” Police say a suspect is in custody after a shooting at Berrendo Middle School in Roswell, N.M.
At least 3 people have been injured in the shooting, Roswell Police told Fox News, with two of them being children.
Brooke Linthicum of Eastern New Mexico Regional Medical Center told The Associated Press that the facility is treating two children for injuries, but would not disclose further information on their condition..
A post on the Roswell Police Department’s Facebook page urged parents not to go to the school as it is on lockdown.”
Tag Archive: School shooting
” Another shooting, another son of divorce. From Adam Lanza, who killed 26 children and adults a year ago at Sandy Hook School in Newtown, Conn., to Karl Pierson, who shot a teenage girl and killed himself this past Friday at Arapahoe High in Centennial, Colo., one common and largely unremarked thread tying together most of the school shooters that have struck the nation in the last year is that they came from homes marked by divorce or an absent father. From shootings at MIT (i.e., the Tsarnaev brothers) to the University of Central Florida to the Ronald E. McNair Discovery Learning Academy in Decatur, Ga., nearly every shooting over the last year in Wikipedia’s “list of U.S. school attacks” involved a young man whose parents divorced or never married in the first place.”
As we know , the graphic above is not entirely true , witness the accompanying article . There are some similarities beginning to emerge … absent fathers , liberal politics , and psychotropic drugs . Since these horrific events are still quite rare , in spite of the media’s Herculean efforts to convince the reader otherwise , the commonalities are only now becoming a recognizable trend .
“The 12-year-old boy who killed a teacher and wounded two students began by shooting a fellow student in the shoulder, police said Tuesday.
The boy, whose name has not been released, then shot and killed teacher Mike Landsberry before shooting a second student in the abdomen, Washoe County School District Police Chief Mike Mieras said at a news conference. He then shot himself to death, according to police.
The boy used a Ruger 9 mm semiautomatic handgun, said Sparks Deputy Police Chief Tom Miller.
Despite previous reports indicating the two wounded students had been shot inside the school building, all of the shots were fired outside, police said.
Landsberry walked toward the shooter on a playground basketball court after the first student was hit, saving lives, according to authorities.
“Mr. Landsberry’s heroic actions, by stepping toward the shooter, allowed time for other students in the playground area to flee,” Mieras said.
The teacher who died, Mike Landsberry, appeared to be trying to stop the incident when he was shot dead, Miller said Tuesday.
“It almost appears like he tried to talk him down,” he said.
True to his character, the former Marine, a popular math teacher at Sparks Middle School, rushed to help others when chaos erupted.”
” Marshall K. Robinson, who said his area of expertise is “firearm and tool mark identification,” testified at the Gun Violence Prevention Working Group, which was convened at the Connecticut State Capitol in response to the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting.
“Since November 1996, I have examined approximately 2,370 firearms. Of that number 36 of them were either .223/5.56 mm or 7.62×39 mm,” Robinson said. “The percentage of those guns was about [1.5 percent].”
“I did further research on homicides and assaults in the years 2006 to 2012 inclusive. Of the 217 such cases, there were 912 bullets and 466 cartridge cases recovered. One assault involved .223 caliber and none involved 7.63×39 mm caliber. The largest number cartridge cases recovered in one case was 37 and that involved two guns. The investigations that involved the recovery of eleven or more cartridge cases was 22. Of the 22 cases, 21 involved 2 or more guns,” Robinson added.
“In your infinite wisdom, you outlawed bayonet lugs, ﬂash hiders, and collapsible stocks,” he testified. “In over forty years of being a firearm and tool mark examiner, I have never seen these components inﬂict any injury whatsoever on any person. “
This man of 40 years experience in criminal investigation speaks truth to power with facts that are indisputable . If only there were more people like him in positions of authority .
- Controversial Gun Ban Heads for Defeat (huffingtonpost.com)
- Harry Reid To Drop Assault Rifle Ban From Senate Gun Bill (patdollard.com)
- Ban your minivan, not my Firearms. (reflectionandchoice.org)
- Albuquerque launches voluntary gun disposal program (KOB.com)
- Buy Guns On The Cheap At Gun Buybacks (personalliberty.com)
- What gunshot residue tests tell us (newsnet5.com)
- Dems to introduce new gun control bill in Senate: Assault weapon ban all but dead (junkscience.com)
” Here’s why the non-release of this video footage is so interesting:
Every time a school shooting takes place, one of the very first things that gets released to the media is the school surveillance footage depicting the gun and the shooter. The purpose of this is to associate the pain and anguish of the massacre to the image of a scary-looking rifle.
