” An explosion in central Prague on Monday, probably caused by gas, injured as many as 40 people, officials said, and neighboring buildings – including the National Theatre – had to be evacuated.
The explosion, in a building facing the Vltava river just a few dozen meters (yards) from the 19th-century theatre, was heard as far away as Prague Castle about a mile away.
A police spokesman said the blast was probably caused by gas and that there had been about 15 people in the building, which included an office of the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and an art gallery.
“We estimate up to 40 people were injured,” Zdenek Schwarz, the chief of Prague paramedics, said on Czech Television.”
- Explosion shakes central Prague, some injured and trapped (timesofmalta.com)
- People trapped and at least 40 injured after huge explosion in Prague (express.co.uk)
- Prague Explosion Leaves People Trapped (news.sky.com)
- Prague Blast Injures 40 (voanews.com)
- Over a dozen injured in building explosion in Prague (foxnews.com)