” Four people were killed, one was seriously wounded and another lightly wounded on Monday during an armed robbery of a bank in the southern Israeli city of Be’er Sheva. The two assailants held a woman hostage during a shootout with the police but eventually released her.
The standoff ended after one robber shot himself and another was wounded.
Initial details suggest that thieves entered a Bank Hapoalim branch at 1 P.M. and opened fire. The robbers clashed with police forces and one ultimately shot himself, while the other was wounded and was evacuated to the hospital.”
Tag Archive: Robbery
” On Wednesday, police arrested five students they say were involved in the fight at Chester High School. Police say even more arrests could be coming.
The video shows a group of students not only throwing punches, but using chairs to attack and beat a 16-year-old boy inside the library of Chester High School. According to police, among the arrested students is 18-year-old Edward Stanley who appears to have recorded the fight on his cell phone and later posted the video on Facebook.”
” A store owner who shot and killed a man attempting to rob his Main Street business Saturday has faced robbery attempts on at least two other occasions, employees at area businesses said Sunday.
Hamilton police officers responded to Mazagan Urban Ware, 201 Main St., at 8:34 p.m. on a report of a robbery attempt that ended when the owner shot the suspect, according to a news release from the Hamilton Police Department. When police and fire units arrived at the clothing store, they found the robbery suspect lying outside the store with an apparent gunshot wound, the news release said.
The suspect, Jeremy Scott Irvin, 26, of Fairfield, was transported to Fort Hamilton Hospital, where he was pronounced dead. No charges are pending against the store owner, Smail Gueddari, who opened Mazagan Urban Ware in 2011.
Gueddari, 37, of Fairfield said the suspect had walked into the store Saturday night wearing a black cloth over his face. The man motioned to the cash register with his gun.
Gueddari said after he came out of the back room, the suspect fired one shot at him. The bullet went through two mannequins before lodging in a wall behind Gueddari.
The store owner said he then fired two shots, one of which found its target.”
” According to myfoxdfw.com, a man outside of a popular convenience store in Fort Worth was forced to defend himself when another man tried to rob him in the parking lot.
A gun battle ensued which resulted in the would be victim, a carry permit holder, being rushed to the hospital and the suspected armed robber dying from multiple gunshot wounds to the chest.”
” A robbery suspect walked into a Florida Burger King, flashed a gun, and robbed a family who was eating lunch.
The father attempted to follow the man, and at some point during the encounter feared for his life.
The father drew his concealed handgun and shot the suspect once, hitting him in the leg.”
- Bullets fly, suspect shot during brazen robbery attempt at Miami Burger King (miamiherald.com)
- Suspect Robs Family at Burger King, Gets Shot: Cops (nbcmiami.com)
” About 40 minutes later, Johnson walked into a third pharmacy, located about 23-minutes away from the second, and, once again, pointed his gun at an employee and demanded their entire supply of Percocets.
According to local reports, while employees were gathering the pills, a customer slipped out of the store to go get help.
The employees handed Johnson the pills and he promptly exited the store, but outside he was confronted by two armed citizens.The video shows the citizens walk toward Johnson with their guns trained on him and Johnson complying to their demands by getting down on the ground. The two armed citizens disarmed and detained Johnson until police arrived to arrest him.
Johnson was taken without incident and is facing charges of armed robbery and aggravated assault, however, police are now on the lookout for a second person who they believe acted as Johnson’s getaway driver.”
- Crime doesn’t pay (wwlp.com)
- Armed citizens take down suspect robber; getaway driver on the loose (azfamily.com)
” Police say Kevin Wayne Chapman and April Lynn Stewart had planned to rob a retired D.C. police officer at his home. According to the Calvert County Sheriff’s Office, the two started banging on the front door around 10:30 p.m. and were greeted by the retired officer armed with a handgun.
When the suspects made aggressive movements, the retired officer fired shots, fatally striking Chapman. Stewart fled in a vehicle and was found at Chapman’s home Monday and charged with armed robbery.”
