” The Internal Revenue Service official in charge of the tax-exempt organizations at the time when the unit targeted tea party groups now runs the IRS office responsible for the health care legislation.
Sarah Hall Ingram served as commissioner of the office responsible for tax-exempt organizations between 2009 and 2012. But Ingram has since left that part of the IRS and is now the director of the IRS’ Affordable Care Act office, the IRS confirmed to ABC News today.
Her successor, Joseph Grant, is taking the fall for misdeeds at the scandal-plagued unit between 2010 and 2012. During at least part of that time, Grant served as deputy commissioner of the tax-exempt unit.
Grant announced today that he would retire June 3, despite being appointed as commissioner of the tax-exempt office May 8, a week ago.
As the House voted to fully repeal the Affordable Care Act Thursday evening, House Speaker John Boehner expressed “serious concerns” that the IRS is empowered as the law’s chief enforcer.”
- In Charge During ‘Tea Party’ Targeting, Now Runs Irs Obamacare Office (abcnews.go.com)
- IRS Official Who Managed Tea Party Targeting Now Running IRS Obamacare Office (nationalreview.com)
- New Irs Bombshell – Irs Boss Who Ran Division for Tax-exempt Applications Now Heads Up Obamacare Division of the Irs (libertynews.com)
- Sarah Hall Ingram ran IRS During Tea Party Targeting, Now Runs Affordable Care Act Office (riehlworldview.com)
- Incredible: Official in Charge of IRS Office Responsible for Conservative Targeting Now Heads Agency’s Obamacare Office (theblaze.com)
- TOTALITARIAN STATE: IRS Exec In Charge Of Blocking Tax-Exempt Status For Conservatives Now In Charge Of Entire IRS Health Care Division (patdollard.com)