Tag Archive: Rahm Emanuel
The Chicago Flash Mob Shows America Is In Deep Trouble
” Hundreds of teenagers raged through Chicago’s premier shopping area, attacking pedestrians and even a police officer. The wilding incident ended with dozens of arrests. Does anarchy reign supreme in Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s Chicago? Find out on this Trifecta.”
” A few weeks ago Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel wrote letters to several mutual funds asking them to pressure gun companies into embracing newly proposed gun laws, and as it turns out the political pressure hasn’t persuaded the investors to alter their portfolios.
A handful of the mutual funds contacted by Emanuel — Allianz, BlackRock, Vanguard, and Capital World Investments — submitted those forms and reported last week that they would retain ownership of Smith & Wesson and Sturm, Ruger and Company.
According to the documents filed:
Allianz reportedly owns 7.1 percent of Ruger Capital
World Investments owns 6.5 percent of Ruger
- Chicago Mayor Pressuring Mutual Funds to End Investments in Gun Companies (breitbart.com)
- Are gun maker stocks in your portfolio? (miamiherald.com)
- READ: Rahm Emanuel Sends Letters to Mutual Funds Urging Them to Blacklist Gun Manufacturers That Oppose Gun Safety Laws (foxnewsinsider.com)
- Dems and Their Gun Money (nationalreview.com)
- Rahm Emanuel Said to be Considering Presidential Bid (politicalwire.com)
- Rahm to run for president? (wgntv.com)
- President Rahm? Maybe. (washingtonpost.com)
- Rahm Emanuel Writes to Mutual Funds Urging them to Blacklist Gun Companies (pjmedia.com)
” President Obama traveled back to Chicago, his hometown and a city on track to become the murder capital of the United States.
In 2012 alone, there were over 500 homicides in the Windy City, according to a count from Redeye Chicago. Chicago has a population that is only about a third the size of New York City, yet its homicide rate is fast approaching that of the Big Apple.”
- Obama support for gun control has roots in Chicago (newsobserver.com)
- Alaska: lots of guns, few homicides (12160.org)
- Barack Obama Chicago Violence: Leaders Call For President To Stem Tide Of Homicides In Hometown (huffingtonpost.com)
- Gun Free Chicago (tarpon.wordpress.com)
- Obama takes gun message ‘home’ (timesleader.com)
- Obama, in a hometown plagued by deadly shootings, pleads for action on gun violence (timescolonist.com)
- Two in custody in Hadiya Pendleton killing (thegrio.com)
” A teenage girl–an honor student who had just performed at President Obama’s inaugural–was gunned down Tuesday afternoon in the Kenwood neighborhood, just blocks from the high school she attended.
CBS 2’s Mike Parker reports the victim, 15-year-old Hadiya Pendleton, was taking shelter from the rain with a group of 10 to 12 teenagers under a canopy in Vivian Gordon Harsh Park on the 4500 block of South Oakenwald Avenue around 2:30 p.m., when someone jumped a fence, ran up to them, and opened fire.
Just days before, Hadiya performed with her high school band at President Obama’s inauguration.”
- Teen Performer at Inaugural Events Fatally Shot (abcnews.go.com)
- Teen performer at inaugural events fatally shot (ktvb.com)
- Obama Should Be Attending This Funeral (slog.thestranger.com)
- One week after attending inaugural, South Side teen shot dead in neighborhood park (suntimes.com)
- Girl, 15, dies in South Side shooting (wgntv.com)
RAHM EMANUEL URGES MAJOR BANKS TO STOP SERVING GUN MAKERS UNLESS THEY SUPPORT ‘COMMON SENSE’ GUN CONTROL
And people should listen to him because he and his preferred methods have done so much to improve the safety of Chicago and it’s residents … Not
” Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel is urging two of the biggest financial institutions in the country to stop supporting gun manufacturers unless the companies agree to “common sense reforms” on firearms. The issue of gun control aside, the request sounds a little like blackmail.
Emanuel reportedly sent letters to the CEOs of Bank of America and TD Bank urging them to stop lines of credit, financing for acquisitions and expansions and financial advising unless they get on board with gun control. Among other things, the former Obama advisor wants gun makers to support criminal background checks on all gun sales.”