” People with bank accounts in Cyprus were shocked Saturday to learn that as part of an agreement reached with international creditors, the government has imposed a tax on all deposits to help bail out the nation and its banks.
While the island nation may be small, it’s an international favorite for offshore banking– particularly for wealthy Russians. The tax will range from 6.75% to 9.9%, depending on how much is in the account.
“This is a clear-cut robbery,” Andreas Moyseos, a former electrician who is now a pensioner in Nicosia, told the New York Times. Iliana Andreadakis, a book critic, further added: “This issue doesn’t only affect the people’s deposits, but also the prospect of the Cyprus economy. The E.U. has diminished its credibility.” “
- EUROZONE COUNTRY: Surprise! We’re Putting At Least a 6.75% Tax On Bank Deposits (tarpon.wordpress.com)
- Cyprus parliament delays vote on bank deposits tax (miamiherald.com)
- Cyprus depositors face up to 10% haircut as part of bailout deal agreed at Eurogroup (ekathimerini.com)
- BREAKING ALERT! CHAOS IN CYPRUS: “Thousands” Are Withdrawing Their Money; ALERT IN THE SOUTHERN EUROPEAN COUNTRIES – Cyprus-Rescue Shows, No Accounts Are Safe! | InvestmentWatch (2012indyinfo.com)
- Cyprus rescued with €10bn bailout but savers will have to pay (independent.co.uk)
- Cyprus: panic as savings levy is imposed (guardian.co.uk)
” An eyewitness says two men with guns came into Harry Little’s shop. Robert George says he was trying to grab one robber’s gun when another robber put a gun to his back. When one of the armed men started to go around the counter, the shop owner pulled out his gun.”
HT/ Guns Save Lives
- Armed citizens thwart crime while some applaud and others worry (jsonline.com)
- No Robbery Here … Thanks To A Gun … An “Evil” AR-15 At That (youviewed.com)
” This past Thursday a male and female armed couple broke into an Inkster, Michigan tax business. Expecting money, the assailants were surprisingly met with a security guard who quickly retreated into to the back room of the office to grab his AR-15. Realizing they were outgunned, the armed robbers retreated.”
- Armed Robbers Met By AR-15 After Quick Thinking Security Guard Fires Shots (VIDEO) (americanlivewire.com)
- Watch Armed Robber Quickly Retreat When He is Met With an AR-15 (VIDEO) (guns.com)
- Camera Catches Moment Security Guard Uses an AR-15 To Fight An Armed Robbery (VIDEO) (americanlivewire.com)
- Memo to Piers Morgan: Here’s ANOTHER Example of an AR-15 Used for Self-Defense (thetruthaboutguns.com)
- AR-15-Wielding Security Guard Chases Off Robbers (nationalreview.com)
- Sacramento Is Short One Armed Robber … Thanks To Guns (youviewed.com)
- Another Two Bite The Dust … Or Two Out Of Three Ain’t Bad …Thanks To A Gun (youviewed.com)
GUESS THE ENDING: TRIO OF SUSPECTED ARMED ROBBERS TRIES ‘VIOLENTLY’ BREAKING INTO HOME OF DAD AND HIS 2-YEAR-OLD SON AND…
” A father protecting his home and his 2-year-old son opened fire on a trio of suspected armed robbers in Virginia on Sunday killing two of them. The third man escaped and is still at large.”
” Authorities said two suspects were pronounced dead at the scene, while the third managed to escape on foot.
We’re told the homeowner and the child were not harmed.
Right now, there is a vague description of that third suspect, who is believed wearing dark clothing. According to Reed, K-9 units tracked the suspect a quarter of a mile west of the crime scene. It was there, investigators say, the suspect is believed to have gotten into a vehicle.”
- Home Invasion Leaves 2 Suspects Dead And 1 On The Run In VA (dreamingallmylife.com)
- Two people dead in home invasion (wtvr.com)
- Two South Florida Men Use Guns to Protect Themselves from Robbers (breitbart.com)
” An armed man entered a cell phone store in Sacramento, CA and went straight towards a back office area and approached an employee.
A second employee, who was armed with a gun, came from the office with his weapon and fired one shot at the armed man.
