” Is that a rat on Mars?
A photo from the mast camera on NASA’s Curiosity rover reveals the dusty orange, rock-strewn surface of the Red Planet — and what starry-eyed enthusiasts claim is a dusty orange rodent hiding among the stones.
The photo, taken Sept. 28, 2012, depicts the “Rocknest” site, where NASA’s rover took a scoopful of sand, tasted it, and determined it was full of weathered basaltic materials — not unlike Hawaii, the space agency’s scientists said last year.
The “creature” was identified on the UFO Sightings Daily website, where its finder, ScottCWaring, held tight to his opinion: That’s one darn cute rodent on Mars.”
- After Gorilla, NASA’s Curiosity rover finds ‘rat on Mars’ – Daily News & Analysis (dnaindia.com)
- ‘Mars rat’ spied by NASA’s Curiosity rover (foxnews.com)
- ‘Mars rat’ spied by NASA’s Curiosity rover (aworldchaos.wordpress.com)
- ‘Mars rat’ spied by NASA’s Curiosity rover (2012indyinfo.com)
- Rat-Like Anomaly Spotted on Mars by Curiosity Rover (techeblog.com)