In mere days after the Columbine shooting in 1998, for example, the media received footage from the massacre and began playing it over and over again, hammering home the images of Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold with their guns. The same is true with numerous other school shootings as you’ll see below.
But with the Sandy Hook school shooting, no video footage has been released. A reasonable person has to ask the question: WHY?
You see, the release of footage of Adam Lanza murdering children with an AR-15 — if such a thing even happened — would strongly support the mainstream media’s call for banning so-called “assault rifles.” It would also:
• Amp up the emotional impact of the fear mongering being carried out by the media.
• Provide visual support for the gun-grabber’s plea to ban all rifles.
• Provide a wealth of images to be used by newspapers and magazines to further demonize the image of rifles.
… and yet, for some reason, we see no surveillance footage from Sandy Hook.
Why is that?
Answer: The AR-15 appears to have been left in his car and never even used in the shooting
The real answer to all this — and this reveals the “Big Lie” of the mainstream media — is that the Bushmaster AR-15 rifle was left in Lanza’s car.
It was never brought into the school in the first place. As a result, it was not used in the shooting.
This was openly admitted in an NBC news report that has since been scrubbed and marginalized. But NaturalNews captured the video and posted it on our own private video network which is immune from censorship :
We are being taken for a ride . What have we come to when virtually everything we hear from the “authorities” has to be taken as a potential lie put forth to advance a political agenda ? We are f***ed . Or perhaps we should say our government is f***ed .
And now to add further fuel to the ” false flag” fire check out this posted video :
Research for yourself and you decide
- Prominent rifle manufacturer killed in mysterious car crash days after posting psych drug link to school shooters (vineoflife.net)
- If There Is Nothing To Hide, We’d Already Have Seen The Security Footage….. (urbanintell.com)
- Sandy Hook AR-15 hoax? Still no school surveillance footage released (sgtreport.com)
- Gun Stuff and Making a Stand… (gds44.wordpress.com)
- Sandy Hook AR-15 Hoax: No School Surveillance Footage Released (lunaticoutpost.com)
- Sandy Hook AR-15 Hoax? Still No School Surveillance Footage Released (theintelhub.com)
- 10 Facts That Prove “Sandy Hook Shooting” was a Hoax (worldtruth.tv)
- Sullivan Central High School School Shooting Footage (VIDEO) (guns.com)
- Caroline Gudger’s Standoff (youviewed.com)
Joseph Nee aka Thomas Nee's Son
” President of the National Assocation of Police Officers and Boston Police Officer Thomas Nee is a member of Vice President Joe Biden’s gun control task force, which was created by President Obama in the aftermath of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting. Nee’s son, Joseph Nee, was convicted in 2008 for planning to commit mass murder of students and teachers at Marshfield High School in Massachusetts, similar to that of Columbine in 1999. After spending nine months in prison, Nee’s conviction was upheld by the Supreme Judicial Court.
Nee told police the plan involved taking ammunition and explosive devices into the school, securing the school’s exit doors with bicycle locks, and shooting students and staff.
- 2000 : Clinton Wanted To Put Police In Schools After Columbine Shooting (stevengoddard.wordpress.com)
- School Shootings: How Do We Prevent Them? (education.com)
- Member of Biden’s Gun Control Task Force Has a Son Convicted of Planning School Mass Murder (conservativeread.com)
- Member of Biden’s Gun Control Task Force Has a Son Convicted of Planning School Mass Murder (townhall.com)
” Members of the 113th Congress introduced 10 bills on Thursday relating to gun violence, most of which came from Democrats seeking new restrictions on gun ownership.
The flurry of legislative proposals show that members are likely to push the issue in the wake of the December shooting at a Connecticut elementary school that left 20 children dead.
Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-N.Y.), whose husband was shot to death in 1993, introduced four of the bills. The congresswoman has vowed to seek changes in federal law in response to the school shooting. “
- DeGette Introduces Gun Control Bill That Would Ban Large Magazines (denver.cbslocal.com)
- An Atheist’s Thoughts on: Monetization and Over Reaction after a Tragedy (allthatsevil.wordpress.com)
- New Congress Wasting No Time, Introduces 10 Gun Control Bills (voicerussia.com)
- Should lawmakers reign in gun ownership? (kitv.com)
- Erik Garcés: Arguing With Statists | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Ten New Gun Bills Introduced On First Day Of Congress (freedomoutpost.com)
A new Gallup poll shows that the National Rifle Association, the target of a wave of intensely negative news coverage after the Newtown, Connecticut school shootings, still has a favorable rating of 54 percent. While down from the organization’s 60 percent favorable rating in 2005, that is still about a point higher than President Obama’s personal favorable rating.