The suspect was shot and died of his injuries.”
- Police: Sacramento Store Employee Shoots, Kills Suspected Robber (sacramento.cbslocal.com)
” In New York and across the country, the mobs of kids – 20, 30, 40 or more — appear out of nowhere and suddenly charge a newsstand or convenience store.
They ransack, steal and wreak havoc with no consideration for customers, such as Bennett, who get in their way.
“They assemble, they do whatever it is that they’re going to do, and then they disassemble in a matter of minutes,” said Jon Shane, assistant professor of criminal justice at John Jay College. “By the time somebody recognizes what is happening or is injured, if the police are able to respond, it’s slow.”
Teens have destroyed the newsstand on 57th Street between Eighth and Ninth avenues so many times that the manager has been forced to shut down completely in the afternoon so he doesn’t lose any more money.”
Meanwhile in Chicago :
” Victims of ‘non-threatening’ crimes such as burglaries, thefts, and simple assault in Chicago will no longer be visited by officers when they call 911.
Chicago police are now enforcing an austere new measure where officers are not dispatched to scenes where the offender has fled and where no one is in immediate danger.
The Windy City is in the middle of both a crime and budget crisis, with sprees of violence erupting, even as first responders are forced to drastically slash their budgets.”
So as you can see in two of the most anti-gun cities in the country the police are only 10-20 minutes away when you need them , if they respond at all , yet you have no right to defend yourselves . But the elitists do …
Update : Add Seattle To The List …
” Hundreds of flash robs around the country are just some of the examples of black mob lawlessness documented in the book “White Girl Bleed a Lot: The return of racial violence and how the media ignore it.”
Denying black mob lawlessness is a popular past time: Seattle has “fewer problems with racism than other cities,” says the blog So Seattle. “Ethnic tensions … seem less tangible.”
Seattle may not have the day-in, day-out, racial violence of a Chicago, or the peculiar racial anarchy of small-town Peoria. But more and more people are paying attention to the increasingly visible and brutish mayhem groups of black people are visiting on a pregnant woman, veterans, old people, young people, “gay” people, Asians and everyone in between. Right there in good old Seattle.
Let’s start with 17-year-old, pregnant Jessica Redmon-Beckstead. She was riding the bus with her boyfriend when five black women started to taunt, attack, kick, punch and rob her.”
You can’t be trusted to protect yourselves so let the professionals handle it . Wait for the police … and wait … and wait …
- Bloomberg’s Gun-Free New York Terrorized By Violent Thieving Mobs (stevengoddard.wordpress.com)
- Flash Mobs Turning Into Epidemic On NYC Streets; NYPD Powerless (12160.org)
- Seattle in denial about black mobs (wnd.com)
- FLASH MOB MAYEM Turning Into Epidemic On NYC Streets NYPD Powerless (familysurvivalprotocol.com)
- NYPD Crime (secondcitycop.blogspot.com)
- (Video) Study names Chicago most corrupt city in United States (nalert.blogspot.com)
- Black Flash Mobs Wreak Havoc in New York City (Video) (thegatewaypundit.com)
” When a young man tried to rob a woman, a great-grandmother, on a bus in Detroit, the woman fought back.
There were other people on the bus when the man tried to assault the woman and steal her backpack and purse, but no one made a move to help the woman.”
- Texas bank welcomes concealed handguns to stop ‘Yankee’ robbers (rawstory.com)
- Gutsy grandma shoots at robber (clickondetroit.com)
- Armed Dad Shoots Robbery Suspect, Defends Baby Son (pjmedia.com)
- Defensive Gun Use of the Day: Man Defends Self and Infant Son from Armed Robber (thetruthaboutguns.com)
- Bank robber shot and killed by security officer in Flint bank lobby, police say (mlive.com)
- Intruder Chased Out of House by Wheelchair-Bound Veteran With Handgun (foxnewsinsider.com)
- Pizza store manager grabs armed robber (q13fox.com)
” MICHIGAN CITY, Ind — A recent home invasion that led to two suspects getting shot is causing a buzz in Michigan City.
