” If you go on Twitter you’ll find lots of stuff like this. The clueless-cool set who voted overwhelmingly for Obama are now wondering how come he said taxes weren’t going to go up on 98 percent of the American people when here’s their first paycheck and taxes went up.
Call it Schadenfreude if you like. It’s a nasty habit. But considering that Obama managed to get himself re-elected despite a record more suited for the guillotine by playing Santa Claus, and considering that the media has rightly cast the fiscal cliff deal as a victory for the president and a loss for the Republicans, there’s a valuable silver lining here.
You can’t blame this on the GOP. Obama owns this.
Sure, the media will spin this as John Boehner trying to cut taxes for rich people and screwing Joe Six Pack. But nobody’s going to buy that. Not when they’ve got to stay home and dine on Mac & Cheese rather than get a burger at Applebee’s this weekend and every other weekend for the foreseeable future; this is Obama’s fault.
And that’s actually good. It’s good medicine for people who didn’t think there were personal consequences to voting for Obama without a clue what they were voting for. Maybe some of these drones will develop a little empathy for people whose taxes went up a hell of a lot more than two percent this week. ”
- First Paycheck Of The Year: Schadenfreude Is A Poor Substitute For Cash (minx.cc)
- Boehner 2 Months Ago: ‘Raising Tax Rates is Unacceptable’ — ‘Votes Aren’t There’ (cnsnews.com)
- Obama First Since Eisenhower to Win 51% of Vote Twice (politicalwire.com)
- Boehner critic goes public (wnd.com)
- Poll: Most suspect Santa Claus is a Democrat (thehill.com)
- What Happened to My Paycheck? (americanfreedombybarbara.com)
- Obama Trumpets Santa Claus Fiscal Cliff Position Vs GOP ‘Scrooge’ One (patdollard.com)
- Middle Class Got Creamed in Cliff Deal (rushlimbaugh.com)
- Poll Reveals Santa Is A Democrat (alan.com)