” The man accused of hitting and killing a Harris County sheriff’s deputy while driving drunk was in the country illegally, a judge said in court overnight.
Andres Munos-Munos, 23, was charged with intoxication manslaughter in the death of Sgt. Dwayne Polk.
According to the Houston Police Department, Munos-Munos allegedly ran a red light on Little York at N. Shepherd and hit Polk’s personal truck shortly after 3 a.m. Sunday. HPD said there were no skid marks to indicate Munos-Munos even attempted to stop prior to the crash.”
Tag Archive: Sheriff
SHERIFF BRAD ROGERS – I Will NOT Allow Gun Confiscation
” Elkhart County Sheriff Brad Rogers speaks on defending the 2nd amendment. The rally was sponsored by the St. Joe County Republican party and was attended by over 200 supporters from all over the area.
Colorado Lawmakers – Secret Service Must Arrest Local Sheriffs For Failing To Enforce An Unenforceable LawGraphic by Michelle Morin
” The furor over the signing into law of Senate Bill 13-013 earlier this week by Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper went viral following the publishing ofan article by Mike Opelka at theblaze.com. Opelka suggested that the new law could be “used to arrest or force county sheriffs to enforce the state’s new gun laws,” whether they wanted to or not.
It was fanned into white heat when World News Daily quoted Colorado State Representative Lori Saine who exclaimed:
This is insane! In theory if a Secret Service agent is in a county where the sheriff has refused to enforce some of the recent unenforceable gun laws, the agent could [ignore the sheriff entirely and] arrest any individual if he believes the law has been broken…
I believe it is intended to be used for setting up a framework so that at some other time they could expand it to possibly include being able to arrest a sheriff who is refusing to enforce unconstitutional laws.
Charley Barnes, writing at K99.com in Denver, further fanned the controversy last Monday when he wrote:
By the sounds of it, Colorado is being targeted with an attempt to set up loopholes that will allow the U.S. Secret Service to arrest and remove an elected sheriff for refusing to enforce the law, or anyone [else] breaking the law.”
- State Grants Secret Service Vast New Powers to Circumvent Sheriffs (joemiller.us)
- Governor of Colorado About to Give Secret Service Power to Arrest Sheriffs (lunaticoutpost.com)
- Colorado sheriffs: Sorry, but these new gun laws would be kind of unenforceable (hotair.com)
- NONE FOR YOU: State Grants Secret Service Vast New Gun Grabbing Powers (secretsofthefed.com)
- Colorado sheriff says he won’t enforce ‘unenforceable’ new gun grab laws (twitchy.com)
Tenther News 03-17-13: The Nullification Movement Goes Local
” Last week in Southwest Utah, the Iron County Board of Commissioners voted unanimously in passing an Iron County 2nd Amendment Protection Resolution. This is the second Resolution passed in the county, the first being the Cedar City 2nd Amendment Resolution passed by the City Council in February.
The Resolution makes it clear that the county does not recognize any federal acts, laws, orders, rules, executive orders, or regulations that violate the 2nd Amendment of the US Constitution. It also requires the sheriff to take a stand to protect the right to keep and bear arms. It reads, in part:
“it shall be the duty of the Sheriff of Iron County to take all measures as may be necessary to prevent the enforcement of any federal acts, laws, orders, rules, or regulations in violation of the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States.”
Iron County Sheriff Mark Gower is fully on board with the resolution. He said, “I will not allow anyone to come into this county and violate the Constitutions of the United States or Utah. If I have to stand in the street and stop that from happening I would do it.” He further said, “I have refused to sign any agreements or contracts with Homeland Security or any other federal department and no one can come in and preempt the local control of our law enforcement. The US Constitution will not be violated on my watch.”
In Maine, the town of Millinocket also passed a 2nd Amendment resolution last week. Town Councilors Jimmy Busque and Michelle Anderson both explained the importance of this Resolution to those present. Busque explained the importance of the resolution and why its passage was required, followed by Anderson discussing the history of nullification. The resolution passed by a vote of 5-2.