Once again the mayor of a major US city , a public employee mind you , takes it upon himself to try and dictate policy to private businesses . Remind us what on earth is American about public officials deliberately trying to stifle the very American businesses and citizens that pay their bloody salaries .
Related : We have already seen Bank of America’s attitudes toward legal American businesses and also their respect for our borders and laws .
Perhaps we should take stock of Herr Emanuel’s ways and put them to use for the forces of good and the free market . Why don’t the stockholders of the banking business call on their institutions to stop facilitating the continual degradation of the value of America’s equity and investments by helping to fund the politicians that are foisting this historic pyramid scheme on us and giving the bill to our children ?
- This is a hold up: Rahm Emanuel takes gun battle to banks (washingtontimes.com)
- Rahm Emanuel Cranks Up The Pressure For Banks To Stop Doing Business With Gun Manufacturers, Dealers (patdollard.com)
- Rahm Goes Fascist on Firearms (pjmedia.com)
- Rahm Emanuel to Banks: No More Credit for Gun Manufacturers (pjmedia.com)
- Rahm Emanuel to banks: Hey, how about you stop serving firearms manufacturers? (hotair.com)
Of course any thinking person can decode Idiot Joe’s words . By ” critically important ” he is referring to the leftist belief in never letting a “crisis go to waste “* . In other words , ” here’s our opportunity to shove something entirely unsalable down the people’s throats while emotions run high ” .
It’s all politics all the time and is in no way to be construed as having the remotest to do with actual public safety . They think that as long as they strike while the iron is hot that they can ram through yet another high profile policy plank of the democratic party that they know is not only publicly unpalatable but also blatantly unconstitutional .
Recall that the above young lady’s death was at the hands of a man that the democrats referred to as ” the Lion of the Senate”
What , you say ? They wouldn’t do that ? Think Teddy “the swimmer” Kennedy and Obamacare … They’ll do anything to win . Think ” nuclear option” , think recess appointments with congress still in session , think about their present talk of changing the filibuster rules . Need more ? , How about rule changes in NJ when Robert Torricelli dropped out of his senate race and similar shenanigans in Massachusetts for Teddy’s seat .
” The Obama administration is seeking to institute a far more sweeping gun-control agenda than simply reinstating the failed Clinton bans on “assault weapons” and “high-capacity” magazines.
While the administration seeks to ban whole classes of firearms, a working group led by longtime gun control supporter Vice-President Joe Biden is also seriously considering proposals for a national registration database to track the movement and sale of all firearms, and much more. (Please see related story on congressional proposals below.)
After meeting with gun ban activists on Wednesday, Biden said, “This is a problem that requires immediate attention. I want to make clear that we’re not going to get caught up in the notion that, unless we can do everything, we’re going to do nothing. It’s critically important that we act.”
Biden went on to open the door to the option of imposing restrictions unilaterally.
“The president is going to act,” said Biden. “There are executive orders, executive action that can be taken. We haven’t decided what that is yet. But we’re compiling it all with the help [of] the attorney general and all the rest of the Cabinet members as well as legislative action we believe is required.”
When it comes to attacking our Second Amendment rights, this administration will pull out all the stops. “
As a final thought for our readers we must consider the fact of who exactly is in charge of these proceedings and speaks of the need for “critical action” , yes we refer to none other than Joe ” plagiarist” Biden . Who is dumber or more incompetent than crazy ” Uncle Joe ” ?
* -“You don’t ever want a crisis to go to waste; it’s an opportunity to do important things that you would otherwise avoid.”
- Biden: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns (jcrue.wordpress.com)
- Biden says consensus emerging on gun safety (cnsnews.com)
- Biden: Executive orders, action can be taken on guns (washingtontimes.com)
- The NRA will not allow Joe Biden to blame law-abiding gun owners for actions of madmen (irishcentral.com)
- Charlotte mayor included in gun control talks with Vice President Biden (charlotte.news14.com)
- Biden: White House ‘determined to take action’ on gun reform – NBCNews.com (firstread.nbcnews.com)
- Rahm Can’t Wait (secondcitycop.blogspot.com)
- Biden: ‘It’s Critically Important We Act’ On Gun Control (connecticut.cbslocal.com)
- Biden Drops Bombshell: Obama Will Use Executive Orders To Grab The Guns (patdollard.com)
” Guns: The mayor of what is at once America’s most gun-controlled city and its murder capital wants an assault weapons ban like the one he pushed in 1994. Except it didn’t work then, and it won’t work now.
