” TransCanada’s Keystone XL pipeline will not harm the environment, the State Department — in a blow to environmentalists who want to block the project — wrote in a newly-drafted report on the latest proposed route.
The report comes to the dismay of environmental activists. “We’re mystified as to how the State Department can acknowledge the negative effects of the Earth’s dirtiest oil on our climate, but at the same time claim that the proposed pipeline will ‘not likely result in significant adverse environmental effects,’” Sierra Club Executive Director Michael Brune said in a statement. “
- Rut Roh’ Treehugger Fail – State Dept Concludes Keystone XL Pipeline Will Not Harm Environment (theconservativetreehouse.com)
- State Department has no major objections to Keystone XL pipeline (csmonitor.com)
- Obvious: State Department finds Keystone Pipeline will not harm environment… (bluegrasspundit.com)
- Pipeline won’t cause major harm: study (news.yahoo.com)
- State Dept. Releases Keystone XL Environmental Impact Statement (commondreams.org)
- Obama Closer to Approving Keystone Pipeline… (abcnews.go.com)