A similar resolution is being considered on Monday night in Upper Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania. It would 1) Condemn federal overreach and infringement upon the Right of the Individual to Keep and Bear Arms; 2) Express support for, and urge immediate passage of PA House Bill 357 and 3) Reserve the right of the Township to take measures necessary to prevent enforcement of federal acts regarding the Right of the Individual to Keep and Bear Arms.
Also in Maine, the town of Brooksville held a public referendum in support of a Food Freedom Ordinance, which nullifies unconstitutional overreach from the FDA. The ordinance exempts “producers and processors” of local foods in town from state and federal licensure and inspection, so long as they leave the middleman out and sell their produce, baked goods, dairy and meat directly to customers. It passed by a vote of 112-64.”
READ THE REST HERE:http://news.tenthamendmentcenter.com/…
- Millinocket, Maine Passes 2nd Amendment Preservation Resolution (tenthamendmentcenter.com)
- Iron County Utah Tells Feds – Don’t Try to Enforce Gun Laws Here (fromthetrenchesworldreport.com)
- Nullification and Gun Control (economese.wordpress.com)
- Standing Up To UnConstitutional Acts: It’s Happening Now (personalliberty.com)
- Texas Gun Law Nullification Bills up for Committee Hearing (tenthamendmentcenter.com)
- 2nd Amendment Action Alert for Upper Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania (tenthamendmentcenter.com)
- Words Don’t Matter, Actions Do (tenthamendmentcenter.com)
- Oklahoma House of Representatives Passes ObamaCare Nullification Bill (blacklistednews.com)
” The Iowa sheriffs who oversee the counties of O’Brien and Woodbury have caused a stir with their decision to trash carry permit applications once they’re processed, instead of saving them for the three-year period that the Iowa Department of Public Safety recommends.
Why is this a big deal? Put another way, does it even matter that these counties destroy the applications once a gun owner has been issued or denied a carry permit?
Ross Loder of the Iowa Department of Public Safety told the Des Moines Register that while junking the paperwork that is supposed to be part of the public record isn’t illegal, it’s not the preferred protocol given the following concerns:”
- 2 Iowa counties destroy gun permit applications (usatoday.com)
- Most Iowans Applying for Gun Permits Getting Approved (kcrg.com)
- Most Iowa gun applicants get permits: Report (thegazette.com)
Google Map Of Botched SWAT Raids Nationwide
“Pierce County sheriff SWAT team invaded my home, shattered my bedroom window above my bed while I was asleep, detonated an explosive device, covered me with broken glass, frightened me,” Stivers wrote in her damages claim.
“Afterward, they did not secure my home, board up my window. They made no effort to repair the damage or even clean up the mess they made.”
The suit, filed by Tacoma attorney Geoffrey Cross, says Stivers’ daughter, who has multiple sclerosis, was frightened by the commotion.
The younger woman, who cannot move from her bed to her wheelchair without help, was isolated in her room for 30 minutes without knowing what was going on, according to the suit.
Sheriff’s spokesman Ed Troyer disputed the allegations Friday.”
- Dorner Killed by SWAT team (piodalcin.wordpress.com)
- SWAT Called to Man Barricaded into Cameron Park Home (fox40.com)
- Prank Sends Swat Team to Kardashian House (snspost.com)
” A new gun law calls on sheriffs to search the home of assault weapon owners.
One of the major gun-control efforts in Olympia this session calls for the sheriff to inspect the homes of assault-weapon owners. The bill’s backers say that was a mistake.
Forget police drones flying over your house. How about police coming inside, once a year, to have a look around?
As Orwellian as that sounds, it isn’t hypothetical. The notion of police home inspections was introduced in a bill last week in Olympia.
That it’s part of one of the major gun-control efforts pains me. It seemed in recent weeks lawmakers might be headed toward some common-sense regulation of gun sales. But then last week they went too far. By mistake, they claim. But still too far.
“They always say, we’ll never go house to house to take your guns away. But then you see this, and you have to wonder.” “
- Missouri House Democrats propose assault weapon ban (kansascity.com)
- Firearms maker pulls business from N.Y. after new gun law (washingtontimes.com)
- Mistake in gun bill could defeat the effort (A mistake’s only a mistake if you’re caught) (grumpyelder.com)
- Washington State Proposed Gun Law Calls on Sheriff to Inspect Homes of Assault-Weapon Owners (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Companies fire back in nationwide 2nd Amendment debate (EndtheLie.com)
- Gun Control Fanatics Continue Biggest Gun Nanny Contest (personalliberty.com)
- Mistake in gun bill could defeat the effort (seattletimes.com)
” The L.A. County Sheriff’s Department is known in gun-rights circles for being stingy with concealed-weapons permits. Sheriff Lee Baca has total discretion over who is allowed to get a permit, and he hasn’t given out many.