Today people are speaking out after a homeowner took matters into his own hands when coming face to face with a couple intruders.
According to police, a man was inside his home on Pontiac Drive Friday night when two people broke in.
He pulled out a gun, shot both of them, and kept one of them at gunpoint until police got there. “
- Akron police shoot home invasion suspect (newsnet5.com)
- One Shot During Home Invasion (wreg.com)
- Today’s Feel Good Gun Defense Stories: Home Invasions Thwarted by Gun-Toting Homeowners (nicedeb.wordpress.com)
- Arrest In Avon Home Invasion (connecticut.cbslocal.com)
- Suspect threatened infant at gunpoint (rep-am.com)
- Police investigate east Erie home-invasion robbery (goerie.com)
- Homeowner Shoots 2 Intruders in Six Weeks (fox8.com)
” The Miami area saw two stories of armed citizens protecting themselves Monday night. A homeowner in Miami stopped his house from being robbed by shooting the intruders, killing one. Meanwhile, a gas station clerk in Hollywood, Florida used a gun to stop would-be robbers, killing one suspect “
- 2 would-be robbers killed in South Florida (news4jax.com)
- Two robbers shot dead in Hollywood, North Miami-Dade (miamiherald.com)
- 2 would-be robbers killed in South Florida (miamiherald.com)
- Gas Station Clerk Shoots and Kills Would-Be Robber (nbcmiami.com)
- Two robbers shot dead by intended victims (whptv.com)
- Man Uses Gun to Protect Two-Month Old Son from Armed Robber (breitbart.com)
- Robber Had Cattle Prod. Store Clerk had Gun. Who Won? (politicaloutcast.com)
” Set against the backdrop of a national debate over gun control, a shooting early Tuesday in a Stone Oak-area subdivision that left one burglary suspect dead and another critically injured didn’t just spark talk about the incident itself but about the best way to keep from becoming a victim.
Life on Lightstone Drive had returned to normal Tuesday afternoon for the neighbors of Roger Bond Pemberton, who shot at the two men he believed were trying to take his SUV, police said.
The crime scene tape no longer blocked access to his neighbors’ homes. The detectives, evidence technicians and patrol officers all were long gone. But the 1:50 a.m. shooting still was the talk of the street.
“If it was a legitimate theft I support what he did,” neighbor Michelle Harms said.
- Homeowner Shoots Two Breaking into SUV (woai.com)
- Georgia Mom Being Hailed As Hero After Shooting Intruder To Protect Kids (atlanta.cbslocal.com)
- Mom who shot intruder inspires gun control foes (cbsnews.com)
- Melinda Herman, Mom Who Shot Intruder, Inspires Gun Control Foes (huffingtonpost.com)
- Home-invasion shooting joins gun debate (refreshingnews99.blogspot.com)
- Shooting in Stone Oak adds to dialogue on guns (mysanantonio.com)
- 1 dead, 1 wounded as Stone Oak man thwarts burglary (mysanantonio.com)
Worldwide – U.S. Ranks 1st in Gun Ownership and 28th in Gun Homicide, Ron Paul says Resent and Resist
” As SLN reported, “However, according to the CATO Institute and FBI statistics, when guns were banned in the UK, armed robbery rates jumped 40%. In Australia, armed robbery rates increased 40%. The statistics also show that the majority of robberies in the UK happen when people are home, which is 50% of the time.”
Interestingly, Britain’s violent crimes rate is 2,034 per 100,000 people compared to the United States’ 466 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
A prominent figure in the Liberty movement and a man who helped Rep. Massie find his path to D.C., former Congressman Ron Paul spoke out against the idea of gun grabbing on Wednesday during the Alex Jones show. Paul said regarding Obama signing a gun-related executive order, “Well, it should go without saying, he’s has gone way too far. It should also go without saying, he’s acting with the use of illegal violence.”
