHTAG UNTIL THE BEGINNING OF THE STORM.
Please invite as many of your friends to this event as possible.
Copy + Paste these tweets or create your own. Do not retweet, the hashtag will not trend.
If you are writing your own tweets, make sure to include the #Gitmo2Chicago hashtag, also try to include @rahmemanuel!
You do not need to post more than once every five minutes, especially to avoid suspension of your account, although having a high volume of tweets all at once is the objective to make the tag trend and bring the issue to more people’s attention.
Chicago Police are operating a secret detention facility that mirrors the CIA’s “black sites.”http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/20… #Gitmo2Chicago
Hubbard was found dead in an interview room, no records exist on cause of death. #Gitmo2Chicagohttp://thefreethoughtproject.com/secr…
Violations of due process to torture, revelations raise concerns of deteriorating state of freedom #Gitmo2Chicago http://theantimedia.org/nation-reacts…
The egregious nature of this danger to liberty cannot be overstated. Demand @rahmemanuel shut it down. #Gitmo2Chicago http://thefreethoughtproject.com/secr…
Join the Protest– Saturday, February 28 3:00pm https://www.facebook.com/events/77204…#Gitmo2Chicago
Scariest part is likelihood of more locations across US where police can secretly detain/kill #NDAA #Gitmo2Chicago http://theantimedia.org/nation-reacts…
Secret interrogation facility reveals aspects of war on terror in US #Gitmo2Chicagohttp://www.theguardian.com/us-news/20…
‘They disappeared us’: protester details 17-hour shackling without basic rightshttp://thefreethoughtproject.com/secr… #Gitmo2Chicago
Accounts describe police brutality, missing 15-year-old and one man’s death #Gitmo2Chicagohttp://www.theguardian.com/us-news/20…
Infamous GITMO “Interrogator” Also Tortured Americans And Forced Confessions As A Chicago Cophttp://thefreethoughtproject.com/infa… #Gitmo2Chicago
Military Police From the Torturous Gitmo Prison, Being Recruited as Copshttp://thefreethoughtproject.com/mili… #Gitmo2Chicago
Chicago police you can expect us tomorrow “
” These are the nine reports of police misconduct tracked for Thursday, January 15, 2015:
- Update: Buffalo, New York (First reported 08-12-14): A now-former police officer was sentenced to five years in prison and ordered to pay $300,000 for his role in a large marijuana grow operation. http://1.usa.gov/1C8RtOH
- Titusville, Florida (First reported 03-07-14): A now-former officer was found guilty on drug conspiracy charges. He accepted $500 to guard what he believed to be a cocaine deal while he was in uniform. He also accessed police database in furtherance of his illicit activities. http://ow.ly/HkYe5
- Los Angeles County, California: Three deputies have been suspended while they are investigated for bribery involving a towing scheme. No criminal charges have been filed yet so their names and other details have not been released. ow.ly/HnRnU
- Update: Baltimore, Maryland (First reported 06-18-14): One of the two officers charged with animal cruelty for slitting a dog’s throat had his case dismissed. Charges against the other officer are still pending. ow.ly/HnIDY
- Shelby County, Tennessee: A deputy has been suspended while he is investigated for assaulting his girlfriend’s two-year-old child. He allegedly disciplined the child for having a dirty diaper. ow.ly/HnB07
- Durham, North Carolina: An officer was suspended because he is being investigated for domestic assault against his wife. ow.ly/Hn5ya
- Update: Bridgeport, Connecticut (First reported 08-08-14): One of the three police officers caught on video “stomping” a suspect in a park was acquitted for civil rights violations after a three day federal trial. The other two now-former officers previously pled guilty and did not testify in this trial. http://ow.ly/Hn7tQ
- Update: Tuckerton, New Jersey (First reported 04-15-14): An officer was indicted on falsification charges stemming from an incident where he sicced a K9 on a 57-year-old woman in custody. The prosecutor alleged the officer lied on official documents to cover-up his conduct. ow.ly/HnDEn
- Coraopolis, Pennsylvania: The police chief was charged for his role in a vehicular accident that left a woman seriously injured. ly/HnOXX