Nathaniel T. Jackson, 40, an alleged gang member with a long arrest record, was gunned down last week outside a store in Chicago’s Austin neighborhood, becoming the Windy City’s 500th murder victim in 2012.
Up to 80% of Chicago’s murders and shootings are gang-related, according to police. By one estimate, the city has almost 70,000 gang members. A police audit last spring identified 59 gangs and 625 factions; most were on the South and West sides.
Yet, in the view of Chicago’s mayor and former White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel, the answer to violence by crazies and criminals in his city and nationally is more gun control, not more gang and goon control. “
No Measurable Effect
” Statistics compiled by a Northeastern University professor, the Census Bureau and the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel show the number of mass shootings and victims from 1976 to 2010 has fluctuated annually, but without any major upward or downward trend.
Some 2,956 people have been killed in 646 mass shootings over this 35-year period, with a mass shooting defined by the FBI as one in which four or more people (not including the shooter) are killed in a single incident and typically in a single location. FBI homicide data show no discernible trend in the number of mass shootings or victims during that time.
A chart using these data and published in the Journal Sentinel does show that while the Clinton/Emanuel assault weapons ban was in place, from 1994 to 2004, mass shootings actually rose slightly and that after its repeal there was no precipitous rise, as supporters had warned. “
So Let’s Do More Of The Same
” The website also claims that, through December 25, 2012, there 2,670 people were shot in Chicago last year. That’s also an increase from the year before, when 2,217 people were shot in Chicago that year.
In all, it means that on average almost 1.5 people were murdered in Chicago each day last year, while on average 7.3 people were shot each day.
Official numbers from the city of Chicago appear to be a tad bit lower, however. “
- Chicago, With 100% Gun Ban, Sees 532 Murdered in 2012 (secretsofthefed.com)
- 500th Murder in Chicago – Home of Strict Gun Control (theburningplatform.com)
- Gun Free City Sets Record As #1 Murder City. (forum.prisonplanet.com)
- Chicago murder rate sets new record (EndtheLie.com)
- THE BANNING OF GUNS: The Violation of our 2nd Amendment (sgtreport.com)
- Merry Christmas and Happy Gun Control, Chicago (theintelhub.com)
Because It’s Worked So Well In The Past
” The move represents the first major backtrack by a state since the aftermath of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks nearly a decade ago, when the hijackers used licenses, often obtained by fraud, to board the airplanes they used to target the World Trade Center towers, the Pentagon and, potentially, the U.S. Capitol or White House.
In the wake of those attacks, the national commission established to look into problems urged the federal government to set a national standard for identification cards such as driver’s licenses. In response, Congress wrote the Real ID Act, which included the requirement that federally compliant licenses be valid only while someone is in the country legally.
Many states moved to embrace that standard, and now only two states — New Mexico and Washington — issue driver’s licenses to illegal immigrants without any demarcation. Utah issues licenses to illegal immigrants, but those are marked as noncompliant. “
- Martinez Letter on Federal ID Act Called ‘Scare Tactic’ (hispanicbusiness.com)
- Illinois poised to grant licenses to illegals (wnd.com)
- Parasitic Leftists In Illinois Push To Give Illegal Aliens Drivers Licenses (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- Driver’s License Insecurity: Your Identity (And America) May Be at Risk (heritage.org)
- Chafee still mulls licenses for illegal immigrants (sfgate.com)
“Update: Read this story about how the 45,000 kids in Chicago’s charter schoolsare still going to school even as their counterparts in traditional public schools are cooling their heels as teachers strike.
As Reason 24/7 notes, Chicago’s teachers are on strike. This, despite what seems like a pretty plum offer from city officials:”
” At least nine people were
killed and 28 others wounded in a spate of shootings since Friday night in Chicago, according to local reports. “