As of May 2012, only 341 people had been granted them, according to sheriff’s records. Compare that with the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department, which had 1,754 permit holders in 2011, despite a population of just 2 million people to L.A.’s 10 million. The Kern County Sheriff granted even more, with 3,564 permit holders in a population of 800,000 people.
In L.A. County, records show, most of the permits go to judges and reserve deputies. But there is another group that seems to have better luck than most in obtaining permits: friends of Lee Baca. Those who’ve given the sheriff gifts or donated to his campaign are disproportionately represented on the roster of permit holders.
Michel had not looked in depth at L.A. County’s practices, but the Weekly did. Last year, the Weekly filed a public records request for all 341 active concealed-weapons permits granted by the Sheriff’s Department — as well as a list of the 123 people who applied for concealed weapons over an 18-month period but were denied. (You can see the complete list of permit holders we obtained from the Sheriff’s Department here.)
Those lists contain many of the same names that appear on Baca’s gift reports and contribution records.
In fact, more than two dozen people who have given gifts or campaign contributions to the sheriff also have gun permits. More than one out of every 10 permits issued to civilians went to people on Baca’s gift list. The permit holders include Michael R. Yamaki, an attorney and reserve deputy who is among Baca’s best friends, as well as several people who attended Baca’s 1999 wedding.”
- You: Long Beach police chief mulls challenge to Baca (latimes.com)
- Sheriff Lee Baca to stop taking political donations from deputies (latimesblogs.latimes.com)
- L.A. County Sheriff’s Department intends to fire seven deputies (latimes.com)
- More gun owners seek to conceal carry (newsnet5.com)
- L.A. County Sheriff’s Department intends to fire seven deputies for belonging to a secret law enforcement clique (blacklistednews.com)
- Long Beach police chief considers run against Baca for sheriff’s job (latimesblogs.latimes.com)
- Audit Shows Sheriff’s Response Time Longer In Unincorporated Areas (losangeles.cbslocal.com)
- L.A. County sheriff’s area homicides fall; serious crime up overall (latimes.com)
” Christopher Dorner is dead … officially … now that officials say they have POSITIVELY identified the killer’s remains.
The San Bernardino Sheriff’s Dept. released a statement saying, “The charred human remains located in the burned out cabin in Seven Oaks have been positively identified to be that of Christopher Dorner.” “
- Dorner’s Calif. driver’s license found in burned cabin – AP source (abclocal.go.com)
- Sheriff: Cabin not purposely burned (utsandiego.com)
- Driver’s license of Christopher Dorner found with charred human remains in … (nydailynews.com)
- Rogue Ex-Cop, Christopher Dorner Siege: Audio Reveals Intent by LAPD to Burn Down Cabin (pumabydesign001.com)
” As police scoured mountain peaks for days, using everything from bloodhounds to high-tech helicopters, the revenge-seeking ex-cop they wanted was hiding among them, holed up in a vacation cabin across the street from their command post.
It was there that Christopher Dorner apparently took refuge last Thursday, four days after beginning a deadly rampage that would claim four lives.
The search ended abruptly Tuesday when a man believed to be Dorner bolted from hiding, stole two cars, barricaded himself in a vacant cabin and mounted a last stand in a furious shootout in which he killed one sheriff’s deputy and wounded another before the building erupted in flames.
He never emerged from the ruins and hours later a charred body was found inside.
“We have reason to believe that it is him,” San Bernardino County sheriff’s spokeswoman Cynthia Bachman said.”