The former Rep. detailed, “I’ve always assumed the line in the sand will be drawn, if the federal agent marches in, unannounced and they say, well give me your gun and give me your gold. I don’t think we’ll do that, calmly. I think the American people will highly resent it and resist.” “
- Britain, The Most Violent Country In Europe: Violence Rate Is 4.36 Times Worse Than in The U.S. (infiniteunknown.net)
- Do you notice that the Left always categorizes “gun crime” as different than “other” violent crimes? (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- Lew Rockwell: Ron Paul Has ‘Secret’ Plans for Continued Leadership For The Liberty Movement (libertycrier.com)
- 18 Facts That Prove That Piers Morgan Is Flat Out Lying About Gun Control (thedailysheeple.com)
- 18 Reasons Why Piers Morgan is Full of **** (ericpetersautos.com)
- Obama Executive Orders on Guns Would Spark Mass Resistance (dprogram.net)
- Profiling Thomas Massie and Kerry Bentivolio, a Couple of Potential “Next Ron Paul”s in Congress (txwclp.org)
- Ron Paul revolution continues in Congress (rt.com)
” Our research reveals the 100 safest cities in America with 25,000 or more people, based on the total number of property and violent crimes per 1,000 residents. Crimes include burglary, larceny-theft, motor vehicle theft, murder, forcible rape, armed robbery, and aggravated assault. Data used for this research are 1) the number of total crimes reported to the FBI to have occurred in each city, and 2) the population of each city. See our FAQ on how we rank the safest cities in America
Click on any city name below to get a report”
|99||San Clemente, CA|
|98||San Juan Capistrano, CA|
|97||Hoffman Estates, IL|
|91||Winter Springs, FL|
Click Through For The Rest Of The Results
- The 25 Most Dangerous Colleges In America (businessinsider.com)
- FBI shares data for 2011 crimes by community (heraldnet.com)
- 25 Most Dangerous Colleges In America (mryoungscholar.com)
- The Cities Where Violent Crime Is Soaring (drhiphop85.com)
- Massachusetts violent crime rates by city and town (heat map) (bizjournals.com)
- FBI Reports Hate Crimes Down (personalliberty.com)
One more cretin has left the gene pool …
” “It was just your normal robbery, ‘give me your money,’” said Sgt. Burt Roberts.
At least until the suspect wound up behind the counter in a confrontation with the men, who pulled out their own guns: a 40-caliber handgun and a shotgun.
They fired “multiple shots” at the suspect during the course of the robbery, Roberts said.
“We’ve been robbed!” one of the workers frantically yelled to a 911 dispatcher, according to a recording of the call. “I’m holding a gun to his head! We shot him. He pulled a gun on us and started shooting, so we shot him….He came at me with the gun. He said ‘go behind the counter and get me the money.’” “
Meanwhile , down the road apiece …
” The man told police he fired several gunshots in self-defense at two juveniles and a man trying to rob him on the street.
The suspects were taken to University Hospital with non-life threatening injuries, treated and released, police said. “
The fact that citizens have a right , nay a responsibility , to protect themselves and those around them is becoming more and more apparent to every right-thinking citizen .
” The most recent U.S. Department of Justice study available, from 1994, found that 1.5 million people use firearms to defend themselves against crimes annually.
That includes victims firing shots and those who simply displayed their weapons to their assailants, who fled, Pierce said.
“There is an increase in people who are becoming aware of their own responsibility for personal protection and the fact that the police simply cannot be there the moment that crime occurs,” Pierce said. “They would if they could, but it’s simple physics. They are minutes away and seconds count.
“Anytime a robber or a perpetrator fires first, you’ve already been presented with deadly force. There is no choice. Law enforcement simply tells people to give the robbers what they want and to let them go, but when you have a robber who is determined not to leave any witnesses behind and initiates deadly force, that advice can only get you killed.” “
- Ohio gas station clerks fatally shoot robber (ohio.com)
- Police: Clerks shoot and kill robber (wcpo.com)
- Video: Church’s Chicken manager snatches gun from robber’s hand (kansascity.com)
- Toledo clerks thwart 2 robberies (toledoblade.com)
- ATM robbery victim kills suspect; not charged (miamiherald.com)
” You may have seen our post about the Autozone employee who was fired for retrieving his personal handgun from his truck and stopping an armed robbery at the AutoZone store he worked at. McLean was fired two days later for violating the company’s policy on firearms in the workplace.