- Gallup: Majority of Americans approve of the NRA (hotair.com)
- Poll: 54 percent view NRA favorably (politico.com)
- Interesting … (youviewedblog.wordpress.com)
- Gallup Poll: 54% Have Favorable Opinion of the NRA (townhall.com)
- GALLUP: Most Americans Have A Favorable View Of The NRA (ibtimes.com)
” The NRA’s plan to arm teachers as a way to prevent future mass shootings is taking hold in some states around the country thanks to a little help from local gun rights organizations.
In Ohio, Jim Irvine – the president of the Buckeye Firearms Foundation - is giving away 24 free passes to his $1000 ‘Armed Teacher Training Program.’ So far, he’s received over 400 applications for the three-day tactical defense course being held this spring.
“What better use for an educational foundation than to help educators protect our children,” Irvine told the Associated Press.
Under state law, a law-abiding citizen with a valid concealed carry permit can bring a firearm on school grounds if he/she has the school district’s permission. Irvine suspects that more districts will be coming around to the idea of arming teachers, faculty and staff in the wake of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting. “
” The article, in explaining the decision to publish the information, pointed to the school massacre in nearby Newtown, Conn., and the concerns of some residents about which of their neighbors might have firearms.
But readers swiftly condemned the move. They pointed out that the interactive map could make the gun owners a target, but also make clear to would-be robbers which homes do not contain a gun.
“Do you fools realize that you also made a map for criminals to use to find homes to rob that have no guns in them to protect themselves?” one reader wrote on Facebook.
“You have just destroyed the privacy of these law abiding citizens and by releasing this list, you have equated them to that of sex offenders and murders,” wrote another. “These are law abiding gun owners, they are no danger to anyone except for criminals. And with this information you have made them targets for both criminals and anti gun lobbyist who i am sure are going to treat them like monsters.” “
- Right up in arms on paper’s gun map (politico.com)
- Own a gun? We know where you live (wnd.com)
- Outrage After Paper Names NY Gun Permit Holders (lunaticoutpost.com)
- Booker: I’m not afraid of law-abiding gun owners (hotair.com)
- New York Tells Rapists, Thieves and Murderers Which Homes to Target (gulagbound.com)
- New York Newspaper Publishes List of Concealed Carry Permit Holders Names, Addresses (thetruthaboutguns.com)
- ‘Deport Piers Morgan’ Petition Signed By More Than 30,000 (huffingtonpost.co.uk)
- To stop school shootings, we should let criminals have all the guns, argue gun control advocates (naturalnews.com)
” The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 48% of Americans believe more action to treat mental health issues will do the most to prevent incidents like last Friday’s school shootings in Newtown, Connecticut. Twenty-seven percent (27%) think stricter gun control laws will do the most to prevent such shootings, while 15% put the emphasis on limits on violent movies and video games. Ten percent (10%) are undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.) “
Illustration By Steve Greenburg
- School Shootings: How Do We Prevent Them? (education.com)
- NRA: Guns in schools would protect students (cbsnews.com)
- USCDA/Constitutional sheriff posse members who want to become armed agents in America’s schools (maddmedic.wordpress.com)
- Newtown Shootings Context: Americans’ Attitudes Towards Gun Control (pollingmatters.gallup.com)
” Following its decision to cancel the hit gun show American Guns in response to the Connecticut school massacre, the Discovery Channel has signaled that two more firearms-based programs are set to be axed.Despite admitting that Sons of Guns has enjoyed “pretty solid ratings,” Discovery Channel spokeswoman Laurie Goldberg indicated to the New York Times that the show would not get the green light for a new season.”
- Discovery Channel Cancels “American Guns,” Possibly “Sons of Guns” Too (thetruthaboutguns.com)
- Discovery Channel kicks Ted Nugent to the curb (rawstory.com)
- Connecticut elementary school Shooting One More Reason To Carry A Gun Dont Be A Sitting Duck. (antinewworldorderparty.wordpress.com)
- Reality TV Saved the Second Amendment (frontpagemag.com)
- Discovery Channel Documentary Proves Mind Control Assassin ‘Conspiracy’ (dprogram.net)
” The Old Media establishment has done a disservice to an American public heartbroken over the murders at a Connecticut grade school by reporting untrue “facts” over and over again and by using emotionally tinged phrases that do not relay fact but instead push an agenda.
Here are just a few of the badly garbled “facts” in this story that the media rushed to “report” before any truth was put to them.
Of course, the very first major mix up was the shooter’s name.
Also from the beginning, the murderer was reported as having strode through the school with a .223-caliber rifle, often referred to by the media here as an “assault weapon.”