- Christopher Dorner shootout: 1 deputy killed, 1 wounded, sources say (latimesblogs.latimes.com)
- Dorner Shootout From Cabin In The Mountains (youviewed.com)
- Rogue ex-LAPD officer believed dead after standoff (boston.com)
- Christopher Dorner Shootout Reported In Big Bear (blogs.laweekly.com)
- Fans Cheer Him On TWITTER: ‘Fight The Power’… (breitbart.com)
- Dorner in shootout with police, two deputies down. Dorner may be in cabin in Angelus Oaks. Roads closed out of Big Bear mountains, schools locked down (laobserved.com)
- One Cop Dead , One Wounded ,In Shootout With Dorner Barricaded In Mountain Cabin (youviewed.com)
- Christopher Dorner shootout: Ex-cop may be watching news, police say (latimesblogs.latimes.com)
- URGENT: Fugitive Ex-Cop in Shootout With Authorities; Barricaded in Cabin (foxnews.com)
” “There’s no other way to say it, except that we have a horrific crime scene down there that we are working on,” said Houston.
Nehemiah Griego, 15, was arrested following the shootings at the residence in a rural area southwest of downtown Albuquerque, the sheriff’s department said. He was charged with two counts of murder and three counts of child abuse resulting in death.
Authorities identified the victims as Greg Griego, 51, his wife Sara Griego, 40, and three of their children: a 9-year-old boy, Zephania Griego, and daughters Jael Griego, 5, and Angelina Griego, 2. “
- Nehemiah Griego, Teen, Allegedly Shoots Parents And 3 Children In Albuquerque – Huffington Post (huffingtonpost.com)
- ‘Horrific’ scene after teen allegedly kills family (usnews.nbcnews.com)
- NM teen accused of killings of parents‚ 3 children (thehimalayantimes.com)
- US shooting victims are chaplain, wife, 3 kids (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- Police: N.M. boy kills parents, siblings (kshb.com)
- Teen accused of killing parents, three siblings in New Mexico (metronews.ca)
” Deputies say, the girl was home alone when a man she’d never seen before, rang the front doorbell. They say when no one answered the door, the man went around to the back of the house and kicked a door open. That’s when authorities say, the girl grabbed a gun and hid in a bathroom closet.
“He had worked his way all the way through the house and into the bathroom. And from what we understand, he was turning the doorknob when she fired through the door.” Says Bryan County Under sheriff, Ken Golden.
After the man was shot, The 12- year old ran out of the closet and called for help.
Authorities say she kept her cool despite the potential danger. “She was very brave, she stayed on the phone with the dispatcher the whole time – talked all the way through it and was still on the phone with dispatch when we got into the house.” Says Golden. “
- 12-YEAR-OLD GIRL SHOOTS HOME INTRUDER: “Deputies say the girl was home alone when a man she’d never… (pjmedia.com)
- Mom protects kids, shoots home intruder (newsfixnow.com)
- Georgia mom home alone with kids shoots ex-con intruder (foxnews.com)
- CMU Abduction: 14 Year Old Answers Door, Student Tied Up (fox17online.com)
- Mom shoots intruder at point-blank range to protect her kids (examiner.com)
- Mom who shot intruder inspires gun control foes (usatoday.com)
“The left is in love with laws and legislation. It adds more and more regulations to a giant pile that no one has any time to read, let alone enforce, so that enforcement is entirely selective.
New laws are passed and then ignored. Everyone is always guilty of something because of the sheer number of laws out there. And when the problem that the laws were created to solve continues, that’s justan excuse for bigger legislative overreaches
But this is classic liberalism. Some laws are important and some aren’t. And their priority changes at a given moment. Enforcing the unimportant ones is ridiculed, but enforcing the important ones becomes a matter of life and death.”
Illustration By Clay Bennett
- Steve Toth Proposes Banning Federal Gun Bans In Texas (huffingtonpost.com)
- Linn Co. sheriff tells Joe Biden he won’t enforce new federal gun control laws (oregonlive.com)
- Oregon Sheriff: ‘Unconstitutional’ Gun Laws Won’t be Enforced (5newsonline.com)
- Heartland Institute Experts React to President Obama’s Gun Control Proposals (prweb.com)
- Biden: We need more gun laws because we don’t have time to enforce the ones we have (hotair.com)
“If lawmakers want to curb gun violence, they must begin not with laws aimed at limiting the use of weapons, but with the state of mind of the people who use them.