There is now some more info coming out that Devin previously served his country in the Air Force and is expecting his first baby (a boy) by the end of December.
In order to help Devin out, the administrator of a Boycott AutoZone Facebook Page has setup a donation page where you can make a donation. “
- Get Out Of The Zone (personalliberty.com)
- Heroic AutoZone Employee Fired for Using Gun to Thwart Armed Robbery (foxnewsinsider.com)
- Sheriff says he plans to honor ‘AutoZone Hero’ for taking action against ‘Fake Beard Bandit’ (wtkr.com)
- AutoZone Employee Fired For Defending His Employer’s Property From Armed Robber (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
” A trio allegedly responsible for 11 armed robberies over the past two weeks in Paterson, New Jersey, had their luck cut short when one victim, a store clerk armed with a handgun, decided to fight back Tuesday evening.
According to the Paterson Times, the string of robberies came to a close when two of the suspects, 23-year-old Jermaine Eason and 23-year-old Rayvon Wilson, both armed and wearing masks, entered Paterson’s El Jaya Deli & Grocery around 8 p.m. The owner of the store, who was behind the cash register, said one of the suspects kept an eye on two employees in the back of the store while the other was up front pointing a handgun at him.
He told the newspaper that he was frozen with fear as the suspect up front shouted, “Don’t look at me. Don’t look at my face. I will kill you. You’re going to be dead.”
The robbers then ransacked the store making off with $6,500 and several cartons of cigarettes, but as they made their way out the door an employee, the owner’s cousin, grabbed a gun, which he kept hidden behind the register, under a shelf of socks, and proceeded to chase the suspects. “
- Armed suspects tie up Target workers, rob Union Township store without others noticing (nj.com)
- Tifton Police search for armed robbery suspects (mysouthwestga.com)
- Wichita store clerk fatally shoots robbery suspect (sfgate.com)
- Armed jeweler scares off robbery suspects (upi.com)
- Suspects wanted in armed robberies of convenience stores (wafb.com)
” However, the caper seemed to be meticulously planned as the men were equipped with brass knuckles, a knife, a crowbar, a stun gun and were wearing rubber gloves.
They ordered Conley into the house and the three made their way to the bedroom, where Stremovihtg, who apparently heard the commotion, was waiting. Unlike Conley, Stremovihtg wasn’t about to be caught off guard – he had his .38-caliber revolver ready and opened fire on the intruders, striking Bennett in the chest.
Bennett and Barsalou fled and Bennett made it all the way to the front yard before he collapsed. The news report said there was blood all over the steps. Barsalou was able to retreat to a vehicle and drive off. Stremovihtg fired off one shot at the parting vehicle, but the suspect got away. “
Update :Another One Bites The Dust … This Time In Cleveland
Good For Florida , Good For Ohio , Good For US
” Police investigated and puzzled out the source of this mysterious double shooting. According to their report, it all started when a woman invited a man back to her room at the Economy Inn, implying that it was his lucky night.
But everything wasn’t as it seemed. The woman, 18-year-old Brittany Sue Carter, was actually part of a scheme intended to rob the unsuspecting man, 28-year-old Jose Cruz. Carter had multiple armed men waiting for the pair in the motel room. As soon as the pair walked in at least one of the suspects drew a gun and demanded money from the unsuspecting mark.
Oh, but wait! Carter wasn’t the only person that night who was hiding something. Cruz was a licensed concealed carrier, and he drew his firearm and opened fire. Police revealed that two of the men had been shot in their “lower extremities.” “
- Police looking for 2 men who held up couple on street (rep-am.com)
- Armed Gunman Burst Into North City Home, One Person Wounded (fox2now.com)
- Armed, masked suspects rob Broaster’s Chicken in Syracuse (9wsyr.com)
- Few crimes committed by concealed-carry permit holders in Kansas (kansascity.com)
- Police Search For Suspect In String of Armed Robberies (stlouis.cbslocal.com)