Lanza is also being said to have been wearing “combat gear.” What does this even mean?
Some reporters are calling the killer’s mother an “avid gun collector.” There is no basis for this label.
There’s Lot’s More At The Link . Read It All .
- What happened in Connecticut Elementary School Shooting (americanlivewire.com)
- Enemies of Second Amendment Will Exploit Connecticut Shooting (pakalertpress.com)
- Nancy Lanza Was Prepping for Collapse (drudge.com)
- This is not that Ryan Lanza (al.com)
- Is This Ryan Lanza, the Connecticut School Shooter? (gawker.com)
- Apparently, This Is NOT Connecticut School Shooter Ryan Lanza’s Facebook (mediaite.com)
- Connecticut school shooting: This is probably the wrong Ryan Lanza (deathandtaxesmag.com)
” The finger of blame for Friday’s Sandy Hook school massacre has been firmly pointed at gun owners since the very first moments after the tragedy became public, but an additional scapegoat has now been identified – preppers.
“The mother of Adam Lanza, the gunman who killed 20 children and six adults in one of America’s worst ever school massacres, was a “survivalist” preparing for economic and social collapse, it has emerged,” reports the London Independent.
Lanza used three of his mother’s guns to carry out the shooting. Marsha Lanza underwent rigorous background checks and waiting periods before she was allowed to purchase the firearms.
It is now being implied that because Marsha Lanza was “self-reliant,” had readied herself for an “economic collapse,” and was proficient with firearms, that this rubbed off on her son and was a driving force behind the massacre.
The obvious inference being made is that anyone who buys storable food, owns firearms and is knowledgeable about societal and economic threats is potentially a mass murderer who needs to be watched very carefully, which is a meme that has already been making the rounds in recent months.
Because Marsha Lanza owned ten guns this means she somehow “stockpiled weapons” as part of her “paranoid” fantasies about doomsday.
It’s particularly cynical that Marsha Lanza’s lifestyle is being subtly blamed for the murder of 20 children given that she was the very first victim of Adam Lanza’s rampage.
Yahoo 7 News reports that, “Investigators are turning towards Nancy Lanza’s supposed identification as a survivalist,” as one of the contributing factors towards the shooting. “
- “The mother of the loner who massacred 26 pupils and staff at a US primary school may have played a major part in his catastrophic mental breakdown…” (althouse.blogspot.com)
- Gunman’s Aunt: Nancy Lanza Talked About Survivalism (littlegreenfootballs.com)
- What We Know About Nancy Lanza – The Mother of Sandy Hook Shooter Adam Lanza (americanlivewire.com)
- Adam Lanza shot mother four times before Sandy Hook massacre (metro.co.uk)
- Adam Lanza Tried to Buy Rifle Three Days Before Massacre (thetruthaboutguns.com)
” Until the Newtown horror, the three worst K–12 school shootings ever had taken place in either Britain or Germany.
Almost all of the public-policy discussion about Newtown has focused on a debate over the need for more gun control. In reality, gun control in a country that already has 200 million privately owned firearms is likely to do little to keep weapons out of the hands of criminals. We would be better off debating two taboo subjects — the laws that make it difficult to control people with mental illness and the growing body of evidence that “gun-free” zones, which ban the carrying of firearms by law-abiding individuals, don’t work. “
First, the mental-health issue. A lengthy study by Mother Jones magazine found that at least 38 of the 61 mass shooters in the past three decades “displayed signs of mental health problems prior to the killings.”
Gun-free zones have been the most popular response to previous mass killings. But many law-enforcement officials say they are actually counterproductive. “Guns are already banned in schools. That is why the shootings happen in schools. A school is a ‘helpless-victim zone,’”
Lott offers a final damning statistic: “With just one single exception, the attack on congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords in Tucson in 2011, every public shooting since at least 1950 in the U.S. in which more than three people have been killed has taken place where citizens are not allowed to carry guns.” “
- Connecticut’s Strict Gun Control Laws Did Not Stop the School Shootings in Newtown (thelonestarwatchdog.com)
- Here We Go Again – The Post-Shooting Blame Game (redalertpolitics.com)
- The Truth About Australia’s Gun Ban and Spree Killing (thetruthaboutguns.com)
- The Truth About the Guns Used in the Newtown School Shooting (thetruthaboutguns.com)
- “He was a nerd, genius, Goth”: Profile of gun killer Adam Lanza (mirror.co.uk)
- On Newtown and Gun Control: The Difficult Response (nationalreview.com)
- How to Spot a Hypocrite in the Gun Debate and Other Reflections on Newtown (libertyblitzkrieg.com)