That was the message many state legislators took away Thursday from a Maine Sheriff’s Association training session held at the Senator Inn & Spa. The session aimed to provide an overview of issues at the heart of the ongoing gun control debate.
Randall Liberty, Kennebec County’s sheriff and the association vice president, singled out mental health — not guns — as the key to reducing violence related to shootings.
Sen. Roger Katz, R-Augusta, who held and examined a variety of rifles and guns with other legislators, said after the training that the Legislature must get beyond discussion about the danger of particular firearms to improve safety.
“The harder work is to take a hard look at our mental health system and see if we’re really getting at the root,” Katz said. “
- Milwaukee Co. Sheriff Calls Gun Control Plan Meaningless (wsaw.com)
- Linn Co. sheriff letter to VP Biden backs gun rights (nwcn.com)
- Sheriffs and state push back against gun control (mysanantonio.com)
- Canyon County sheriff speaks out against gun proposals (ktvb.com)
- Some Oregon sheriffs are embarrassing us (blueoregon.com)
- Sheriffs and state push back against gun control (sfgate.com)
- Joe Carr, Tennessee Legislator, Proposes Gun Control Law Ban (huffingtonpost.com)
- In rural America, some sheriffs vow to defy Obama on gun control (news.yahoo.com)
Three more Oregon Sheriffs join Tim Mueller of Linn County In standing up for liberty and the Constitution
” At least four Oregon sheriffs say they will refuse to enforce federal gun regulations that they feel violate the Constitution.
Linn County Sheriff Tim Mueller went public Tuesday with a letter addressed to Vice President Joe Biden.
In it, he said he would not deprive citizens of their right to bear arms when they have broken no laws. He also said he wouldn’t let federal authorities enforce gun regulations in his territory either. “
- Linn Co. sheriff letter to VP Biden backs gun rights (nwcn.com)
- Oregon Sheriff Tells Biden He Will Not Enforce Unconstitutional Federal Gun Laws (godfatherpolitics.com)
- Support Your Local Sheriff (youviewed.com)
- Where Hope Lies: The Several States (thecampofthesaints.org)
- Coos, Curry, Crook and Linn county sheriffs refuse to enforce federal gun regulations (oregonlive.com)
- Sheriff: ‘Unconstitutional’ gun laws won’t be enforced (edition.cnn.com)
- Some Sherrifs Warning That They Will Protect Citizens from Feds Enforcing New Gun Laws (cryptogon.com)
- Oregon Sheriff Tells Biden: Hands Off Our Guns (radio.foxnews.com)
- Oregon Sheriff: I Will Not Enforce New Federal Gun Laws (5440fight.com)
” JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — A homeowner scared off two would-be robbers after they tried to break into his Gasparilla Park Ct. home Tuesday afternoon, according to a report from the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office.
According to the homeowner, a second man entered his home through the broken window, and, out of fear, the homeowner fired shots from two handguns, a 9mm and a .38, at the suspect. The homeowner told police he wasn’t sure if he hit the suspect or not. “
- Today’s Feel Good Gun Defense Stories: Home Invasions Thwarted by Gun-Toting Homeowners (nicedeb.wordpress.com)
- Burglars draw gunfire from Jacksonville homeowner (jacksonville.com)
- Home invasion investigated (qctimes.com)
- Lyon County homeowner shoots suspect during home invasion (kansas.com)
- Man uses baseball bat to thwart armed home invasion in Athens (onlineathens.com)
- Police: Homeowner shoots at burglars (news4jax.com)
- Another Successful Home Defense (youviewed.com)
- Three Home Invasions Stopped Because of Guns (breitbart.com)
- Suspect Wanted in Georgia Home Invasion (wctv.tv)
” Set against the backdrop of a national debate over gun control, a shooting early Tuesday in a Stone Oak-area subdivision that left one burglary suspect dead and another critically injured didn’t just spark talk about the incident itself but about the best way to keep from becoming a victim.
Life on Lightstone Drive had returned to normal Tuesday afternoon for the neighbors of Roger Bond Pemberton, who shot at the two men he believed were trying to take his SUV, police said.
The crime scene tape no longer blocked access to his neighbors’ homes. The detectives, evidence technicians and patrol officers all were long gone. But the 1:50 a.m. shooting still was the talk of the street.
“If it was a legitimate theft I support what he did,” neighbor Michelle Harms said.
- Homeowner Shoots Two Breaking into SUV (woai.com)
- Georgia Mom Being Hailed As Hero After Shooting Intruder To Protect Kids (atlanta.cbslocal.com)
- Mom who shot intruder inspires gun control foes (cbsnews.com)
- Melinda Herman, Mom Who Shot Intruder, Inspires Gun Control Foes (huffingtonpost.com)
- Home-invasion shooting joins gun debate (refreshingnews99.blogspot.com)
- Shooting in Stone Oak adds to dialogue on guns (mysanantonio.com)
- 1 dead, 1 wounded as Stone Oak man thwarts burglary (mysanantonio.com)
” The highly popular YouTube channel known as FPSRussia, where this guy gets his hands on some of the latest and greatest weapons experienced a setback last Thursday. Business partner Keith Ratliff was found shot to death in Carnesville, Georgia. The police are treating it as a homicide.
” Franklin County Sheriff Stevie Thomas told local media that 32-year-old Keith Ratliff died of a single gunshot wound to the head and that his body had been sitting for some time before it was discovered. Thomas said investigators also found several guns in the area where Ratliff’s body was found and authorities are treating the death as a homicide until the investigation proves otherwise.
According to the report by Lake Hartwell Radio, Ratliff’s body was transported to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation Crime Lab in Atlanta for an autopsy. The GBI is assisting local authorities in investigating the incident.
According to the business’s annual registration submitted to the state, Ratliff and Kyle Lamar Myers, aka FPSRussia, were both registered agents for the business FPS Industries Global LLC. The business was registered Jan. 9, 2012, but the massive Youtube channel, which has more than 500 million views and 3 million subscribers, has been around since August 2010. “
Rest In Peace Keith … and thanks for helping to bring all those cool videos to the public eye .
” Published on Jan 6, 2013
What you’re seeing here are friends and family coping with the loss of a loved one. The man on the right, who is new to most of you, is the victim’s cousin. Not all of our time has been so lighthearted but it’s good to get your mind off of the tragedy from time to time.
FPS Russia’s Channel: http://youtube.com/fpsrussia ”
For those of you who may not be familiar with FPSRussia here is but one example of their very cool videos .
- Manager of FPSRussia Found Dead in Georgia (maddmedic.wordpress.com)
- FPSRussia’s Manager Found Dead, Single Gunshot to Head (thetruthaboutguns.com)
- Well-Known YouTube Weapons Expert Found Dead; Police Suspect Homicide (gawker.com)
- Breaking: Man Behind the Scenes of Top 10 YouTube Channel ‘FPSRussia’ Murdered Execution-Style (sgtreport.com)
- BREAKING: Man Behind FPSRussia Youtube Channel Found Dead [VIDEO] (secretsofthefed.com)
- FPSRussia business partner found dead by gunshot wound (guns.com)
- GBI to help investigate Kentucky man’s shooting (independentmail.com)
- FPSRussia Manager Keith Ratliff Found Dead In Suspected Murder (tubefilter.com)
On May 19, twenty-four-year-old Seth Adams was shot four times by an undercover deputy, Michael Custer, who said in an interview with an investigator two days later that he felt his life was threatened, according to transcripts provided to the Palm Beach Post (some of the audio is available here), part of hundreds of pages of documents from the state attorney and Florida Department of Law Enforcement, which investigated the shooting. That investigation cleared Custer of any wrongdoing in the shooting, naturally.
” Lake County Sheriff’s Office deputies shot and killed a man they assumed was an attempted murder suspect on Sunday, but they now know they shot the wrong man.
In the early morning hours, deputies knocked on 26-year-old Andrew Lee Scott’s door without identifying themselves as law enforcement officers. Scott answered the door with a gun in his hand.
“When we knocked on the door, the door opened and the occupant of that apartment was pointing a gun at deputies and that’s when we opened fire and killed him,” Lt. John Herrell said.
Deputies thought they were confronting Jonathan Brown, a man accused of attempted murder. Brown was spotted at the Blueberry Hills Apartment complex and his motorcycle was parked across from Andrew Scott’s front door. “